Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollfree View Post
    All and all, I think they have good ideas coming and as far as im concerned, our main competitors (hybrid ranged dps' ele sham and boomkin) I think we are still going to come out better come launch. So anyone honestly complaining about the talent tree now, its not even finished. People just need to be patient. I swear everyone is crazy if they think we are gonna be like BC bad.
    For the love of god, we get it. I'm seriously getting tired of people just saying it's beta, and that it'll get better.

If no one tests anything or finds out a problem with the spec, then do you honestly expect Blizzard to catch it? They can only have so many people to test specs. The whole point of beta is to find bugs and to provide information to the developers regarding how a spec plays, so that they can improve it.

Yes, people tend to over-exaggerate when complaining about a spec's feel or spell usage, but without it then nothing would get changed and we would most likely still be stuck with the casted apparition approach.

[/rant]

On a side note: Does anyone else feel like mindbender is a really bad talent compared to the amount of damage that the SWD proc can provide, and compared to the extra damage archangel provides? I might understand if you would use it for a short burn on an add, but in that case why not take PI+Archangel and nuke it hard?

I'll be happy if they give us something new in our BASELINE rotation (don't force me to take a talent). Something like the T13*4 merge into our normal rotation would be fun (of course, power level reduced)

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Shadowfiend:

Make Shadowfiend a permanent pet with 25% reduced damage.

If they did this I wouldn't care if Blizz did anything else to the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    On a side note: Does anyone else feel like mindbender is a really bad talent compared to the amount of damage that the SWD proc can provide, and compared to the extra damage archangel provides? I might understand if you would use it for a short burn on an add, but in that case why not take PI+Archangel and nuke it hard?
    It's not bad actually. When taking it, you free up more time to Mind Flay due to less proccs to manage... Which in turns means a shorter CD on Mind Bender.
    Keep in mind that you probably have T13 2-set so your SW will hit for less later as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Awake709 View Post
    Glyph of Shadowfiend:

Ugh, I'd hate that, and so would most Priests. We're not Warlocks.

Deleted
    Glyph of Shadowfiend:

I like my Shadowfiend the way it is now; at least it allows me to still do damage when melee (dks/rogues) pop the magic immunity cooldowns while I use Dispersion if needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Shadowfiend:

You should really roll a warlock if that's what you want. The very last thing we need is to have to deal with pet management full time. And the damage reduction isn't nearly enough. Fiend isn't out 25% of the time.

I'm fine with where we are although I'd like to have a use for Mind Spike other than the situational one we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Why would we want our entire class to change? We play this because it's what we like vrs everything else. An expansion isn't a complete change to the entire game and every class. I don't see how you say void shift is the only new change for us. You obviously aren't paying attention to mechanic changes in general.

Vampiric Embrace = Healing CD now
    SW: P = Has initial dmg now
    DP = Not a full time dot, and has massive burst dmg with it.
    Shadow orbs = Complete redesign
    Void tendrils = new AOE CC
    Psyfiend = New fearing pet
    Mind bender = Massive burst dmg CD replacing shadowfiend
    Angelic Feather = Probably the best movement ability in the game
    Phantasm = Redesigned to make you untargetable by ranged attacks.
    From Darkness, Comes light = new talent that makes you be able to use SW: Death above 20%
    SW: D redesigned to only be able to be used multiple times below 20% does more dmg now too
    Archangel: redesigned to not need stacks, evangelism is gone.
    Spectral Guise: Stealth CD.
    Twist of Fate: new talent that gives you a buff for 15% more dmg after you attack a target below 20% health. Potential to be a massive DPS boost.
    Power Infusion: haste is our best stat, and now we can take this for a personal bloodlust like CD
    Divine Insight: talent that lets your mindflay refresh SW: Pain
    Cascade, Divine Star, and Halo are all new abilities.

seems like a lot more than you listed as for changes.
    Ya thanks for pointing this out, obviously the op hasn't been paying attention much. Also, it's beta things aren't done yet... hell my demo lock barely has a rotation yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    And correct me if i'm wrong but the only thing thats not counted as a DoT is mind spike and mind blast ye?
    Really liking the way shadow looks atm.
    And Shadow Word: Death.

Before the latest beta build I was really worried with how Shadow Priest was looking, as it seemed to just become a lot easier overall. The current build is awesome, but I hope they still give us more toys.

Deleted
    I really like playing SPriest now and even Holy has become much more fun somehow. If it stays like this / gets even better I am quite sure I will re-roll to Priest once MoP comes!

Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    (healing no longer drops shadowform)
    That's already been removed - renew and PoM only.

emopriest - NOW is the ONLY time they'll consider changes before the beta for the NEXT xpack...they're making that abundantly plain. Likely, the design staff during xpacks is, given what's being said, going to be a lot smaller.

Cham - Does mindbender work like that? (have you tested it, in other words)
    Last edited by Dawn Falcon; 2012-05-09 at 05:22 PM.

Imho warrior and priest got the short end of the stick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously, I've been watching the changes. I'm glad to see some of the recent ones, but overall I'm not real thrilled with the direction. I felt like in Cata, more like a warlock except worse dps, in MoP, that feeling has only gotten stronger. We'll see, but likely I will be switching mains.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

With the new implementation of shadow orbs and the changes to the lock classes, they're pretty different now. I certainly don't feel like an affliction lock with the procs and the way devouring plague is. If anything, it feels a tad closer to Ele shaman.

What, persistently low damage? Well, fair enough!

Yes the pvp gameplay of priest right now is not so good but with the changes in MoP I think they will improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Falcon View Post
    What, persistently low damage? Well, fair enough!
    Yeah well.... Now our Mind Blast works like ret paladins. It's like we're an abomination of the different classes now!

:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Yeah well.... Now our Mind Blast works like ret paladins. It's like we're an abomination of the different classes now!

:P
    But in the end, we get all the good stuff from those classes.

I never said abominations were bad things.

I always thought that patchwerk was cuddly :3

Deleted
    Abomination sounds bad though, lets say shadow priests will become gods instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Falcon View Post
    Cham - Does mindbender work like that? (have you tested it, in other words)
    Aye it does!

And I agree with the rest of you. I feel like a mix of an Affliction lock, some Elemental shaman thrown in and a bit of Ret paladin with reduced cd on MB and the Orb system. I love it, cause I still feel like a unique class after all, and I truly feel like a shadowpriest still!
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2012-05-11 at 04:17 PM.