Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    But I saw this coming. A lot of bads/noobs will be playing ESO. It's Elder Scrolls, everyone and their grandma will try it out.
    You can't be having any challenge when that crowd is swarming to your MMO.
    Cmon... can we keep this kind of crap ("bads/noobs" or "baddies") out of Eso please? Its not "your MMO"... its everyone's MMO and everyone is entitled to play it the way they want.

I really hope the community keeps it friendly and not elitist and filled with jerks

Quote Originally Posted by Malbabo View Post
    Cmon... can we keep this kind of crap ("bads/noobs" or "baddies") out of Eso please? Its not "your MMO"... its everyone's MMO and everyone is entitled to play it the way they want.

I really hope the community keeps it friendly and not elitist and filled with jerks
    Then what will we call the people who seem unable to open their character options and find the campaign list or can't figure out the difference between the Transitus Shrine and a Wayshrine?

that's my hope as well, but as you can see, they're already moving in ;P

really, people like that want to talk about entitlement? they reek of entitlement. far more than an average person.

10+ Year Old Account

I agree. If I hear the sentence "They're catering to the casuals" in an argument 1 more time I'm going to punch a bunny in the face. And I like bunnies
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Then what will we call the people who seem unable to open their character options and find the campaign list or can't figure out the difference between the Transitus Shrine and a Wayshrine?
    We could just call them stupid. That's apparently less offensive than "noob".

Deleted
    You're not allowed to ever be challenged while leveling in MMOs. It's forbidden.

I played in one of the first betas, everything seemed to require some thought during that time.
    But I guess that won't be the case anymore.

But I saw this coming. A lot of bads/noobs will be playing ESO. It's Elder Scrolls, everyone and their grandma will try it out.
    You can't be having any challenge when that crowd is swarming to your MMO.

I will bet money most of the end game will not be challenging.
    You're the minority. If you want a challenging/unfair MMO you should give pre-T2A/Trammel Ultima Online a chance.
    The times when MMOs were developed for hardcore gamers who are absolutely comfortable with investint 20+ hours per week into the game are over.

The vast (VAST) majority of people who want to play a MMO these days don't want to plan out their character and progression before they even start the game, and being challenged with advanced mechanics a few hours into the game when those "noobs" and "bads" are still learing the core mechanics is just bad game design.

Also the new patch notes have just confirmed that you can skip the tutorial islands IF you've done them at least once on any character.

Thank fucking god. Disaster averted.
    Inconveniece at best. Not a desaster, don't exaggerate, you're finished with coldharbour in less than 10 minutes if you've done it before, and the starter islands weren't bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    Inconveniece at best. Not a desaster, don't exaggerate, you're finished with coldharbour in less than 10 minutes if you've done it before, and the starter islands weren't bad either.
    i think he meant it would have been a disaster to let everyone skip it right off the bat, instead of having to do it at least once. i agree with him there, everyone should have to do it at least once imo. i know i'll be doing it every time for the jump start, and because i hang out in cold harbour for about 30 minutes each time collecting chests for free lock picks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    As much as I agree that having limited inventory and bank space is inconvenient it has a different effect that I like a lot. By limiting the amount of things you can have they limit your possibility to control the markets and "play" the economy all by yourself. Now you can still control part of the in game economy, but it needs to be an effort of a whole guild, both in procuring the items and to sell them by capturing keeps in Cyrodiil. In this way inventory space becomes a resource itself (possibly the only one with a fixed upper bound), which I find much more interesting then having 3 guilds made exclusively by my alts for the purpose of hoarding all possible items and materials in the game.
    A guild controlling the market is far worse then individuals doing it. Less competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    You start out knowing how to make everything with the lowest material. Whether it be woodworking, armorsmithing or clothier. You don't have to purchase any recipes to start making something. You even automatically know how to craft your race's armor style. So all you need are a few materials and off you go crafting.
    I was in last weekend's stress test, but was not able to craft anything because I missed a bone(?) in the style section of crafting requirements. Does a certain quest unlock it, or did I just miss something obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    I was in last weekend's stress test, but was not able to craft anything because I missed a bone(?) in the style section of crafting requirements. Does a certain quest unlock it, or did I just miss something obvious?
    You can buy the bone off the vendor standing right next to the anvil. Although you must have been very unlucky or not looted everything to not get any. I usually had 3-10 pieces of most kinds on me.

you can find racial materials out in the world or you can buy them from vendors right beside the crafting areas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    You're the minority. If you want a challenging/unfair MMO you should give pre-T2A/Trammel Ultima Online a chance.
    The times when MMOs were developed for hardcore gamers who are absolutely comfortable with investint 20+ hours per week into the game are over.

The vast (VAST) majority of people who want to play a MMO these days don't want to plan out their character and progression before they even start the game, and being challenged with advanced mechanics a few hours into the game when those "noobs" and "bads" are still learing the core mechanics is just bad game design.

Well you're welcome to play WoW instead.

Also I pretty much doubt that your opinion ist even remotely true.
    There are gamers who seek out for the most easy game they could find, hence games like farmville are so popular.

However that mmo gamers are seeking for that is a myth blizzard tried to stomp into the minds of people since end of WotlK.

Before that games were challenging and you had to invest time to get to the end of the game. And games still were sold.
    WoW was on its subscribtion peak when the game was quite difficult and it took afford to get onto raiding or even killing the last boss.

How many of you have seen sunnwell? Or Classic Naxx? Not so many I guess and still the game was played by more people than now.

With the dumbing down of gaming, the audience just changed not the attitude or the desire of the gamers themselves. It is just that gamers who want a challenge just moved along because they couldn't find this gameplay anymore and were replaced by the "farmville players" who found another easy, dumbed down game they could play with nearly no afford.

Sadly the truth is, that it is much more easy and less expensive to cater towards that crowd and that is the real reason why gaming has become so boring lately.
    However, it appears that ESO is going a different direction, not by an awful lot, but a step and thus the harsh critics are coming up from games who are just extremely bad and see their easy going gameplay in danger.
    Casuals who for some reason have the expression that every game on the planet needs to be made exactly for them and who can't understand that there is a different crowd of gamers waiting for a game that is not for those people but for themselves. A game where you actually have to think of stuff you do and make decisions that impact directly your gameplay.

And it is good that ESO is heading that way.
    The game is not meant for everybody. Get over it already. If the game is too tough for you, too much thinking, too much planing then there are countless games for you available you can switch over to.
    Last edited by mmoc9469597767; 2014-03-05 at 04:20 PM.

each race has a style and you innately only know how to craft you're race's stuff. you can buy the style resources from a vendor near the crafting station.

you can unlock more styles from random book drops.

So why is there no Forum dedicated to ESO here yet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vultahna View Post
    So why is there no Forum dedicated to ESO here yet?
    Apperently because this is a Blizzard fan site where only unreleased Blizzard games get their own forums. *hint Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone*

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Apperently because this is a Blizzard fan site where only unreleased Blizzard games get their own forums. *hint Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone*
    I would go along with that except there is a GW2, LoL, SWTOR, Rift, etc...

Perhaps it won't happen until release?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vultahna View Post
    I would go along with that except there is a GW2, LoL, SWTOR, Rift, etc...

Perhaps it won't happen until release?
    These games have been released already, while HS and HotS have not. Same as ESO.

Red face

Oh well. I had hoped to find more discussions than this thread... back to Tamriel Foundry I guess. I'll keep checking back for when that does change.

Deleted
    We could just call them stupid. That's apparently less offensive than "noob".
    Or you can act like an adult, polite and respectful member of a community, and not call them anything. That works pretty well in real life, where you can get hurt by saying everything that comes to your head.

If someone doesn't play the game the way you think its "the right way", or isn't as skilled as you would want, just walk away. Nobody is forcing you to play with them, as nobody should force them to play the way you want. It goes both ways.

I really hope Eso community is more respectful and mature than the majority of the games out there.

I really hope Eso community is more respectful and mature than the majority of the games out there.
    Don't hold your breath.