Deleted

Help working out % of course marks.

Hi honeybunches, happy Saturday night.

Here's the short version; I can't do maths at all and I need someone to check my work/tell me if I'm right.
    I'm approaching my finals for post grad and am trying to work out my total unit % marks so far based on coursework which I have already completed, to see how much I need to score on final exams to get my grades, here's the list;

Subject A: coursework worth 30% of overall mark - scored 72%

Subject B: coursework worth 25% of overall mark - scored 62%, second coursework worth 25% overall mark - scored 80%

Subject C: coursework worth 25% of overall mark - scored 68%, second coursework worth 25% overall mark - scored 82%

I am aiming for 60% or above in each subject, by my crappy calculations I have scored 25% overall so far for subject A, 35% overall for B, 37% overall for subject C.

Is that anywhere near right? It is playing on my mind a lot now knowing how much of the total units I have already accumulated. If none of this makes sense lemme know.
    Thanks in advance, love you long time x

Subject A : 30% overal ~ 72%
    so 0.3 * 72 = 21.6

Difference of what you have to what you want = 60 -21.6 = 38.4

38.4 divided by what % it's worth (70%)
    38.4 / 0.7 = ~55% on your finals to achieve a 60 average.

Repeat for B and C etc.

Deleted
    Soo on recalculation, I need these to gain a 60-

A: 55%
    B: 49%
    C: 46%

Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Soo on recalculation, I need these to gain a 60-

A: 55%
    B: 49%
    C: 46%

Is that correct?
    Yup, just as long as there isn't a requirement to at least get a 60 on the final itself (I have that, hence the mention).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Yup, just as long as there isn't a requirement to at least get a 60 on the final itself (I have that, hence the mention).
    No, thank fuck, our grade boundaries are really weird for post grad [58-68%, but you need a certain amount of credits which average to over 60-70% overall], so still aim for 60 minimum but you have a small % of freedom to slip if you need to. I could do better, but at this point I just want to know the lower boundaries for assurance.