Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does the Travelers Mount ( 3person + vendors) work in the account wide mounts and does anyone know if the pandas can use it also???

People who are angry about exclusivity being shared beyond their mains is mind boggling. It's YOU who put in the effort, whether on your epic warlock or scrub druid. YOU farmed the mounts, YOU slayed the dragons, YOU traveled the world.

Yes we will see a bit more rare mounts on toons that aren't in top tier purples, but that also means we'll see less of the Bronze Drake Syndrome effect where one mount that looks better than a racial flyer but is still easy to get is everywhere. I'd rather drown in Black Proto Drakes then see any more of that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradius125 View Post
    What about meta achieves? do you need to complete all components of a meta on the same toon to get credit for the meta or can you have multiple toons with different components and still have the requirements for the meta...

for example: having different toons with the holiday titles and getting the violet protodrake although none of the individual toons have the full meta.
    Yes, been wondering the same - got the meta on two characters so if I moved one character over to another account the characters there should be getting the flight speed besides mount with achievement wide when its up.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tekke375 View Post
    Does the Travelers Mount ( 3person + vendors) work in the account wide mounts and does anyone know if the pandas can use it also???
    Why wouldn't it? It's a mount, just like any other.

Anyway I double checked, and you can use the Tundra Traveler's, Sandstone, Chopper.

http://i.imgur.com/t3x0e.jpg

Also, just checked, my chars are all allies, so I made a horde premade on a different server, while mounts and pets are account bound, the allie specific mounts do not show up on the list on a horde, so that takes care of that question.
    Last edited by mmoc9a374e54bb; 2012-05-04 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scholozon View Post
    I highly doubt you'll be able to ride a mount which requires level 85 to acquire. Also, I bet they lock class restricted mounts to their appropriate class.
    Yeah, most definitely you wont be able to ride horde mounts as alliance (visa versa) or class specific mounts (warlock pally dk). Only makes sense, secondly you won't be able to ride a very fast mount at level 60 no matter what.. aside from account wide or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. So happy I don't have to grind Netherwing rep on my alts now.
    2. In regards to account-wide pets, that includes EVERY character on EVERY server, right? I have an old character on a different server that I never deleted because he's my only surviving toon with the Onyxia Whelpling. Will that pet go on my current main and alts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even thought we might not be able to use faction specific mounts, I wonder if they still count toward the 100+ mount achivements if they plan on adding more

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin Chargers on non-Paladins? Blasphemy!
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by scholozon View Post
    I highly doubt you'll be able to ride a mount which requires level 85 to acquire. Also, I bet they lock class restricted mounts to their appropriate class.
    They'd better. Or I'll scream "gay"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictrick View Post
    Yeah, most definitely you wont be able to ride horde mounts as alliance (visa versa) or class specific mounts (warlock pally dk). Only makes sense, secondly you won't be able to ride a very fast mount at level 60 no matter what.. aside from account wide or not.
    I don't know about locks since I don't have one on beta at the moment but as for the Death Knights Acherus Deathcharger and Winged Steed of The Ebon Blade both can be ridden by your other toons. I just checked and my shaman is able to ride my DK's Acherus Deathcharger.

Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant Commander Data View Post
    They'd better. Or I'll scream "gay"
    Yes, that is a completely appropriate and mature response.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

I think it is a great idea however they need to keep class specific mounts just for that class and not useable by any other class.

NO! Do not want Blizz! The Charger is an exclusive Paladin only Mount and it should stay that way!

This IS a game breaker for me.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's cool, Now get BOAs too do the same thing.

Deleted
    Slightly off-topic but on the subject of news:

a wave of beta invites has been sent, I'm an annual pass subscriber and just got the invite!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    NO! Do not want Blizz! The Charger is an exclusive Paladin only Mount and it should stay that way!

This IS a game breaker for me.

While to some extent I agree that it should stay a paladin only mount same with the warlock one, Blizz all but destroyed how exclusive and awesome it was when you finally got it. That was when Blizz took away the quest chain Paladins and Warlocks had to do to get their mounts. I mean all you have to do now is pay what 20g or something to a trainer now to learn it not at all like it was. Even the Death Knight still has to do some quests to get their Deathcharger, unless they changed that too which would not surprise me at all.

But really I can't see it as being game breaking..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2012-05-04 at 08:28 PM.

@Nathiest: They made the paladin/warlock/death knight mounts into spells, most likely to prevent non-class from using them. This is VERY EARLY beta of the system, wait before freaking out.

However, if it is indeed intentional, guess I have to go play a blood elf/tauren DK to 40.

Ya know, I worked hard to get my DK, lock & pally both up to 85. I did quests for mounts etc etc. if the other classes can use my mounts more power to them! It just shows that I put the time in to get the extra mounts instead of just hitting a vendor to buy them. My main will be sharing all her ach. mounts so it will all even out in the end.

Why the heck is anyone mad about this?

It doesn't break the game and no one is special b/c they have a mount.

I have earned a crap ton of mounts on my Prot war, I have mounts you cant get anymore, Like the first ZG raptor, the first refer a friend mount and so on, I have done the grind twice for Nether Drakes, Skyguard and wintersaber on 2 different toons and I am so happy I never need to do that again to use those mounts.

I swear people act like Blizz is going to be selling rare mounts at vendors, these mounts are mounts YOU have earned, so why shouldnt you use them on all your toons?

As far as the class mounts go, I am pretty sure that will not stay in launch, but man if it does I will be starting a lock alt and a DK alt

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been waiting to see this happen ever since the random hope I had while earning "What a Long Strange Trip" two years ago. The thought of having Violet Proto-Drake on all my toons, and 310 flying makes me happy! I'm also in a position where the benefits extend far beyond that, as my mage has mounts none of my other toons have (e.g., Raven Lord, Blue Proto-Drake, Blue Drake) and my druid (on a different server) was lucky enough to win the roll for the Black Drake (from an OS-3D PUG). Oh, and Spectral Tigers for all my toons (thanks to my hunter) = WIN!

To the Beta, at the moment (well last night anyway):
    The code is VERY buggy right now. It seems the available list starts copying with the first toon you login with, and tries to populate itself to each toon afterward. However, the copy to toon #2 doesn't go properly, and when logging in toon #3, only the mounts #2 had and maybe randoms from toon #1 (if that) copy onto toon #3. The "master list" that it should build isn't building properly, guessing the table is too sort to fill in all the entries (reasoning that if someone has 100 or more mounts, possibly they made the table on the Beta at the moment have like 99 slots or less?) The end result is, for example, mounts 100 through 135 (making up numbers here) don't get written to a table that has only 99 slots. It's only guesswork, based solely on my wife's experience and thoughts while seeing it unfold last night when she logged into the Beta - I never logged in, was just sitting there watching the chaos unfold on her screen and hearing her theorize as to wtf was happening.

As to class only mounts/Faction mounts:
    I am pretty sure anyone in Beta being able to use a class specific mount (e.g., Paladin warhorse) when NOT of that class (e.g., Warlock) is totally unintentional and probably a totally different bug within the mess I tried to describe above. The faction specific mount exclusions (e.g., a Black War Raptor can only be used by races = Undead, Tauren, Blood Elf, Orc, Troll, Pandaren_Horde) was most likely flubbed by a typo or left out for the sake of just seeing if the experiment would work. It will almost definitely be fleshed out before launch, given I'd feel awkward seeing a Draenei on a Black War Raptor - as much as an Alliance player would feel awkward seeing my Orc DK mounted on a Mechano-strider.

#FlightIsImportant