Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamona View Post
    You could have all the professions on one character, you know?
    You can, but that will cost you alot of power and abilities. 2 is said to be the max at which you start losing power (1 gives you more choice but not necissarly more power) and at 3 you are losing power for extra crafting skill. But if you manage to spend your build correctly (thus not 'losing' skillpoints anywhere) it might just work to do that without a powerloss.

Deleted
    Last time I heard a discussion on skillpoints the numbers were looking like

49 from levelling
    102 from skyshards
    20 from dungeons
    50 from PvP levels.

+ an unknown amount from questing, probably at least 50 over the 3 zones.

Estimate availability of 250+ but it really depends on those quest points.

Everything available in the game takes 450 points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamona View Post
    You could have all the professions on one character, you know?
    You could, but the problem is that crafting in this game is not independent from the power of your character since they share a common upgrade system, i.e. Skill Points. So, every time you spend points in professions, you have weakened your character in a relative sense. It does not matter at first, but it starts to add up. By level 50, a maxed profession character would start severely gimped in power selection.

The alternative, of course, is to start crafting from level 50 or some max level of power progression, but there are many benefits to crafting for your character while levelling and account overall. So, it may not be good to wait that long either.

Hence why some players choose to have crafting alts. Make a few alts that fulfill all your crafting needs early and have your main remain competitive all the time and max out power progression skills as soon as possible.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2014-03-04 at 07:23 PM.

Anyone know how much respecs will cost @ live? I keep hearing it is cost prohibitive, but was curious. Might be better to just bank skill points for a while and fish out the best applicable skills in a given tree, not just dump into that tree till u get to the skill you wanted (e.g., secondary weapon is archer and your only using it for AoE stuff which is deeper in the archery tree, esp passives)

Quote Originally Posted by Balazzar View Post
    Anyone know how much respecs will cost @ live? I keep hearing it is cost prohibitive, but was curious. Might be better to just bank skill points for a while and fish out the best applicable skills in a given tree, not just dump into that tree till u get to the skill you wanted (e.g., secondary weapon is archer and your only using it for AoE stuff which is deeper in the archery tree, esp passives)
    From what I heard, the more points you have to respect, the higher the cost is. Cant confirm if this is true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    You could, but the problem is that crafting in this game is not independent from the power of your character since they share a common upgrade system, i.e. Skill Points. So, every time you spend points in professions, you have weakened your character in a relative sense. It does not matter at first, but it starts to add up. By level 50, a maxed profession character would start severely gimped in power.

The alternative, of course, is to start crafting from level 50 or some max level of power progression, but there are many benefits to crafting for your character while levelling and account overall. So, it may not be good to wait that long either.

Hence why some players choose to have crafting alts. Make a few alts that fulfill all your crafting needs early and have your main remain competitive all the time and max out power progression skills as soon as possible.
    Well, this is right, and... hm, maybe i revise my plans regarding alts

I love the screenshots that you guys take! Feel free to upload as much as possible. In my opinion screenshots capture the mood of a game a lot more than gameplay videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I just can't get over the movement controls. W.S.A.D, but no Q or E. Yeah, keyboard turners are shunned, but I always used a combination of QWEASD + Mouse. Gave me excellent control. Taking away the Q & E keys and replacing it with a mouse which is locked to your turning really doesn't gel with the way I play games.
    I prefer pressing a mouse button to mouselook too. ESO could easily have done that and used for example the shift key to block and shift + attack button to interrupt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balazzar View Post
    Tried to find a respec shrine in the open beta and ended up in an unfinished zone and fell off the edge of the world.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    It says the zone in its entirety is 4 player oriented, with 12 player content on certain points. but open world means the 12 man things will get zerged bei dozens of players regardless.
    The datamined image for Craglorn shows almost 20 dungeons on the map. Id be surprised if nothing was instanced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by c0rp View Post
    The datamined image for Craglorn shows almost 20 dungeons on the map. Id be surprised if nothing was instanced.
    with instanced i meant content exactly designed for an exact number of people, and only those number able to enter. The dungeons in the adventure zone will surely be instanced, but still public, I guess.

But as I said, I expect the content to scale upwards.

with instanced i meant content exactly designed for an exact number of people, and only those number able to enter. The dungeons in the adventure zone will surely be instanced, but still public, I guess.

But as I said, I expect the content to scale upwards.
    I wouldnt be surprise if some of them are public, but others private.. like the actual dungeons in the games. Some are public, some arent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    I wouldnt be surprise if some of them are public, but others private.. like the actual dungeons in the games. Some are public, some arent.
    But hten they would be classic raids, and didn't they say they wouldn't do that?

Deleted
    But hten they would be classic raids, and didn't they say they wouldn't do that?
    They said it would be different from classic raids, a whole zone where you can quest in as a group is different from a raid it being instanced doesn't necissarly make it a classic raid.

And please for the love of god, make it instanced else it will just be another zergfest that can be thrown into the garbage after a day.

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    They said it would be different from classic raids, a whole zone where you can quest in as a group is different from a raid it being instanced doesn't necissarly make it a classic raid.

And please for the love of god, make it instanced else it will just be another zergfest that can be thrown into the garbage after a day.

Pretty much. That what I understand from the small amount of infos we got on AZ. Small group content zone with lot of quests, open world boss maybe, point of interest, dungeons publics and maybe some private, and "raid", which would be more than 4 people dungeons, in an private instanced zone. Thats what I understand from being different than classic raids, the whole zone concept where small group of friends and bigger guilds can have content, instead of just a raid portal.

The beauty of that is... they can add SO many AZ if they want
    Last edited by Aoewy; 2014-03-04 at 10:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I hope they're instanced off. I really can't stand zergfests.... so dull and unsatisfying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Pretty much. That what I understand from the small amount of infos we got on AZ. Small group content zone with lot of quests, open world boss maybe, point of interest, dungeons publics and maybe some private, and "raid", which would be more than 4 people dungeons, in an private instanced zone. Thats what I understand from being different than classic raids, the whole zone concept where small group of friends and bigger guilds can have content, instead of just a raid portal.

The beauty of that is... they can add SO many AZ if they want
    Well if you don't have this 'raidportal' then you get zerging and no smallgroup of friends that can have 'fun' as there is something called a megaserver and that means the content will just be zerged to death all day long by huge groups of 100ths of players. Oké that won't last long but that is more because those players will have all content consumed in less then a week because it is so zergable. By then you will still have these small groups till new zergers come about. Although with the megaserver I expect that the huge zergs will never end as there will always be plenty of players to zerg.

And yes I hate adventure zones alot atleast from how it was told.

Well if you don't have this 'raidportal' then you get zerging and no smallgroup of friends that can have 'fun' as there is something called a megaserver and that means the content will just be zerged to death all day long by huge groups of 100ths of players. Oké that won't last long but that is more because those players will have all content consumed in less then a week because it is so zergable. By then you will still have these small groups till new zergers come about. Although with the megaserver I expect that the huge zergs will never end as there will always be plenty of players to zerg.

And yes I hate adventure zones alot atleast from how it was told.
    "Raidportal" I meant thats what Classic raid are usually, just that... and there is no content (content that is hard/that matter, I dont count grinding dailies as content as they are easy and you just want to get them done asap) for the solo/smaller group, no new zone (or rarely)... while Adventure Zones bring that. So people who wants to do the new quests/story in group, they can. People who want to explore, they can. People who want to do the dungeons, I'm sure there will be plenty of public and plenty of private. And finally, people who want to raid, they'll have their big groups dungeons.

And Im sure it will be instanced, the 4-12 people dungeons that, so I dont think you have to worry about the zerg fest.

Caved and pre-ordered the standard edition for ability to any class any race. I feel bad for being a mook and caving into that awful business strategy but I want to play dominion and loved redguard stam racials = /

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Last time I heard a discussion on skillpoints the numbers were looking like

49 from levelling
    102 from skyshards
    20 from dungeons
    50 from PvP levels.

+ an unknown amount from questing, probably at least 50 over the 3 zones.

Estimate availability of 250+ but it really depends on those quest points.

Everything available in the game takes 450 points.
    On page 854 someone posted a video of a lvl 10 veteran rank, doing an heroic dungeon (http://www.twitch.tv/elder_scrolls_online/c/3817328).

On that video, you can see he has 631 unspent skill points, at rank 10 (!!!!!)