Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I HATE channel system that sucks!
    It will suck if this will be in ESLO too :/
    BTW is it true that ESO launches with no raiding content?
    Your posts seem to always consist of TESO bashing and feigned ignorance, or I'm completely wrong and you're completely ignorant about TESO (by choice, the info is there and this thread isn't it)

TESO page has a ton of info if you're interested.

Point of the server type they're using is to avoid over- and underpopulated servers. Nobody likes the extremes and I'm personally glad they're using this tech they developed instead of charging us $25 to change servers.

What is raiding content to you? In wow a raid is defined as a group of 6 or more people. That's all it is. In other games it's defined differently. You have to tell us what YOU consider raid content. If you want what wow offers, you'd not even consider another game. People fail to grasp this concept, they are totally bored of wow but they seek a game like wow that will instantly totally bore them. It's completely idiotic and just a sign of addiction. It's like going back to that bf who gets drunk and knocks your teeth out. It's a sickness. If you want wow, wow isn't going anywhere. If TESO is like wow it will fail miserably because the #1 thing wow has going for it is the time people have invested.

Again, the TESO page tells you this stuff. I personally think you're here to passively-aggressively defend wow and not really seeking TESO info.

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 09:28 AM ----------

And the Megaserver tech is clearly and simply defined on the FAQ page on Tamriel Foundry.

It places you in an instance with other people that had your preferences. The PUBLIC chat channels will be instance-specific. You are a click away from anyone else who is playing TESO at the time since instance hopping is simple and done real-time.

The large scale PVP battles will almost certainly have many instances since it won't be possible to have 1 huge battle if 20,000 people are online at the same time. They're planning on 200-300 person battles and have developed the engine to accommodate that specifically, but a 20,000 person battle won't happen in our lifetimes in an MMO. A lag free 200 person battle would be a major MMO accomplishment.

It truly is one huge server though that puts you in phases with people who seem to want what you want out of their experience. If you change your mind, hop over to another one.
    Last edited by manipulation; 2013-04-18 at 02:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manipulation View Post
    A lag free 200 person battle would be a major MMO accomplishment.
    Not to burst your bubble, since your general point is correct, but:

Eve Online
    Planetside
    Planetside 2

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post

Eve Online
    Planetside
    Planetside 2
    Planetside 2 is amazing, even with the terrible first load time on launch, that game is beyond amazing tech wise.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Eve Online
    Planetside
    Planetside 2
    And rift has 200v200v200.
    What size is GW2 rvrvr?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    What size is GW2 rvrvr?
    the OP said "lag free 200 player combat"
    rift has nothing but lag...
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

I HATE channel system that sucks!
    It will suck if this will be in ESLO too :/
    BTW is it true that ESO launches with no raiding content?
    I don't know what ESLO is. English Second Language Online?

ESO will have adventure zones. Sort of like GW2 fractals and AoC open world raids.

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    the OP said "lag free 200 player combat"
    rift has nothing but lag...
    ???

I don't lag o_O
    How long ago did you play?

Deleted
    What size is GW2 rvrvr?
    Rift has 600 players visible at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    Rift has 600 players visible at the same time?
    I don't do conquest at max settings, or anything really (not a graphics snob) so I am not sure. If someone has the computer for it, I assume so.

10+ Year Old Account
    ZOS only said that they wanted to have up to 200 people on a screen at once that will still run without drops in frames and lag everywhere. Now that doesn't mean that it is only limited to only 200 people (they said this in an interview somewhere). If all 2000 people in Cyrodiil were to meet up somewhere you would be all be see everyone it just would be slow as hell there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    ZOS only said that they wanted to have up to 200 people on a screen at once that will still run without drops in frames and lag everywhere. Now that doesn't mean that it is only limited to only 200 people (they said this in an interview somewhere). If all 2000 people in Cyrodiil were to meet up somewhere you would be all be see everyone it just would be slow as hell there.
    It would probably stop rendering people at a certain number like in Planetside 2.

It would probably stop rendering people at a certain number like in Planetside 2.
    Yeah. Most mmos have something like that.
    Usually with some level of control under the UI options. (slide scale for 25-200 people) or somehting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I was just throwing out the number that it isn't just capped at 200 people. I would guess it would be over 300+ people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    info
    thanks for the link I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Tera itself has a channel system when zone population goes too high.
    EQ2 has a channel system when population goes too high.
    A game I play, Maplestory has a channel system.

It's not that uncommon.
    ha, yeah I never played any of those

I don't do conquest at max settings, or anything really (not a graphics snob) so I am not sure. If someone has the computer for it, I assume so.
    it's not a computer limiation. when wow starts lagging during an org or sw raid, it's a server limitation. people with great computers lag like everyone else. the server simply can't handle all the info being passed around and falls behind

getting 200-300 people on screen at the same time in a stable environment would be a first

Quote Originally Posted by manipulation View Post
    it's not a computer limiation. when wow starts lagging during an org or sw raid, it's a server limitation. people with great computers lag like everyone else. the server simply can't handle all the info being passed around and falls behind

getting 200-300 people on screen at the same time in a stable environment would be a first
    Eh...
    I wasn't lagging during the Ilum escapades of 200v200 in swtor.

So I don't know what to tell you.

Maybe I am the chosen one?

Your posts seem to always consist of TESO bashing and feigned ignorance, or I'm completely wrong and you're completely ignorant about TESO (by choice, the info is there and this thread isn't it)
    I'm not bashing TESO I just write what I don't like/like and asking about game.
    Point of the server type they're using is to avoid over- and underpopulated servers. Nobody likes the extremes and I'm personally glad they're using this tech they developed instead of charging us $25 to change servers.
    I see the point why they might do this but it will sucks switching between the channels to see your friends and guildmates. And nobody will charge you +25$ for server charge. Max sub type can be 15$ IMHO (If it will be sub based game)
    What is raiding content to you? In wow a raid is defined as a group of 6 or more people. That's all it is. In other games it's defined differently. You have to tell us what YOU consider raid content. If you want what wow offers, you'd not even consider another game. People fail to grasp this concept, they are totally bored of wow but they seek a game like wow that will instantly totally bore them. It's completely idiotic and just a sign of addiction. It's like going back to that bf who gets drunk and knocks your teeth out. It's a sickness. If you want wow, wow isn't going anywhere. If TESO is like wow it will fail miserably because the #1 thing wow has going for it is the time people have invested.
    I see that different game and asking questions to them who has more knowledge of that game then me. I consider raid content is the content which u can do with your guild instanced/or non instanced boss fight. If you raided in WoW or Rift I think you will understand it. And please stop this WoW vs TESO nonsence. I just wanted to know if TESO is offering something like similar to WoW raiding content because it can be interesting for me
    Again, the TESO page tells you this stuff. I personally think you're here to passively-aggressively defend wow and not really seeking TESO info.
    It's not offering full coverage of interviews which I could missed and it's full of dev questions -_- And please link me the artice from the TESO official site where they're saying anything about raids in TESO. I couldn't find it.
    P.S. I'm not negative and i'm not bashing or doing vs game nonsence. Just interested and stop being negative

I see the point why they might do this but it will sucks switching between the channels to see your friends and guildmates. And nobody will charge you +25$ for server charge. Max sub type can be 15$ IMHO (If it will be sub based game)
    Which mega server games have you played? Modern ones do it for you, pretty much, automatically.
    In firefall, you are a 10 second load screen away from anyone.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Apparently the only server available will be a PvP one.

If this is true I will never buy the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    If this is true I will never buy the game.
    Doesn't necessarily mean you cannot turn off PvP...

But, yeah, I agree with the overall sentiment if they don't cater to pure PvE too. I've seen games decimated by unwilling PvP participation.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-04-18 at 05:15 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't necessarily mean you cannot turn off PvP...

But, yeah, I agree with the overall sentiment if they don't cater to pure PvE too. I've seen games decimated by unwilling PvP participation.
    If you can disable it that is fine, but I hate the idea of forced pvp.