Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hehe, don't need mounts to fly. Levitation was part of the TES series.

The attachment to "mounts" is irrational. "Mounts" are a device to travel. If you have a 300% move speed buff out of combat it would serve the same gameplay function of a mount in many MMOs.

There are all merely devices to move players rapidly through the world as they choose.
    I don't know what you're trying to say with this, because it can work with anything. The attachment to anything is "irrational" with that logic. Why have different gear names and gear design? We can just all run around in a standard clothed avatar and have different stats attributed to our character. Gear is just a device. Why have different races, why have different settings, they're all just cosmetics.

What will the central zone of Cyrodiil will be like on a PvE server?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    What will the central zone of Cyrodiil will be like on a PvE server?
    I don't think Cyrodiil is PvE anywhere. It's always PvP no matter what instance/server you're on.

Anyway, I was looking through that link on the front page and saw this. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472749 The info might be outdated but:

-Fast travel exists in the game in the form of wayshrines, which are also your ressurection point, and you can teleport from one wayshrine to any other wayshrine you have already visited
    So it would be like GW2 travel, I think.

So it seems like that's cleared up, at least now. We really need a Trollsbane-type person to collect all this stuff down and put it on the firstpage...
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-03-29 at 01:03 PM.

I'm somewhat excited for this, but HeroEngine is a major negative for me

Quote Originally Posted by Sargerus View Post
    I'm somewhat excited for this, but HeroEngine is a major negative for me
    It's not running on the Hero Engine. It's being prototyped on it and then they're building it on an in-house engine.

Anyways, we don't know how a game on the completed Hero Engine with a competent team of engineers runs. SWTOR was build on a heavily modified beta version and their engineers did not appear to be good at their jobs. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    It's not running on the Hero Engine. It's being prototyped on it and then they're building it on an in-house engine.

Anyways, we don't know how a game on the completed Hero Engine with a competent team of engineers runs. SWTOR was build on a heavily modified beta version and their engineers did not appear to be good at their jobs. At all.
    The guys who made the Hero Engine must hate swtor so much. Less than 20% of swtors engine is the same as the completed Hero Engine but they now have to carry that bad juju with them where ever they go. It's completely unfair.
    Kind of reminds me of a firefall podcast where they were interviewing one of the level designers and he said he worked at bioware austin and the twitch chat immediately went negative on him.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    The guys who made the Hero Engine must hate swtor so much. Less than 20% of swtors engine is the same as the completed Hero Engine but they now have to carry that bad juju with them where ever they go. It's completely unfair.
    Kind of reminds me of a firefall podcast where they were interviewing one of the level designers and he said he worked at bioware austin and the twitch chat immediately went negative on him.
    Lol yeah, I heard that people that worked on Swotr hate it mainly for the awful engine its on...

Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    Lol yeah, I heard that people that worked on Swotr hate it mainly for the awful engine its on...
    Which is entirely their own fault.

They took the 'hero engine' which was still VERY MUCH IN BETA and said "Hey, we will finish this up." and the hero engine guys were like "um... are you sure? It's not remotely finished" and bioware said "chea bra. We have programmer to bra. We can finish it."

And then proceeded to make a terrible engine and gave the hero engine a bad name.

Using the hero engine for drafting is a VERY good idea. Its able to world build quickly because you have have multiple designers working on the same instance at once.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    This is not true. It's the bioware folk who took the unfinished hero engine and said to the devs they didnt need them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Peta View Post
    This is not true. It's the bioware folk who took the unfinished hero engine and said to the devs they didnt need them anymore.
    That's essentially what I said.
    Hero engine guys got blamed for bioware "finishing" a beta version of the hero engine poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't think Cyrodiil is PvE anywhere. It's always PvP no matter what instance/server you're on.
    Oh, so that is yet another PvP game? It is stillborn then.

The game will have PvE and PvP. Cyrodiil is a PvP zone, but it's far from the only zone in the game. There's also no such thing as a PvE server. ESO will use one mega server with different instances.

Your logic blows my mind time and time again.

New post about cyrodiil: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...yrodiil-part-1
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-03-30 at 12:56 AM.

How so? We will have a starting PvE zone and a large PvP one. And don't tell me about visiting other zones, as you will see all the game has to offer on your 3rd character. How's that any different from the infamous WAR with its SIX PvE zones? If developers don't want to work on building PvE, why we should support their game?

And how long 1–50 levelling will take exactly?

How so? We will have a starting PvE zone and a large PvP one. And don't tell me about visiting other zones, as you will see all the game has to offer on your 3rd character. How's that any different from the infamous WAR with its SIX PvE zones? If developers don't want to work on building PvE, why we should support their game?

If you want to simplify it like that then sure it sounds like shit. Anything can sound like shit when you actively try to make it sound like shit.

Can you at least tell me how the things you've mentioned makes the game stillborn? "Have a starting zone and a large PvP one." How does this mean "game is stillborn?" I would love to know why the game is stillborn, I would love to know how "we will have a starting PvE zone and a large PvP one" shows that "the developers don't want to work on PvE." Just because you say 1 + 8 = 2 doesn't mean that 1 + 8 actually equals 2. If you can explain that I'll be vividly impressed.

Your other statements just goes to show how little you've actually looked up about this game you're declaring prematurely dead. You don't have to go through 3 characters to see the entire world; you can do it all one one character. Pray tell me why "oh it has the same number (? I don't think so) of PVE zones as the failed WAR" means that this game will fail? Is this superstition or is there a rational explanation?
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-03-30 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If you want to simplify it like that then sure it sounds like shit. Anything can sound like shit when you actively try to make it sound like shit.

Can you at least tell me how the things you've mentioned makes the game stillborn? "Have a starting zone and a large PvP one." How does this mean "game is stillborn?" I would love to know why the game is stillborn, I would love to know how "we will have a starting PvE zone and a large PvP one" shows that "the developers don't want to work on PvE." Just because you say 1 + 8 = 2 doesn't mean that 1 + 8 actually equals 2. If you can explain that I'll be vividly impressed.

Your other statements just goes to show how little you've actually looked up about this game you're declaring prematurely dead. You don't have to go through 3 characters to see the entire world; you can do it all one one character. Pray tell me why "oh it has the same number (? I don't think so) of PVE zones as the failed WAR" means that this game will fail? Is this superstition or is there a rational explanation?
    Just a heads up. Tackhisis is known for this...at least in gw2 forums. If I were you, would just ignore him. He doesn't really have a logic here or anywhere to be honest...

So, you forgot about going into the other faction territories on one character for the 50+ and 50++ content? That isn't about seeing the other zones as an alt would, but about completing progressively harder content and receiving progressively greater rewards as you do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Just a heads up. Tackhisis is known for this...at least in gw2 forums. If I were you, would just ignore him. He doesn't really have a logic here or anywhere to be honest...
    Thanks for the warning. I won't waste time writing a reply after his inevitable rebuttal.
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2013-03-30 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So its confirmed that 3 guilds will be making a appearance and they are still tight lipped about the dark brotherhood....
    it would be a bad move not to include them as interactive in game or not have them at all
    would have to be the most fun quest lines in Oblivion and Skyrim
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little afraid now that they said they want the trinity to be "flexible". What do they mean by this? Does this mean they want all content to be cleared with any combination of roles? If so, I really don't see them making any complex or interesting boss encounters. If they want it so all fights are able to be cleared without a tank, people who are skilled will just bring one healer and the rest dps to burn the boss down quickly. I used to be a supporter of the removal of the trinity, but I was proven very wrong after playing GW2. As much as I hate to admit it, the trinity is a good foundation for making complex and interesting boss mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    I'm a little afraid now that they said they want the trinity to be "flexible". What do they mean by this? Does this mean they want all content to be cleared with any combination of roles? If so, I really don't see them making any complex or interesting boss encounters. If they want it so all fights are able to be cleared without a tank, people who are skilled will just bring one healer and the rest dps to burn the boss down quickly. I used to be a supporter of the removal of the trinity, but I was proven very wrong after playing GW2. As much as I hate to admit it, the trinity is a good foundation for making complex and interesting boss mechanics.
    You can make complex fights that don't revolve around trinity.
    In fact, there are those of us who find the role system simple and uninteresting in boss fights.

The trick is making the combat more advanced than Tab + rotation while avoiding fire (insert situation ability/ies)