Quote Originally Posted by Atlanis View Post
    You forget that they removed functionality that they had in at least Morrowind (if not Oblivion as well, though I never spent much time with Ob) to make the crumby pause-to-swap system we have in Skyrim. In morrowind, you had the 10 function keys to use (1 pre-bound to Unarmed for some reason 0.o). It wouldn't be difficult to just let us hotkey the damned spells (and weapons).

As long as they don't go to a watered-down stat system instead of the interesting armor/weapon effects they have and don't do the targetted combat a la WoW, it should be good and don't launch with more bugs than content (a la SWToR) and don't screw over the open-world exploration aspect, it should be good. That's a lot to ask, though.
    I'm almost entirely sure you can still hotkey everything in Skyrim.

Combat is a mishmash of GW2 and WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellsword View Post
    World of Elderscrolls craft incoming, it's already dug it's own grave if they plan on charging a monthly fee. If it's B2P I will definitely check it out, otherwise no.

Judging by that post with early info, sounds horribly generic... and the engine, fuck.

The only real reason I would want to play this is if I could see things like the black marsh which we haven't before.

The combat is easily enough to turn off any ES fan among many other things like 3rd person.

And the lore is hilariously wrong and makes no sense..
    I personally don't like Elder Scrolls combat anyway (Im not a fan of, spam one button which is all I seem to do in skyrim) and I play the game 3rd person view anyway, because for some reason (this is going to sound wierd) 1st person is less engrossing into the world than 3rd person is for me

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I'm almost entirely sure you can still hotkey everything in Skyrim.
    I haven't found anything in the options to set up hotkeys. If you can, I will be greatly pleased. I haven't bothered looking for mods yet cuz I'm too busy with school. EDIT: Just found it. Not documented in the manual, not in the options menu, only in the quick select menu without a tooltip. By holding down a key from 1-8 no less! Great way to let people know it exists, Bethesda.
    Combat is a mishmash of GW2 and WoW.
    Fantastic! So I can forget about it unless they change that! Less money out of my pocket.

(Yea, right...I'm still gonna buy it regardless x.x)

I haven't found anything in the options to set up hotkeys. If you can, I will be greatly pleased. I haven't bothered looking for mods yet cuz I'm too busy with school.

Fantastic! So I can forget about it unless they change that! Less money out of my pocket.

(Yea, right...I'm still gonna buy it regardless x.x)
    I remember hearing similar complaints at release and some guy bringing up a solution. Don't remember it, but I'm sure it's there. If it isn't, there's almost certainly a mod.

I liked the favorites system, so I didn't really need it :/

Haven't played ES since I got about 1/3 through Oblivion. Haven't played Skyrim (although I did buy it and return it before opening it).

I'll say a big "meh" followed by "It was inevitable." The rumors have been swirling for a reason, and it is an opportunity to make a big cash cow.

I just wonder how the scale of the game is going to translate in an MMO sense. That's a lot to put on the server backend -- or worse, that's a lot of world that feels empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I remember hearing similar complaints at release and some guy bringing up a solution. Don't remember it, but I'm sure it's there. If it isn't, there's almost certainly a mod.

I liked the favorites system, so I didn't really need it :/
    The favorites system is good, but only paired with hotkeys (which I now know how to setup, hallelujah!). For me, playing a PC game without hotkeys is like playing a console game without buttons.

The favorites system is good, but only paired with hotkeys (which I now know how to setup, hallelujah!). For me, playing a PC game without hotkeys is like playing a console game without buttons.
    The favorite system was good, as long as you never wanted to dual wield.

It is going to kill WoW!

Could have potential. I'm glad they're setting it in the distant past so that they can continue making the single player games that define the series - furthermore, reading about it suggests it's for the most part a different team from the one we rely on to bring us new Fallout/TES installments, so it should have no impeding effect on the development of aforementioned single player games, regardless of whether it is or isn't a dud.

I love Elder Scrolls, so unless it's looking mindblowingly crappy at release I'll almost certainly give it a try at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    No, no, no ,no no.

Please can we just have one game that doesn't have to be/ have multiplayer.
    Actually, even though i would prefer SP on Elder Scroll series, i wouldn't say no to a 2 player coop, or to stretch it; 4-player. But MMO? No thanks, i won't even touch it with a stick.

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    It is going to kill WoW!
    I see what you did there.
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

10+ Year Old Account
    Daaang it looks boring :O

Well, at least its being made by a different studio. Not that I don't love the elder scrolls games, but they tend to be a bit... buggy. Hell, I think the modders are still fixing the bugs from bloody morrowind. And that's only because Daggerfall and Battlespire don't have proper modding tools.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    Well, at least its being made by a different studio. Not that I don't love the elder scrolls games, but they tend to be a bit... buggy. Hell, I think the modders are still fixing the bugs from bloody morrowind. And that's only because Daggerfall and Battlespire don't have proper modding tools.
    I love Skyrim, even with the bugs (and they are quite hilarious at times too), but I would have to incline to agree. Bethesda does have a reputation for releasing bugs with a game as a bonus feature. Hell, even the unofficial Skyrim patch, one of the largest patches to bugs on steam, only has about a quarter of the bugs fixed on the list.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    Just read the initial plans on OP's post and damn, it sounds even worse than I thought. It's just a generic world of [insert name]craft WoW clone. Aren't people getting tired of the same model? Although, a little ray of hope is that Bethesda wasn't mentioned anywhere so this might just be a side project by one of the partners, Zenimax, I think. If that's true, hopefully we can just ignore it and hope it will pass by like all the countless generic WoW clones before it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    The gameplay is Elder Scrolls squashed to fit a lag-conscious and balance-conscious MMO world - i.e. real-time combat is out, and classes, levels, hot bars and a third-person viewpoint are in.

And that's how you waste another IP to a market that is sated by WoW'ish combat style. That's how you screw up an elder scrolls title. Good job guys. Yesterday I was somewhat interested, now I couldnt care less.

So to sum things up they have 3 factions and typical combat. Sounds like a DAOC2 to me. No need for that one.
    If this is true, this game has succeeded to kill my interest before even showing the game, yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    MMO market still has place for more?
    If it is F2P (or B2P): Yes. P2P? Most likely no.

Will keep an eye on it, but MMOs haven't been fun since TBC and Guld Wars so I'm not exactly exalted, would much rather have heard of TES6.

cant wait just hope they dont ruin and live up to what i know we all expect from Bethesda and Elder Scrolls

Yeah this looks pretty awesome, was never really into the Elder Scrolls games, but this one looks pretty damn good! Hope they don't mess it up though, you know how companies destroy credible franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    They could make no classes and let each one choose a path or talent tree like in skyrim, You can choose to be an archer or a mage or whatsoever. Now that would have been creative or developing crafting skills etc... But I dont understand what do people mean in real time combat?
    OH man - That's ONE major thing I want in ES:O. They had BETTER not make "classes". It should be designed right around the same core mechanic of choosing how you level a character based on which SKILLS YOU USE... not on which class you choose.

Likewise I hope professions work this way too... as in, i can become a max-level character JUST by doing professions! What's that!? a BLACKSMITH as a class!? UNTHINKABLE!

...and I'd love EVERY minute of it! A REAL MMORPG where it's the players CHOICE of what they want to be... not the company's choice of which ROLE you are to be. ^_^

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    The gameplay is Elder Scrolls squashed to fit a lag-conscious and balance-conscious MMO world - i.e. real-time combat is out, and classes, levels, hot bars and a third-person viewpoint are in.

...isn't ToR real-time combat? Not to mention how many FPSes out there?? In this day-in-age I'm betting they're going to push Real-time combat in ES:O as online games have progressed REALLY far since then. There are plenty of other smaller MMOs who have real-time fighting... I can't see why ES:O can't pull it off.

I want to see the details before I jump to conclusions... can't really judge anything from a 20 second teaser of 3 metal dragons forming an "O" :P

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    OH man - That's ONE major thing I want in ES:O. They had BETTER not make "classes". It should be designed right around the same core mechanic of choosing how you level a character based on which SKILLS YOU USE... not on which class you choose.

Likewise I hope professions work this way too... as in, i can become a max-level character JUST by doing professions! What's that!? a BLACKSMITH as a class!? UNTHINKABLE!

...and I'd love EVERY minute of it! A REAL MMORPG where it's the players CHOICE of what they want to be... not the company's choice of which ROLE you are to be. ^_^

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 08:35 PM ----------

...isn't ToR real-time combat? Not to mention how many FPSes out there?? In this day-in-age I'm betting they're going to push Real-time combat in ES:O as online games have progressed REALLY far since then. There are plenty of other smaller MMOs who have real-time fighting... I can't see why ES:O can't pull it off.

I want to see the details before I jump to conclusions... can't really judge anything from a 20 second teaser of 3 metal dragons forming an "O" :P
    Read the neogaf forum post. The combat is a mishmash of WoW/GW2, nothing at all like ES. "Real-time" is a hazy classification, but it's definitely old-school, hotkey and target, ability-fails-or-succeeds-based-on-some-numbers combat. There are also classes. Absolutely nothing in known details (and there's a lot) show that it'll be anything but a reskinned old-school MMO with a nice story.