"We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

A lot of them are pretty "same-y," though. I believe they said they want more customization in a later patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    A lot of them are pretty "same-y," though. I believe they said they want more customization in a later patch.
    Yeah, there is a dye system in the works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    How nice of them to wait until my birthday. :P
    Happy Birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post

Thanks, and yeah, it is a bit same-y. Luckily you can mix and match.

__

How is the quest dialogue and personality of the NPC's? I felt like in beta, like in the normal Elder Scrolls, that most of the quests seem to deal with betrayal, lies, deceit, and backstabbing.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

Alright ESO megathread, I require thy help! Which one of the three should be my adopted look? I just can't decide!
    Link to IMGUR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Alright ESO megathread, I require thy help! Which one of the three should be my adopted look? I just can't decide!
    Link to IMGUR!
    I like the top one the best. The exposed legs on the middle one makes the upper half look a bit too top heavy. The bottom is good too, but the top is my favorite.

And btw, awesome sword!

Deleted
    Patch 1.2.3 notes up (very big, so not going to link it here)

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of buffs for bows and Nightblades, and I am sure that will get a lot of attention, but…

They added the interior lighting detail!!!!!!! Woot!!!!

And here I am stuck at work. :-(

I was subbed and playing for a while, but can't seem to get back in. I dunno, something about the combat system couldn't hold me. Bows were just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Link to IMGUR!
    Middle one, I think. Bottom one would be ok if the skirt didn't look like a hessian sack.

How is the quest dialogue and personality of the NPC's? I felt like in beta, like in the normal Elder Scrolls, that most of the quests seem to deal with betrayal, lies, deceit, and backstabbing.
    Most if it is along those lines. A very, very common quest theme is having to make some life-or-death decision for an NPC. I guess they're meant to be all serious and dramatic, but I think it's overused. It starts to feel like the NPCs couldn't decide what to have for breakfast if left to their own devices.

Personality-wise, I found very few NPCs to be actually likeable. Most seem to fall into one of two categories: either smug bastard, or clueless idiot. I've only really seen the Aldmeri zones, for reference.

Voice acting is always hit and miss, but I think it's better here than in most MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Personality-wise, I found very few NPCs to be actually likeable. Most seem to fall into one of two categories: either smug bastard, or clueless idiot. I've only really seen the Aldmeri zones, for reference.

Voice acting is always hit and miss, but I think it's better here than in most MMOs.
    I can actually agree with this for the most part.
    In the Aldmeri Dominion zones you find a lot of stereotypes; like the "Elitist / Xenophobic" Altmer, or the hard-core Green Pact Bosmer.
    For the Khajiit you get plenty of shady ones, but not as often as I'd have imagined at first. Many of the Khajiit are quite humble and nice.

I find generally, though, that Elder Scroll Online feels very serious, and for once I find this actually nice. We got enough "silliness" in most other Fantasy-MMOs, so... not sure how to say this, but I guess it's a welcomed change to have a serious setting for once, even though (as 7seti mentioned) it's sometimes almost a bit over the top.
    Maybe they tried too hard?

Even so, at the bottom line, the setting, dialogues and stories are engaging and good enough (compared to other Fantasy MMOs).

Somehow the Elder Scrolls Online setting feels more "mature" than WoW (almost too goofy here and there) or Guild Wars 2 (which has, despite the dire story around Zhaitan and the Elder Dragons, a happy-rainbow feel to it).
    Not saying I dislike WoW or Guild Wars 2, by the way; I love those two MMOs, too!
    Just in comparsion, ESO feels more serious and mature.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Is this game any good yet? I actually really enjoyed playing my character (a bow wielding Nightblade) and got up to about level 46 or so. I stopped playing because of all the bugs while questing... I was doing every zone 100%, but after reaching Bangkorai I was never able to get the 100% quest and eventually just moved on and went to Coldharbor... It ate away at me though and I quickly lost interest in the game (I hate skipping stuff and bugs). Hell I was lucky to even get 100% in the zones prior to Bangkorai because it seemed like almost every other quest in every zone bugged in one way or another at some point.

--

If a lot of the bugs have been fixed, can anyone tell me what the endgame is like at the moment with regard to PvE? I am not a big PvPer in MMOs and the PvE scene didn't seem that well designed as far as my experience was concerned... But I quit within the first month so I haven't seen the new zone or any of that... Is there "raiding" gear from Craglorn or is the best gear still crafted?

Thanks
    I don't know if the bugs have been fixed. I literally tried playing for an entire month and legitimately could not play due to bugs. I contacted them and asked if they can give me any amount of game time that I can apply at a later date when all these bugs are addressed. They said, and I quote: "If you don't like our game, there is the unsubscribe button.". I really just wanted to play the game but after that response I got a fucking refund.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone have any pics of the new lighting effects? I really am curious if they look as amazing as they do in the previews. (And I won't be online for another 4 hours.)

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRavens View Post
    Does anyone have any pics of the new lighting effects? I really am curious if they look as amazing as they do in the previews. (And I won't be online for another 4 hours.)
    Afaik serevers are not up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Elder Scrolls Online on Facebook
    Maintenance Update for NA Megaserver: We are anticipating a couple more hours for today's maintenance, with the goal of having the server back up by 6 p.m. EDT. We'll provide another update as soon as the server is back online.

Deleted
    I don't expect the eu to be back till tommorow 12:00-14:00 either then. Shiiit, a well atleast I can play another game then. (or stay up late tonight hmm hmm)

Was about to link the preview they showed but lol, you probably saw them.

For those you haven't yet though (Edit: dang you mmo-c and you're lack of collapsable spoiler tags)
    http://cdn.vanillaforums.com/eso.van...nxyyh3i5ke.jpg
    http://cdn.vanillaforums.com/eso.van...byq1e59w0d.jpg

It's amazing what lighting can do for immersion.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

Sergel, I suggest you resize those images

10+ Year Old Account

Yay vr3 on my sorc! God I love this games visuals, im still immersed in them <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Was about to link the preview they showed but lol, you probably saw them.

For those you haven't yet though (Edit: dang you mmo-c and you're lack of collapsable spoiler tags)
    http://cdn.vanillaforums.com/eso.van...nxyyh3i5ke.jpg
    http://cdn.vanillaforums.com/eso.van...byq1e59w0d.jpg

It's amazing what lighting can do for immersion.
    I have seen these before. But thanks for thinking of it for me!

Anyway I went around Cyrodil and took some nice shots showing off the effects.

A-maze-ing. Someone at ESO needs to get a raise.

I have seen these before. But thanks for thinking of it for me!

Anyway I went around Cyrodil and took some nice shots showing off the effects.

A-maze-ing. Someone at ESO needs to get a raise.
    Should work on player models more imo. They just seem so out of place. The environment is good but then the models are... flat? Stone-y? Emotionless? I can't think of the word but they just seem blank, like a doll.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.