Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Although I think they want as many as possible it is not a stretch to see this game was designed for TES fans. To me they should do more to please the MMO crowd especially in terms of UI, but that might piss of TES players. I am glad I am not in the devs shoes.
    I quite like the UI though. Don't see the problem. Although there is one thing that I hate that they should definitely fix and that is the "Q" option where you can scroll and use a potion or scroll there. They should get rid of that or atleast make it keybindable.

I normally don't do addons, but if there is an addon for that I get it the first possible day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    I quite like the UI though. Don't see the problem. Although there is one thing that I hate that they should definitely fix and that is the "Q" option where you can scroll and use a potion or scroll there. They should get rid of that or atleast make it keybindable.

I normally don't do addons, but if there is an addon for that I get it the first possible day.
    It is keybindable. Or do you mean each slot keybindable?

Deleted
    Although I think they want as many as possible it is not a stretch to see this game was designed for TES fans. To me they should do more to please the MMO crowd especially in terms of UI, but that might piss of TES players. I am glad I am not in the devs shoes.
    I did not have a massive problem with the UI, other than that stupid compass bar instead of a mini-map.

But surely to please both you just add options:

Display minimap 1/0
    Show DMG numbers 1/0

etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why review something about a franchise you don't care for? If you don't like it, don't waste your time with it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post

I rebound left and right to "Q" and "E", swapping them with quicklslot and interact.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    2. They said 100% of the game was for the sub fee, and no cashshop other than services.....well thats a lie now, as its not 100% as there is a race missing.
    No there's not. All nine races are there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    No there's not. All nine races are there.
    and yet there will be 10 in the game...so thats 10% missing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    and yet there will be 10 in the game...so thats 10% missing.
    There's also mudcrabs in the game. Why can't I play them? I should bitch about not being able to play as a mudcrab. That's 1% of the game I'm missing.

So much hate about the UI.. I'm behind a TV screen and I have no issues with the UI..What's wrong with it :?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    So much hate about the UI.. I'm behind a TV screen and I have no issues with the UI..What's wrong with it :?
    Nothing. People just need their hand held these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Nothing. People just need their hand held these days.
    Or the genuinely don't like the aesthetics of the UI...you know, that too.

that is has been designed for consoles (all the quick keys, how you interact with things etc.) and badly ported to the pc. That's what's wrong with it. And it's a disgrace and a shame that stuff like this happens with a mmorpg that releases on PC in 2014. Major no go right there.

Sooo....Is melee generally useless in mass PvP as it always is?

I don't want to level a Templar then to find out I'll die in seconds from a pack of wild wizards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Or the genuinely don't like the aesthetics of the UI...you know, that too.
    A minimap is not an aesthetic. And that seems to be where most the UI hate revolves around.

Quote Originally Posted by Balte View Post
    Sooo....Is melee generally useless in mass PvP as it always is?

I don't want to level a Templar then to find out I'll die in seconds from a pack of wild wizards.
    Then don't only level melee skills =/

Not like you're locked out of ranged skills because you chose templar.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Then don't only level melee skills =/

Not like you're locked out of ranged skills because you chose templar.
    I hope that'd work out then. A destro staff wielding Templar sounds amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoops. Was jumping around and got slingshot across half the world, screaming along the way. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    that is has been designed for consoles (all the quick keys, how you interact with things etc.) and badly ported to the pc. That's what's wrong with it. And it's a disgrace and a shame that stuff like this happens with a mmorpg that releases on PC in 2014. Major no go right there.
    I'm a PC gamer to the core, I own literally 0 consoles and I hate most ports. This is not one of them. The controls in Skyrim, they suck. They're the worst possible, with keybinds put on weapons and spells unable to be cast without swapping. I friggin hate it.

This UI you see in TESO, is what they call a minimalistic UI. Nothing to do with consoles. I see keybinds, I see an intuitive block/interrupt system. The First Person combat seems reasonably alright, very Skyrim-ish, yet more catered towards an MMO public and the minimap..This is how the Elder Scrolls has lead you to quests for ages. I have no doubt it's a deliberate choice and not a bad one at that.

Just stopped playing after my last session. This time a Bow/Assassination character and I'm enjoying it the most of all other styles I've been trying so far, so I guess I'll be rolling that when it hits live.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2014-02-10 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    It was never supposed to come out for consoles actually. If you look at interviews last year they say only PC/MAC, the Sony VP convinced them to go to consoles.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...me-to-consoles
    Last edited by Sharuko; 2014-02-10 at 10:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a PC gamer to the core, I own literally 0 consoles and I hate most ports. This is not one of them. The controls in Skyrim, they suck. They're the worst possible, with keybinds put on weapons and spells unable to be cast without swapping. I friggin hate it.

This UI you see in TESO, is what they call a minimalistic UI. Nothing to do with consoles. I see keybinds, I see an intuitive block/interrupt system. The First Person combat seems reasonably alright, very Skyrim-ish, yet more catered towards an MMO public and the minimap..This is how the Elder Scrolls has lead you to quests for ages. I have no doubt it's a deliberate choice and not a bad one at that.

Just stopped playing after my last session. This time a Bow/Assassination character and I'm enjoying it the most of all other styles I've been trying so far, so I guess I'll be rolling that when it hits live.
    It is a deliberate choice on the minimap. Earlier betas the game had a minimap. It was removed due to popular demand by the fans.

- - - Updated - - -

It was never supposed to come out for PC actually. If you look at interviews last year they say only PC/MAC, the Sony VP convinced them to go to consoles.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...me-to-consoles
    May want to fix that first sentence.