Page 1 of 34
... LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Anders Behring Breivik, what is going on ?

Anders Behring Breivik, born 13 February 1979 is a Norwegian accused mass murderer,terrorist and the confessed perpetrator of the 2011 attacks in Norway. On 22 July 2011, Breivik bombed the government buildings in Oslo, which resulted in eight deaths. He then carried out a mass shooting at a camp of the Workers' Youth League of the Labour Party on the island of Utøya where he killed 69 people, mostly teenagers.

The criminal trial of Breivik began on 16 April 2012
    The trial is estimated to take 10 weeks with the fixing of the sentence to be received by Breivik no later than 20 July IF pleaded guilty.

I honestly can not believe they even give this person a trail. I read a newspaper today online where it said and i quote
    ' World famous Anders Breivik ' It just sickens me that he's getting all this attention, and the worst part is he enjoys it so much.
    Now my question is, all this media buzz and trails, is it to get money out of this subject ? Or viewers on TV ? It is obvious that this guy did what he did. Im not a person that sees conspiracy's or Complottheories in everything, but i just wonder why they're stretching this out so much ?

Im sorry for the bad english

15+ Year Old Account
    They are stretching it because it sells.

Also, you posted in the wrong section of the forums.

Deleted
    I am new to posting on MMO, my apologies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaroidsupercolor View Post
    Anders Behring Breivik, born 13 February 1979 is a Norwegian accused mass murderer,terrorist and the confessed perpetrator of the 2011 attacks in Norway. On 22 July 2011, Breivik bombed the government buildings in Oslo, which resulted in eight deaths. He then carried out a mass shooting at a camp of the Workers' Youth League of the Labour Party on the island of Utøya where he killed 69 people, mostly teenagers.

The criminal trial of Breivik began on 16 April 2012
    The trial is estimated to take 10 weeks with the fixing of the sentence to be received by Breivik no later than 20 July IF pleaded guilty.

I honestly can not believe they even give this person a trail. I read a newspaper today online where it said and i quote
    ' World famous Anders Breivik ' It just sickens me that he's getting all this attention, and the worst part is he enjoys it so much.
    Now my question is, all this media buzz and trails, is it to get money out of this subject ? Or viewers on TV ? It is obvious that this guy did what he did. Im not a person that sees conspiracy's or Complottheories in everything, but i just wonder why they're stretching this out so much ?

Im sorry for the bad english
    Its pretty easy.. IF it was possible to deny someone the oppurtunity of a trial there would be no order or structure in the world.
    Who would decide if a trial was necessary or not? Where is the line? Do we want a judge dread type of society? No thanks.

Working as intended i would say.

You must really be a fool if you believe that anything that goes on TV has another purpose other than shiting money all over the station's place (and not only). Breivik's crime is among some few that have been commited in modern history, and as such it is a great attention sticker. You watch live, commentary etc etc, they get more money for their advertisements. It's simple. There is nothing else to see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    They are stretching it because it sells.

Also, you posted in the wrong section of the forums.
    It sells? Who is making money?

Media jackals always enjoy events like that , what they want is ratings , and people unfortunately play right into their hands .....
    Disaster > "sensational" story > high ratings > more money from publicity ..... unfortunatly this is exactly how it goes for all TV networks .

Moved to off-topic forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    Media companies like newspapers, magazines etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    .. What? the media of course, what else?

Do you honestly think that newspapers etc just report on this because of their "duty", no... its all about the money, only the stories that people want to read are published, the more newspapers/viewers/visitors on their websites, the more cash they get, and thats all there is to it.

69 kills and no deaths? thats 3 1/2 times over the Wrecking ball chieve!

Warning: Please, do not make light of recent, grim occurrences with WoW jokes. It's not appropriate in discussing this subject and could easily be read as trolling.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-05-06 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Deleted
    Everyone deserves a trial, or the justice system falls apart.
    As to why it takes so long - it's a huge trial, with allot of people that has to speak. It's dealt with the same way as any other trial in Norway (apart from the extremely strict safety precautions), which means allot of witnesses.

The only thing I do not quite understand is why Breivik himself is given so much time to speak.

Deleted
    I am sorry for making you think im a fool. I know most of the time things shown on TV are purely for making money out of it.
    But trying to squeeze money out of a subject like this is, meh.

What if a crime commited and all evidence were changed so they pointed to you, you being the obvious perpetrator. Would you enjoy being sent to prison for life/executed? We know he's guility but be careful what you wish for.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Well, they're stretching it out so much because stuff like that just doesn't happen in their country. Compared to the US, their crime rate is much much lower and something like this is unfathomable to them. To them, this is like their own September 11th and that's not something that's in the newspaper one day and gone the next. No matter how heinous the crime is, everyone is due their time in court and it's everyone's right to hear why he did it.

If you actually read the transcripts from the court, he's not your typical sociopath that just picked up a gun and started killing people because he just felt like it. He had an agenda, he trained for years and even states he had to force himself to kill these kids and isn't glad that he did it, but he knew if people were going to pay attention to his manifesto, he needed to carry it out.

It's a mistake to call him crazy because he's completely sane and knows exactly what he did and why and is completely competent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    The only thing I do not quite understand is why Breivik himself is given so much time to speak.
    Because it's democracy.

Everyone is given their chance to talk their point to death, be it sensical or not, and then after that we make a ruling. It doesn't matter if you're talking about mass murder and one man wants to talk about Carrot Breeding, he has to be listened to providing it makes some weak ass link to the matter at hand. Therefore, Breivik can say alllll that he wants to.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovaz View Post
    Well, they're stretching it out so much because stuff like that just doesn't happen in their country. Compared to the US, their crime rate is much much lower and something like this is unfathomable to them. To them, this is like their own September 11th and that's something that's in the newspaper one day and gone the next. No matter how heinous the crime is, everyone is due their time in court and it's everyone's right to hear why he did it.

If you actually read the transcripts from the court, he's not your typical sociopath that just picked up a gun and started killing people because he just felt like it. He had an agenda, he trained for years and even states he had to force himself to kill these kids and isn't glad that he did it, but he knew if people were going to pay attention to his manifesto, he needed to carry it out.

It's a mistake to call him crazy because he's completely sane and knows exactly what he did and why and is completely competent.
    Well, it'd say 77 people being murdered like this is pretty unfathomable no matter where you go. Even in parts of the arab world, where terrorist attacks happen quite often now days, 77 people being murdered in the same day would cause chock.

Deleted
    The guy did what he felt was necessary, gotta give him props for that. Probably wasn't the best way to state a point though.

I think it's funny that people call him a terrorist, sure he's a mass murderer but he's not a terrorist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovaz View Post
    Well, they're stretching it out so much because stuff like that just doesn't happen in their country. Compared to the US, their crime rate is much much lower and something like this is unfathomable to them. To them, this is like their own September 11th and that's not something that's in the newspaper one day and gone the next. No matter how heinous the crime is, everyone is due their time in court and it's everyone's right to hear why he did it.

Someone who kills 69 people in cold blood and bombed the government buildings leading to another 8 people losing their life, is completely sane ?

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Because it's democracy.

Everyone is given their chance to talk their point to death, be it sensical or not, and then after that we make a ruling. It doesn't matter if you're talking about mass murder and one man wants to talk about Carrot Breeding, he has to be listened to providing it makes some weak ass link to the matter at hand. Therefore, Breivik can say alllll that he wants to.
    It should've been a closed session, however. No media. No chance for him to spout his bullshit. No chance for him to cause any more pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by Polaroidsupercolor View Post
    I am sorry for making you think im a fool. I know most of the time things shown on TV are purely for making money out of it.
    But trying to squeeze money out of a subject like this is, meh.
    It's not "meh", mate, it's completely unacceptable, completely unethical, at least pathetic (it is the only way, they can make money: advertising murders and nazists) and yes: It is not strange at all, that they have this playing 24/7. It's a "huge" for them topic (while every person in the world knows what should be done with him, and it is not being judged innocent), and they still keep it up? Why? Because everyone through their human nature gets different feeling while watching or hearing about it: others get sad, others get angry, others get revengeful etc. As such, you stick to hearing their commentary or live programme, they increase their numbers and can sell advertisement time for a bigger price. It's that simple. Everything revolves around money today in our modern society.