/target friend macro for intervene

I need help making a macro for my warrior, I want to be able to spam the macro to where is casts defensive stance, targets a friendly target then casts intervene and maybe then target last target. can anyone help me?

Deleted
    target last target will most likely mess up the macro, since you'd have to spam it.

#showtooltip
    /cast [stance:berserker stance] defensive stance
    /cast [stanceffensive stance] defensive stance
    /cast [stance:defensive stance, target=NAMEOFFRIEND] intervene
    /targetlasttarget

I haven't made warrior macroes in a while, and I know for a fact it can be made more nicely, but this should work, unless I've forgotten how to do the [stance:xxx] properly. Tip and tricks, you can visit arenajunkies.com for useful macroes such as this. I'm in a rush, hence me not doing it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    target last target will most likely mess up the macro, since you'd have to spam it.

#showtooltip
    /cast [stance:berserker stance] defensive stance
    /cast [stanceffensive stance] defensive stance
    /cast [stance:defensive stance, target=NAMEOFFRIEND] intervene
    /targetlasttarget

I haven't made warrior macroes in a while, and I know for a fact it can be made more nicely, but this should work, unless I've forgotten how to do the [stance:xxx] properly. Tip and tricks, you can visit arenajunkies.com for useful macroes such as this. I'm in a rush, hence me not doing it for you.
    I want the macro to select a person at random, like lets say in a group of friends in AV with 40 people around

not sure how that would work, I don't know the exact wording for target=nearest ally/party/raid member
    Or you can go target=mouseover and its pretty simple

I'm pretty sure you don't need /targetlasttarget in there, it is my understanding that when you /cast [target=...] it doesn't actually change your target, it just casts the spell as if that was your target. You can also use stance numbers instead of the names I believe, though I don't know which ones are which.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1,2] Defensive Stance; [stance:3, @Mouseover] Intervene;

Quote Originally Posted by Tahirii View Post
    I'm pretty sure you don't need /targetlasttarget in there, it is my understanding that when you /cast [target=...] it doesn't actually change your target, it just casts the spell as if that was your target. You can also use stance numbers instead of the names I believe, though I don't know which ones are which.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1,2] Defensive Stance; [stance:3, @Mouseover] Intervene;
    1 is battle 2 is defensive, and 3 is Berserker. therefore it would look like this:

/cast [stance:1/3] Defensive Stance; [stance:2, @playername] Intervene

Fill playername with specific names, target, mouseover, etc

Here's one that might work for you, I find it very useful in rated bg's as an FC. It basically has three options in one button.

#showtooltip Intervene(Defensive Stance)
    /cast [stance:1/3]Defensive Stance
    /cast [nomodifier,target=mouseover,help][help]Intervene
    /cast [modifier:shift,target=focus]Intervene
    If your not holding shift it will intervene to a friendly target if you have your mouse over them, if you don't have a mouseover target then it will intervene to your current target like usual if they're a friendly. If you hold down shift it will intervene to your focus. You can also replace focus with a specific players name for arena or if your doing bg's with someone.

On a side note, when messing around with making macros I've found this website to be an AMAZING resource for testing out new macros and figuring out why they do or don't work without having to try them in game. http://www.macroexplain.com/
    Last edited by Finn mac cool; 2012-05-04 at 05:21 AM.

This macro is what you are looking for:

Code:
    #showtooltip Intervene
    /cast [form:2]Intervene;Defensive Stance
    /targetfriend [form:2,noraid]
    /targetlasttarget [raid]

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    This macro is what you are looking for:

Code:
    #showtooltip Intervene
    /cast [form:2]Intervene;Defensive Stance
    /targetfriend [form:2,noraid]
    /targetlasttarget [raid]
    i will give this a try, thank you all for helping me and aiding me in this.