Need a Tycoon game before medical issues begin

I used to play tycoon games heavily before I got into MMOs - Rollercoaster was my favorite, but I also played Zoo and I believe a few others...but now I'm getting bored of MMOs and want to check out Tycoon games again. Due to current serious medical issues (cancer and chemotherapy) I want to have something to play on the long boring days but again, as a result of the medical, I have no cash to plonk onto Steam to grab anything right now.

Are there any good free Tycoon games out there that I can play without being connected to the internet? I will have to sit in a radiation chair for hours a day and although they said I could have a laptop, I can't have internet in that part of the hospital. In addition to free tycoon games, anyone know any 'free' tycoon games?

Thank you!

First one that springs to mind is OpenTTD, its an Open Source Adaption of Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
    openttd.org

But if you can afford abit of cash, grab some games from gog.com. They are usually 5-10 dollars and there are some good oldtime Tycoon games there like Rollercoaster Tycoon, Railroad Tycoon, Port Royale etc that are all DRM free and therefore dont require an internet connection.

And finally, get well

Transport Tycoon is still excellent game I play from time to time and the dude above told you how to get it. Now get it! Another good one would be Railroad Tycoon 2, excellent example of how sequel is done right and still looks gorgeous to this date even if it's aged.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    can't think of any free tycoon games. My best bet wuld be gog or else get something from your shelves wich you can install.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best wishes on a speedy recovery!

Deleted
    Sent you a PM with a few suggestions.
    Good luck with the treatment!

Thank you all, very much. Was not expecting such nice people haha :-) Cheers

Deleted
    Here you go.

With that list you can google wathever one sounds interesting to ya...I wish you a quick recovery.

Hope you get better soon, Good luck with the treatments.

Google open transport tycoon.

Simple enough

Alternatively, just search kongregate, or armorgames for some flash games :P

I would recommend Dwarf Fortress but then I remembered that you would neet internet so that you can look for guide.