Quote Originally Posted by FunkyRaccoon View Post
    She looks pretty good for an orc.
    Thanks. I find it strange that most of the female Orc NPCs are "pretty". They always seem to have the nice hair and makeup options at least. Usually it's the opposite, I'll end up making a "pretty" version to play while all the NPCs are ferocious looking.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Thanks. I find it strange that most of the female Orc NPCs are "pretty". They always seem to have the nice hair and makeup options at least. Usually it's the opposite, I'll end up making a "pretty" version to play while all the NPCs are ferocious looking.
    The orc females are certainly a lot prettier than their cousins in Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caboosefanatic View Post
    thats just his character he does, here's his actual view of the game
    I consider World of Warcraft to be the baseline now.
    Let's compare a completely new released game to a game with 10 years of content and patching. Yup.
    Just a friendly reminder of all the free days we got at the release of WoW (and that's the EU version, that included three months of patching an fixing from the US version)

MMO starts are bumpy, that's a fact. Get over it and buy the game half a year after release when the major bugs are fixed. I'm pretty sure Wildstar, Archage and whatever MMO get's unleashed upon us in the next few months will have similar problems.
    Last edited by mmoc6023babb1d; 2014-04-25 at 02:34 PM.

Oh, thank you for the answers. However, even though I converted a screenie of my lizard from bitmap to jpeg, nothing seems to want to upload on either site. Now I'm annoyed, and need to go out to run errands anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    The orc females are certainly a lot prettier than their cousins in Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind.
    OMG everyone looks terrible in Oblivion, with those creepy rolly eyeballs. Gah!

Archage - is that a city-builder? If so, can I build a city without some jerk burning me down before I bother with an army? I read something about it a while ago, but that was probably outdated even then. Civ 1 cheated, and rezzed the one rival civ you had to play against, even if you nuked the jerks. SimCity 1 just got kind of boring. Colonization was great, but only offered the American option to independence (revolution). I played some f2p city builder, and the only reason I didn't get burned down constantly was because the server was dead, and my guild consisted of the only people still playing; fortunately, they were more interested in bringing me in than burning me down, but I bet I know what would have happened if I refused.

Warcraft 1 can shove it in Hell for throwing humans in my face when I'm still trying to figure the stupid game out.
    Last edited by FunkyRaccoon; 2014-04-25 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRavens View Post
    That's annoying. My Bosmer looks like she is dressed in hand-me downs right now. Argonian chest, Altmer boots, etc.

One reason I hold on to disguises you get from quests, this right here.

Edit - anyone else having trouble logging into the NA server?

-Unrelated, new to forum
    How do I change my signature? I cannot find it in forum options -.-
    Last edited by Catchi; 2014-04-25 at 02:44 PM.

"Shut up, Meg"

(Just kidding, I just had to take the opportunity to say that.)

NA server is down for maintenance I think. And on that note, I gotta go get some crap from some crap stores.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    Let's compare a completely new released game to a game with 10 years of content and patching. Yup.
    Just a friendly reminder of all the free days we got at the release of WoW (and that's the EU version, that included three months of patching an fixing from the US version)

MMO starts are bumpy, that's a fact. Get over it and buy the game half a year after release when the major bugs are fixed. I'm pretty sure Wildstar, Archage and whatever MMO get's unleashed upon us in the next few months will have similar problems.
    You didn't really get his point. WoW is the benchmark, the baseline. A new MMO that launches these days should pretty much offer most if not all of the features WoW does (such group finder tools etc, like he mentioned), be comparable in quality and in a polished state. Otherwise, like he said, why bother? Diehard fans of a franchise like Star Wars or TES will stick with it anyway, but the larger crowd of customers sticks to the quality.

I totally agree that an MMO that aspires to gain me as a customer should aspire to outperform WoW in any manner of fashion. WoW is, as you said, 10 years old and inspite of the many changes and updates, there is room for a successor. Only sadly, as has been shown with so many, many examples, other studios just don't get it right, whether it's one the quality control or the innovation side of things (or both).

MMO launches these days should NOT be bumpy anymore, and customers should NOT be sold a basically beta-version box product with major hitches. Just because WoW launched with issues 10 years ago (at a time when MMOs weren't AS popular yet) doesn't mean it's permissible for contemporary products to launch poorly.

The quality standards have risen, and customers are much more aware of what is excusable and what isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyRaccoon View Post
    "Shut up, Meg"

(Just kidding, I just had to take the opportunity to say that.)

NA server is down for maintenance I think. And on that note, I gotta go get some crap from some crap stores.
    They are up and for some reason I was able to log on to a level 8 alt once and nothing else yet I keep getting "An Error has occurred"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, after spending some time with the DK pyro, I ended up deleting him. I just could not get into it. Honestly though, I'm not surprised. I've never really been a fan of casters. I'm totally a melee guy. Hell, I played almost 10 years in WoW exclusively as an enhance shaman. I created a Templar tank this time. I like the idea of a tank with self healing.

He's a Redguard that before the soulburst was an Imperial soldier. He spent many years serving the Empire and is devastated with how it has fallen. He is a master swordsman and a stout follower of Meridia. He has joined the Daggerfall Covenant not due to racial pride, but as a tactical decision. He feels the Covenant has the best shot at acquiring The Imperial City. The Dominion is too busy fighting among themselves, and the Pact still dabbles with Daedra. Which he passionately hates. The Covenant wasn't just the best choice, it was the only choice. His name is Zematu Uhi, named after his mother, Zema, who died to orc raiders when he was young. Uhi is his family name meaning "ability and skill to get things done" in the ancient Redguard language, Yoku.

He wears 5h/2l. I needed the 2 light for a bit of help with magicka. He is a solid, self-sustaining tank. His primary weapon tree is sword and board and his secondary will be dual-wield.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Unrelated, new to forum
    Settings. Left bar. "Edit Signature"
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    My post count have to be at a certain amount to be able to have a sig?

10+ Year Old Account
    My post count have to be at a certain amount to be able to have a sig?
    You have to have 10 I believe to post links, maybe it's the same for sigs. You just hit 10. Check now.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    -Unrelated, new to forum
    Yeah it took me a while to find it as well.

On the top of the page in the upper right hand corner it should say "Welcome, (Your Name)". Under that is a link that says "Settings", go there. In the settings area, under the edit avatar link, is the edit signature link.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    A new MMO that launches these days should pretty much offer most if not all of the features WoW does (such group finder tools etc, like he mentioned), be comparable in quality and in a polished state.
    And ESO certainly has that. I would be curious to find out what feature ESO doesn't have that people expect in MMOs. Francis did post on the ESO subreddit and this is what he said:

I hope that this game rises above its current state and becomes the legendary MMO it was hyped to be. As it is right now, its almost on par with WoW and certainly on par with others like GW2. It doesnt have far to go before its 'good'.
    I think there are people that generally think ESO is boring and don't think its good. But there is definitely an aspect of group think going on with the game.

And I said this previously, if you compare MMOs to single player games they are all average. WoW is average, WildStar is average, ESO is average, SWTOR is average, GW2 is average. I honestly think all MMOs are average, nothing really rises up from the pack and is significantly better than the pack. We as MMO player have our pick of what average MMO to play.

I thought WoW was ahead of its time with BC and WotLK, but as of right now there are many MMOs just as good as WoW. But WoW has the most important thing that many MMOs wish they had, a established community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    I think there are people that generally think ESO is boring and don't think its good. But there is definitely an aspect of group think going on with the game.
    It seems so...lots of hive mind going on here. I even thought it was terrible from one weekend of beta, but when playing the real game at launch it's been rather well done. I honestly don't understand much of the criticism. It seems to accomplish the idea of an ES MMO rather deftly. It doesn't sacrifice the single player elements that the IP is familiar with while providing many opportunities for group play. IDK about the subscription, but that's more to do with the model and updates etc than the actual game.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post

MMO launches these days should NOT be bumpy anymore, and customers should NOT be sold a basically beta-version box product with major hitches. .
    That is just being unrealistic. When you throw millions of people at a new game they will find bugs and exploits. Every game in the past and yet to come will be the same. How they deal with those things is the real measure of the company. I guess people just have less tolerance these days. That is fine really. For me i am happy to stick it out. These things are part and parcel of a new mmo. Hell wow is 10 years in and still cant get rid of duping. Some things will just always be part of the genre.

It seems the patch has broken the tooltips for vampire abilities. It no longer updates the ability reduction costs you get from vampire stages.

The reduction works, but tooltips arnt updating now.

10+ Year Old Account
    An error has occurred error message when trying to login, its been 1 hour and I still cannot log in

-my post count is to low to add a sig i think, no siggy link for me, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    And ESO certainly has that. I would be curious to find out what feature ESO doesn't have that people expect in MMOs. Francis did post on the ESO subreddit and this is what he said:

And I said this previously, if you compare MMOs to single player games they are all average. WoW is average, WildStar is average, ESO is average, SWTOR is average, GW2 is average. I honestly think all MMOs are average, nothing really rises up from the pack and is significantly better than the pack. We as MMO player have our pick of what average MMO to play.

I thought WoW was ahead of its time with BC and WotLK, but as of right now there are many MMOs just as good as WoW. But WoW has the most important thing that many MMOs wish they had, a established community.
    I think the people who think it's boring expect WoW style mob distribution - whereas here, hostiles seem to be confined to quest areas, while you can pretty much explore in peace elsewhere. They may also be PVP server types, who don't like the fact that no other players are out to kill them. Diff'rent Strokes and all that crap.

I like good, in-depth, captivating quests, and like being able to snoop around in areas with no hostiles. I don't like having to fight every step of the way everywhere I walk just because "combat is king". YMMV.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    That is just being unrealistic. When you throw millions of people at a new game they will find bugs and exploits. Every game in the past and yet to come will be the same. How they deal with those things is the real measure of the company. I guess people just have less tolerance these days. That is fine really. For me i am happy to stick it out. These things are part and parcel of a new mmo. Hell wow is 10 years in and still cant get rid of duping. Some things will just always be part of the genre.
    Impatience is the new Western cultural trait. Everything has to be perfect from the get-go. And the people making things perfect better not be asking for more than minimum wage, or else they'll get replaced by cheaper people from overseas.

*grump* I gotta get out of here right now.

Deleted
    Okay, question - I've done all the quests in The Rift bar one, and that one is bugged. I'm not getting any quests to go to the next zone (is it Coldharbour?) and I can't see any way to just walk into another area either, am I missing something, am I blind, is there another zone I can walk to, or will I get a quest once the I complete the last one that's bugged? Or am I not high enough (Level 43).