View Poll Results: Would you prefer neutral races on here on out?

Voters
102. This poll is closed
  • More neutral races.

46 45.10%
  • One for both Horde and Alliance.

46 45.10%
  • Enough with races. I want a Hero Class.

30 29.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Would you rather have neutral playable races from here on out?

Title says it all. The neutral thingy on pandaren seems to work well, so I decided to ask your opinion about the neutral races. Would you prefer neutral races from here on out or continue the same method with TBC and Cata; 1 race for each faction.

I'll add the poll soon.

Deleted
    I'd prefer neutral races, for the simple reason that I don't have to play the other faction if that race looks better in my opinion in that case.

Deleted
    To be honest, i like the idea for Pandaren atm, its a change of pace from introducing 2 new playable races during an expansion, but it should not become overdone.
    I think it would get bland pretty quickly seeing the same races running on both sides of the fence (alliance and horde).

Besides, there are still soo many cool options for playable races out there already (still hoping for ogres for the Horde some day!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Neutral races are fine, but they shouldn't always be added. I still want some races like worgen goblin.

Maybe the next time they add races they should add three, one for each faction and one neutral one that can choose.

So something like ogres for Horde, Naga for Alliance, and Ethereals as neutrals.

Though I still wish they would allow sub-races. Dark iron dwarves, broken draenei, elven forsaken, fel orcs, etc.

They should turn all previous races nuetral too imo

Deleted
    Some just wouldn't make sense (Orcs, Humans).
    And some would make sense (Goblins, Undead, Blood Elves, Draenei).

honestly the concept of horde only, alliance only or neutral is dependent on the lore of warcraft.
    the initial races are fixed to a faction because of circumstance. that said....i believe that if any other races are to be added to the game they will have to be neutral unless blizzard wants to cram in some lost history of that race to justify their choice of faction. the pandaren were exclusive to the war thats why they can be neutral. imho the dranei should also be neutral but this when blizz decided to also bring in hte blood elves....who were raped by the scourge but joined a faction with the forsaken :/
    i didnt follow up on the lore at that point so idk wut reason there is for those choices of alliance and horde tho
    Peace, the number 1 reason for War.
    Fight on my minions
    /petattack

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraspotatius View Post
    Title says it all. The neutral thingy on pandaren seems to work well, so I decided to ask your opinion about the neutral races. Would you prefer neutral races from here on out or continue the same method with TBC and Cata; 1 race for each faction.

I'll add the poll soon.
    I think Neutral races is the best answer to preference now, simply because everyone has different tastes, but ultimately I think it should fit lore constraints for it to be Plausible.

and +5000 for Sir Daniel Fortesque! Medievil FTW
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2012-05-05 at 08:41 PM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Yeah, maybe some races should become neutral. But more neutral and faction specific races should also be added. This game has a lot of cool humanoid races, and the more variety, the better.

Next expansion I'd prefer two races instead of a neutral race and/or a class (Maybe TWO neutral races? So we have variety and choice). One class every two expansions is enough. I'd also like to see the 50 toons total without realm limit before there are 50 races :P

I dont think we need any more neutral, but it would be done. I still would love to see Ethereals as playable race. They could be neutral. They would also just join the alliance as a counter race to any Horde race.

Speaking of Horde races, I am still waiting for Ogres to join them as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing what an expac's potential could be if they didn't add a class or race. No starting zone to build, no new model to try and render armor on. Just an all out xpac on new innovative mini games and raid/bg content.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    For now I think the neutral race part will do, seeing a lot of people including myself would have liked something similar done to faction changing. Perhaps this is the good old Blizzard way of moving in that direction. To be honest I think more races from now on would be rather pointless even if lore suggests we could get more, maybe that´s just me though

Neutral: Drakonid

Horde: Ogres & Naga

Alliance: Furbolg & Valkry .. erm however you spell it those norsemen viking looking dudes.

And don't Naga can't happen because of mounts & pants

Races like Tauren already don't wear shoes whats one more step into pants?
    Or perhaps their tails would just have a clothing seath type deal.

and for mounts... Running Wild.... 'Slithering'

for flying mounts they just spiral their tails around in a circle, picture a snake curled in a circle and put it on a tree branch it morphs to the circumference of the branch slightly.. Now that branch is a mounts back.

Would help balance they pvp race choices since right now human is and will always be best. Would also make going Alliance more fun since we could finally have some good pve racials
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure. Having neutral races frees development time (only 1 zone instead of 2) to do other stuff, but seeing same races on both sides feels a little... odd to me. I guess I just haven't gotten used to it yet, but that comes with time, I think.

Neutral races also has the benefit of balanced racials, but it's not that big of an issue to me.

I'd rather have a neutral faction that does not make me participate in all the bs hate war. Hell let me join the KotEB and seek my own path :P.
    The whole idea of pandaren suddently developing some deep hatered for one another that makes them want to spill the guts of their friends and families, just because they choose a diffrent ballon is certainly not a great concept for storytelling either. So thats me not liking it from a story perspective and even though its pointless at this point, because I'm probably one of 10 people that remain to do so, but I still care about the story.

Gameplay wise it certainly is better, and in case of goblins it had made more sense. They were neutral for most part during the game and served as mercenaries for who ever paid the most. Same could be said for tauren, because the druids usually don't give a shit about garroshs war and mindless slaughter in ashenvale and they had some connections with the nightelves to begin with. And I certainly would like to be able to play a new race if I like their style (not applying this to pandaren though) w/o changing factions.

@the guy that still wants naga: Naga are probably the most devout old god followers ever, for over 10k years. Adding them as a playable race is putting blizzard lore rape on a whole new level. Also you don't seem to get the mount argument. Its not that part where they could have a racial ability that lets them use their body for fast transport, its that sitting on a mount in wow is an absolute static thing. Making a race that is excluded from 99% of the mounts is just downright idiotic and making them roll themselves roll up like their garden hose seems to be quite the odd solution to it. Their "tail-like extremeties" (sic?) start way below their hip and to make them sit on a mout w/o them towering on it like a war banner they'ed have to distort in some really weird ways.

Edit: Not voting in the poll because the options make no sense.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraspotatius View Post

I'll add the poll soon.
    Some races work as neutrals, others don't and there is an aesthetic value in having different races for diferent sides as well as value in being able to choose your looks regardlss of faction.

With the Pandaren, they look and feel like an Alliance race to me. Jis fascination with the Horde and the value of the Houjin philosphy isn't really explored in the game and a lot comes through as Alliance flavoured. Its thus weird...to me..to see Horde Pandaren. Other won't have that.

Some races would work as neutral....Goblins, Ethereals and so on.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2012-05-06 at 05:01 AM.

If it makes sense in terms of the lore, yes. Otherwise no.

I don't think it should be all neutral races from here on, but I do think that there should be more. Having the Pandarens be the only neutral race 'till WoW's end would be odd, I'd say atleast add 2 more of them.

I would prefer if they eventually would go back to the 1 for Ally 1 for Horde model though, enhances your faction pride greatly, but I think that we should have the neutral races at a stable number first.