Quote Originally Posted by Seiz View Post
    Yeah the Alpha version is the review video I have been watching at first I really didn't like the way it sounded but the more I watch it and the other videos the more I look forward to it.

I'm wondering though if its going to be as demanding on your PC as a game such as Rift is!?
    They better be. I'm sick of devs that reduce the graphical quality of MMO's to cater to people with $100 crap boxes. Oh sure they do it because more people will probably sub. But really. It's 2012(almost 2013), not the year 2000. Computer components get cheaper and cheaper, you should have a decent PC by now.

But of course they can just make the game have loads of graphical options that cater to all. But that only works well when the game engine isn't complete crap.

Well I don't know if there is official word or not if this game is going to use a really good gpU engine or not?
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

10+ Year Old Account
    In relation to the above video this is from the games website

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Yeah the video I posted was just the alpha review both are very interesting.
    Just wondering how this will do , and mainly curious about how the raiding will be.
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

10+ Year Old Account
    The game really needs to take it's time. They need to step away from trying to please the eager forum masses with promises of raiding and PVP structure and make sure they're making a decent combat system first. Something adaptive, something smooth and seamless. Something that makes you smile when you do something amazing. They need to make sure it looks natural and effortless when you're moving around. They need to make sure weapon swings look like powerful strikes that the character put his raw strength into and not middle school theater rehearsal.

So so so many of these new MMOs come out and leave their audiences feeling like they've done it all before. I'm not asking them to recreate the genre, I'm asking them to make sure they've got a damn solid foundation based around solid, dependable gameplay before ANYTHING else. Before the promises of features, before the bosses are revealed, hell, before they're even done writing the dialogue. Make sure it's fun to PLAY, not just something you do because your friends said it's awesome and you're bored of <Insert current game addiction.>
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I also agree with this.

As much as I do belive the Elder Scrolls MMO will be great, one of the greatest strenghts of Elder Scrolls games was that you could mod them in so many ways. I doubt they'll let that go with an MMO.
    I pray like hell that they make some sort of sweepstakes or annual competition which allows modders to create a mod that the devs will consider including into their future patches (I'm talking mainly armors and weapons though, not gameplay), this not only allows developers to stretch a bit and see the community at work, but it allows the community to come together and share their enthusiasm about aspects of the game with the developer themselves.

Also, it allows for the most badass creations to be allowed into the game and for people to be recognized for their creativity.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2012-11-12 at 03:11 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Seiz View Post
    I look forward to the 6 button mash rotation, you have many more spells but like Vizzle said, only use 6 at a time.

I personally am hoping they do something really different than other mmo's like TOR, Rift, WOW has done, and make it a somewhat new age MMO-RPG, either way I am so excited I can't stop watching the you tube video's!

Going to spend majority of my time playing Skyrim til this gets out, just wish we had more of an exact date as to when its getting released, like 1st 2nd quarter of the year etc.
    My only hope is that they're able to smooth out the combat system. That's what's turned me away from every single MMO since ever. Nothing compares to the twitch responses that WoW allows with latency as well as how the animations go off (despite dated and terrible graphics). IF they can deal with that then I might consider looking into it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 06:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    The game really needs to take it's time. They need to step away from trying to please the eager forum masses with promises of raiding and PVP structure and make sure they're making a decent combat system first. Something adaptive, something smooth and seamless. Something that makes you smile when you do something amazing. They need to make sure it looks natural and effortless when you're moving around. They need to make sure weapon swings look like powerful strikes that the character put his raw strength into and not middle school theater rehearsal.

So so so many of these new MMOs come out and leave their audiences feeling like they've done it all before. I'm not asking them to recreate the genre, I'm asking them to make sure they've got a damn solid foundation based around solid, dependable gameplay before ANYTHING else. Before the promises of features, before the bosses are revealed, hell, before they're even done writing the dialogue. Make sure it's fun to PLAY, not just something you do because your friends said it's awesome and you're bored of <Insert current game addiction.>
    This. So much this. You said everything I wanted to and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I don't find value in the 3 faction separated zones. How is it a good idea to make content 2/3 of your playerbase won't have access to by default.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Don't expect it until early 2014 at the earliest imo.
    I'm with Vizzle on this one, they've repeatedly said they're aiming for 2013, but they've also said that the beta isn't starting until 2013 either... maybe I'm a cynic when it comes to MMO's, release dates and long betas but my gut is telling me a game of this size is probably going to get pushed a little. At the very earliest it's going to be the end of 2013 but if it has any delays at all, it'll be 2014.

I want to be excited that it will be the next MMO to do it right and improve on what WoW has, but after seeing Rift, SWToR and Guild Wars 2, I'm just going to assume that it will be as lacking as them. But if it does cover every aspect of the MMO experience well; with the same meaty quality and quantity of their single player games, I will jump in and frolic the fck out of it. I am really hoping that it is just like Skyrim with other people involved. I just hope they avoid letting the MMO factor dilute the game and keep it as meaty as Skyrim was.

I play WoW atm and it is good, but they are running out of new things to do. They are getting to the point where they talk about new minor features as major features, because they have such little ground left to explore and when they do find something new to put in, they feel like it's a big deal.

Deleted
    Loving the new trailer and super excited but a couple things (IMO) that they need to address.

> Improve animations (hoping its just an alpha thing atm).
    > First person combat.
    > Make it possible to go anywhere in Tamriel regardless of faction. They said it themselves the game is about exploration.
    > Dont make it so every class can be a warewolf/vampire. Yes I know it cool but will be silly if everyone is one.
    > Player/Guild Housing. TES isn't the same without it.
    > Crafting professions and even crafting classes.

I'm a little sad to see all the people already predicting ill-things for ESO. If they manage to pull off what they've said in the videos, I think it'll be an amazing MMO I'd happily pick up.

But I guess we gotta wait until we get some gameplay vids from Alpha or Betas.

Deleted
    I was one of the few who was looking forward to this. That is until the developers released that video. To me Elder Scrolls is all about the lore - just like WoW was when it was released - but after seeing that video I'm highly unimpressed. I cringed when they mentioned 'heroic dungeons'. To me it seems like just another WoW with different textures and a stupid casual shit playstyle. I was hoping for something that would stay true to the ES lore but instead it seems as if it's turning into what WoW became post BC - commercial crap trying too hard to appease everyone instead of the real gamers and ES fans.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shamanic View Post
    i'm with vizzle on this one, they've repeatedly said they're aiming for 2013, but they've also said that the beta isn't starting until 2013 either... Maybe i'm a cynic when it comes to mmo's, release dates and long betas but my gut is telling me a game of this size is probably going to get pushed a little. At the very earliest it's going to be the end of 2013 but if it has any delays at all, it'll be 2014.
    silence! <3

15+ Year Old Account
    I just hope they change the Argonian models to be more like the Skyrim models at least, or the concept art.

Looks an awful lot like the Trandoshans from Star Wars Galaxies:

And less like their beautiful concept art:

That said, I can't wait to explore Black Marsh... Argonian for Life!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    I just hope they change the Argonian models to be more like the Skyrim models at least, or the concept art.

Looks an awful lot like the Trandoshans from Star Wars Galaxies:

And less like their beautiful concept art:

That said, I can't wait to explore Black Marsh... Argonian for Life!
    Yeah I had the same reaction of major disappointment when I saw them. As much as I liked the Skyrim model though, the Oblivion args are by far my fav and I'd love to see them closer to that.

If they don't fix it and I somehow end up with the game then it's dark elf all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    This is a matter of taste. I never even considered picking up the race because it looks so unhuman in Skyrim. I can imagine Beth has more info on how popular the race in its Skyrim incarnation was.

Also I am a bit uneasy about the 3 part world split. Still think that BW made a big mistake making so much average content in SWTOR instead of smaller amount of higher quality content with more focus on polishing the whole game. With ESO they should have some experience how long it takes to create how much content based on the single player games, but it's not the same in MMO.
    Last edited by Repefe; 2012-11-13 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    The way they are grouping the races up is still absolutely abhorrent lore-rape though, can't get away from that.
    I think that really shows how good TES lore is, the fact that what this game will do to the lore is the most worrisome thing about it. Probably because I can choose to ignore the game if (when) it releases and is terrible, but the lore has much farther reaching consequences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    This is a matter of taste. I never even considered picking up the race because it looks so unhuman in Skyrim. I can imagine Beth has more info on how popular the race in its Skyrim incarnation was.
    That's the idea though...They're a beast race like the Khajiit. They've never looked human except maybe back in arena where they looked like blue orcs on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokor View Post
    That's the idea though...They're a beast race like the Khajiit. They've never looked human except maybe back in arena where they looked like blue orcs on steroids.
    But it's possible that the % of players who pick such race is just too low and so they are changing it. I have no date to back that up ofc