player is defeated by Molag Bal’s minions and taken prisoner in Coldharbour, the Daedric Prince’s plane of Oblivion
    What is it with Elder Scrolls games and prisoners?

Looks like they've been quite busy since they started revealing information. Haven't read through all the new info, but a lot of what I'm seeing seems to be directly caused by the fan backlash.

However, full social media integration from day 1...yeah fuck that noise. I know it's purely optional, but still....fucking ew.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Looks like they've been quite busy since they started revealing information. Haven't read through all the new info, but a lot of what I'm seeing seems to be directly caused by the fan backlash.

However, full social media integration from day 1...yeah fuck that noise. I know it's purely optional, but still....fucking ew.
    I'm with you on that one.

Looks better than i expected so far, nice to see than negative feedback actually pushed them to some drastic changes. About social integration, i suppose that won't be optional, not mandatory^^

Deleted
    I like how they acknowledge just how little hype there was for it, especially about the typical hotkey combat. I'm actually a bit more optimistic about this now.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Yeah.
    They should go with Chivalry: Medieval Warfare's combat. (Left mouse button = slash. Mouse scroll up = Thrust. Mouse scroll down = vertical swing. Right mouse button = block/parry)
    Either that or Mount and Blade-ish combat. Or really anything that isn't Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim's melee combat. It's so damn awful.
    Yea, I really like that they're not just doing another hotkey WoW MMO, but they really need to make it more than just Skyrim's combat.

Massively has a hands on preview/impression of the pre-alpha.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10...crolls-online/

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Massively has a hands on preview/impression of the pre-alpha.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10...crolls-online/
    Yup! BIG changes! They're actually LISTENING to the audience!

Primary announcements:

1) Return of first-person mode

2) REAL-TIME combat! Not just dodge/block anymore. You have to physically swing your sword, ect. Controls are designed around Skyrim. Mouse 1 = sword/attack, Mouse 2 = shield/off hand. There will still be a hot bar though for certain spells and such. Those who played it said combat feels a lot more like an ES game than a typical WoW-style game now.

3) One mega-server community! Basically it's WoW's CRZ, divides players into separate spawned realms... but the key difference is that there will NOT be individual servers anymore. You get ONE COMMUNITY! Also, it's good to see that this is being designed FROM THE BEGINING. WoW's overworld was evolved/changed to be a solo-based individual leveling experience to get you to end-game ASAP. This game is DESIGNED to encourage you to work together, not against each other (like WoW's CRZ is doing).

On a personal note there are new screen shots too - and few are talking about it, but the game looks a LOT more like Skyrim and less "colorful/cartoony" than the others were complaining about from the previous screens.

This game is starting to re-capture my interest now!

It's nice to hear they're actually moving in a decent direction. I couldn't have been less excited from their previous statements.

However

Holy hell that looks terrible. Like, that just looks like slightly updated, reskinned Iksar with similar skeletons. Like, that looks terrible. Some of the other screenshots look much better, but I have to say I'm not terribly impressed with them thus far.

Oh well, my interest is growing a bit. Nice to know they actually listened to the overwhelming negative reaction from well, everyone, about the direction they were taking. Hoping they don't decide to go with a subscription that they can't justify.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Holy hell that looks terrible. Like, that just looks like slightly updated, reskinned Iksar with similar skeletons. Like, that looks terrible. Some of the other screenshots look much better, but I have to say I'm not terribly impressed with them thus far.
    Guess I'm not the only one.
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:I...racter_Race%29
    For those who have no idea, it's from EQ.

Glad to see it moved in a nice direction as opposed to trying to go through the usual 'hurdles'.

A bit sad that despite that they did a more action orientated combat, that they didn't implement real time travel / impacts =\
    Then again, I've never really been that big of a fan of TES series' combat.
    I do love the customization (albeit simple for your level ups) that you are allowed to do, instead of it becoming fixed to what the programmers tell you it to be.
    I do kinda hope that the block system would be a bit like Dark Souls or other action orientated single player / multiplayer game. I loved managing stam and such, as opposed to just "this is your avoidance %, deal with it".

Graphics... not so great imo, some of the aesthetics are done well, some are just....... no. This is only screenshots though in pre-alpha, so no idea what they'll change.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Yup! BIG changes! They're actually LISTENING to the audience!

Primary announcements:

1) Return of first-person mode

2) REAL-TIME combat! Not just dodge/block anymore. You have to physically swing your sword, ect. Controls are designed around Skyrim. Mouse 1 = sword/attack, Mouse 2 = shield/off hand. There will still be a hot bar though for certain spells and such. Those who played it said combat feels a lot more like an ES game than a typical WoW-style game now.

3) One mega-server community! Basically it's WoW's CRZ, divides players into separate spawned realms... but the key difference is that there will NOT be individual servers anymore. You get ONE COMMUNITY! Also, it's good to see that this is being designed FROM THE BEGINING. WoW's overworld was evolved/changed to be a solo-based individual leveling experience to get you to end-game ASAP. This game is DESIGNED to encourage you to work together, not against each other (like WoW's CRZ is doing).

On a personal note there are new screen shots too - and few are talking about it, but the game looks a LOT more like Skyrim and less "colorful/cartoony" than the others were complaining about from the previous screens.

This game is starting to re-capture my interest now!
    I'm so, so glad about the news. The first impressions made me go "meh, another MMO..." But now, really excited. And, yes, I'm one of the few who really like TES melee combat.

Deleted
    Whilst I'm normally the last person to go "BUT IT'S ALLPHHAA" lets not forget just how dreadful and cartoony SWTOR looked during its early beta days. Compare the initial Black Talon video with release and for only two years it was vastly improved.

i think now that they clarified that it's real time combat instead of something like wow or starwars (like every other recent game theyve released and what people are obviously expecting.....) it has a chance
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLp0ykvotEI&hd=1

Had me hyped..
    Interesting...

I'm certainly a bit more interested now, the fact that they're moving away from Everquest style combat has made me happier. I'm a bit concerned at the '6 abilities only' thing however, I'll have to wait and see exactly how this works before I make up my mind, but on principal I like having access to a lot of abilities, Guild Wars 2 probably has just the right amount of combat abilities, although I wouldn't mind a few fluff abilities, such as stuff in WoW, like the Mages Teleport / Portal, the Druid's Flightform etc, etc.

My other concern is the point about the phasing of similar views together via the questionnaire. It's a good idea in theory, but a varied population can be an important part of any 'Server'. I'll have to again, wait and see.

I'm delighted at the thought of Cyrodil serving as a giant open world PvP zone however, open world PvP is my favourite by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post

I'm delighted at the thought of Cyrodil serving as a giant open world PvP zone however, open world PvP is my favourite by far.
    Yes, my main concern is PvP. If they do indeed put a lot of attention into the world PvP and territory control as I've heard from the early info coming out, then count me in. I haven't been satisfied with any MMO's PvP since DAOC. And it's the main reason I quit WoW.

Not jazzed about the 6 button thing.
    Am jazzed about the open world pvp thing.

Make crafting a signficant part of the game, and they might be onto something really neat. Watching and waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Make crafting a signficant part of the game, and they might be onto something really neat.
    WTB more games that make crafting/non-combat professions a legitimate path for player progression.

I was cautiously optimistic about the game at first, but the more I read the less interested I get. The theme park PvE I've already written off completely, and I'm not keen on PvP being relegated to just Cyrodiil.

This is just going to be another one of those me-too MMORPGs that has a decent spike of sales at launch, and then fades off into obscurity like the rest.

Deleted
    After the recent news, I'm glad they decided to go with more Skyrim-like playstyle, a WoW like MMO with Elder Scrolls characters would have been just boring. I really like the screenshots too, though I can't not wonder if the population might be a bit biased in favor of the nords/dark elves/argonians, I mean they're clearly the superior races

Deleted
    This has piqued my interest now. Early reports had them having a standard MMO combat which really put me off, but these new news really has me interested. I'd love to hear about the size of the zones compared to the size of Skyrim, it wouldn't be a TES game, online or not, if the world wasn't absolutely huge. If Skyrim in-game is smaller than ½ of Skyrim in Skyrim then I'd not be as interested any longer. Roaming around in a huge open world online, rather stumbling on other players than all going to spot X to do quest Y would be very cool indeed.