Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Anyone have access to the PTS forums? Paul Sage just posted some nice information. He said something about more info on Adventure Zones soon and they are working on a FoV slider. Some other things I forget, that Atropos mentioned.
    Since he didn't say we couldn't share:

Upcoming Changes March 7th, 2014
    ZOS_PaulSage mod
    8:26PM edited 8:33PM in Psijic Developer Discussion
    Hey everyone,

I just wanted to drop a line in to talk about some things coming to the game in the future that we thought you might want to know about. Of course, there is way more happening than what is listed here, with team busy on many initiatives including continued bug fixing, balancing, and other features. But these are things we can offer some tidbits on that you’ll hopefully be seeing soon. As with anything in development, things could change, so we are not guaranteeing these.

Adventure Zone – Craglorn and Trials
    We are going to be talking about this in lots of detail very soon. I know everyone is eager for details, and they will come soon.

FOV Slider
    There isn’t a lot to say about this feature that isn’t in the title, other than we will be adding it in. We know different people have different Field Of View settings which will make them comfortable, or just not nauseous.

Improved World Interactivity
    You will be able to pick up even more objects in the world, including picking up that sword or armor off the rack.

Death Recap
    In your darkest hour, we rub it in. Just kidding. When you die, you will now be informed of who or what killed you, what the last top five events were that contributed to your death, and offer some hints that might contribute to your success in the future. This will be a UI element that comes up when you die. We don’t want you to die, but if you do, we want you to be a better person for it.

Battle Level Off
    We're adding a toggle so you’ll be able to turn off battle leveling in Cyrodiil if you wish.

Exclusive Full Screen Mode
    In Digicolor. Okay, Digicolor isn’t really a thing, but exclusive full screen mode sounded so impressive, I thought I should embellish. Sorry about that.

Player Separation
    We know that group members can become separated in some of our content, and we are looking at ways to make sure you stay together with your group members. We are currently testing some solutions.

So there you go. Just a peek into what’s coming up, and really, that’s only a small portion of what we are working on. We’ll be announcing more in the upcoming weeks, and I’m looking forward to seeing you at launch.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    Cool, Jessica Folsom said it is ok to share. So thanks for this. Some of these changes are what people have been asking for a long time including the FoV slide and items like weapons and gear being lootable in the world. If they can add these before launch or within a month after launch it would be great, especially adventure zones, FoV slider and fixing player separation.

The game MUST launch with an FOV slider. No excuses, this is a PC game. No dicking around allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    The game MUST launch with an FOV slider. No excuses, this is a PC game. No dicking around allowed.
    Most PC games I can think of don't have a FoV slider, especially MMO's >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Well at this point most of these things won't be in at launch.... but i'll be damned if a lot of the little things won't improve the game from month to month, something so simple as guild crests on armor would be amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And that's a problem. Any PC game that's 1st person must have a changeable FOV.
    What I meant was, since ESO has a 1st person view and is on the PC, they must have one.

Most games that are intended to be played first person have FoV sliders.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Most games that are intended to be played first person have FoV sliders.
    ESO was originally meant to be third person they added first person some time into the beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

So Paul Sage has now confirmed the Adventure zone is Craglorn.

http://esohead.com/zones/603-craglorn

And it is actually a entire zone. Still wonder how it works. I hope it isn't a Timeless Isle kind of situation. I hope it is Timeless Isle with instance dungeons and content, based on the map it seems like there are many dungeons so hopefully that is true.

Looking at the dungeons in the list. I wonder if that whole zone acts like a public raid. And each instance dungeon in that zone has one of the raid bosses in it, like "Mtharnaz" or "Rukundzelft" etc.
    Last edited by Sharuko; 2014-03-08 at 04:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    No it's not. It's a "multi platform" game. Which means it will be designed for the lowest common denominator.

HOWEVER, apparently tonight Tamriel Foundries podcast claims the newest private beta build includes a FOV slider.
    Last edited by Kujako; 2014-03-08 at 04:13 AM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    No it's not. It's a "multi platform" game. Which means it will be designed for the lowest common denominator.

HOWEVER, apparently tonight Tamriel Foundries podcast claims the newest private beta build includes a FOV slider.
    I don't think its in, Paul Sage just posted what TabbyCat had pasted:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post25786434

They are working on it, but it isn't in yet.

Deleted
    Personally i don't care about FOV (as im sure most MMO players wont either, and not many ppl play MMOs on first person view). What im really happy about, is they are trying to fix group-phasing! That is my biggest concern with the game atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    It's probably a good idea for them to release the game with a FoV slider at launch...

It -is- an Elder Scrolls game, and for most part does feel like a more than worthy sequel in the series, and many 'casual' fans will pick up the title, go first-person and get annoyed with how narrow the view is. I don't think anyone will keep playing the game in first-person view for long though, since with all the indicators and more in-depth combat mechanics (than previous TES titles) it will only make the game too hard.
    This pretty much. I really wanted to play this game in first person. I tried to do it as much as I can. But as a melee character, you are gimped playing first person. Most indicators you can never see. Especially the ground effect ones.

Here I've created the "Sustainable Resources" Nightblade build on ESOHEAD

The idea here is to maximize regeneration of health, stamina, and magicka. This works best against packs of mobs where you focus them down one at a time. This makes use of all three Nightblade skill lines. Here are the highlights...

• Siphoning
      • Swallow Soul restores Health
      • Siphoning Attacks (toggled) - leave this on all the time. Basic weapon attacks restore 2% Magicka, Health, and Stamina, with a 10% chance to restore 15% Magicka and Stamina.
      • Max out all passives in this skill line.
    • Shadow
      • Refreshing Path heals you while doing AOE damage.
      • Refreshing Shadows (passive) allows Refreshing Path to also increase Stamina regen by 30% for 6 seconds.
    • Assassination
      • Killer's Blade heals you when killing a target.
      • Executioner (passive) causes Killer's Blade to also restore Magicka.
      • For the Ultimate I went with Soul Harvest since you'll likely be getting a lot of killing blows with Killer's Blade.
    • Dual Wield
      • Whirling Blades - AOE ability that restores all the Stamina it costs to use it, and then some. Stamina restored increased by number of targets hit.
    Last edited by Lycanthat; 2014-03-08 at 08:35 AM.

Need. To. Play.

Release. Plx. Zenimax.

Deleted
    Most MMOs don't have a legitimate First Person mode ...
    Any game with a First Person mode needs a FOV slider (or at least a >60° mode). Or else I'll puke all over my desk after 15 minutes ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbabo View Post
    Personally i don't care about FOV (as im sure most MMO players wont either, and not many ppl play MMOs on first person view). What im really happy about, is they are trying to fix group-phasing! That is my biggest concern with the game atm.
    I will honestly tell I never used FOV slider in my life, and I'm long time PC gamer who was raised on FPS games (first game ever Wolfenstein 3D), and I still play them (single player)
    Last edited by mmoca01e16f76d; 2014-03-08 at 12:31 PM.

Saw this and it is a good chart showing the "Elven" races.

http://ladynerevar.tumblr.com/post/4...nction-between

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    That's an impressive list of upcoming changes.

That's also the first time I have seen them even discuss much-needed improvements to phasing and grouping in general (they only fixed some very specific issues in previous patch notes).

The native fullscreen should allow PC players to use Nvidia's Shadowplay too for zero-performance-hit video recording.

You will also be able to play PvP without outlevelling your AFK friends. I hope it applies to being able to do any activity in the whole PvP zone, including collecting Skyshards and farming dungeons. That way, those activities would not interfere with XP from questing, as well as give other things to do while waiting for friends.

I hope there is an option to disable that Death Recap. Normally, as an MMO player, I would love such an option, but it would kind of ruin the immersion for me strictly in world PvE (questing) in a game like ESO.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2014-03-08 at 01:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I will honestly tell I never used FOV slider in my life, and I'm long time PC gamer who was raised on FPS games (first game ever Wolfenstein 3D), and I still play them (single player)
    Good for you. Many people can't play first person games at 50° or 60° without getting sick and feeling nauseous ... I can't even watch youtube videos or play fps console games on a TV when I'm 6 meters away from the TV.

These 2 videos explain it very well why FOV matters ...

There's a reason why, for example, Total Biscuit always looks for a FOV slider in his videos.