Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    How is that?
    His manifesto already stated that he will contact those that follow his beliefs through lawyers, visitors, and his access to media outlets.

He wanted to be arrested, so that he could be face of a movement. Think Malcolm X, Capone, Ghandi, MLK, Rosa Parks, Ai Weijei. Each of them was able to connect with others outside of prison through various means. Their imprisonments became a symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    http://majorityrights.com/weblog/com...ave_in_sweden/
    http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/938
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...muslims07.html

All does not seem well on the Western front, and that's only Sweden. When you have all rapes in Oslo being committed by Muslims for example, I think it's pretty clear that immigration/integration issues are abound and seem far from getting any better.
    Those articles are a bit exagerated. There is certainly a problem with integration in Sweden. But immigrants that live in predominantly swedish neighbourhoods adjust quite well to their new country and become productive citizens, I think that is what Bakis is trying to say. There is nothing wrong with the people(most of them) but when they end up living in areas with mostly immigrants and end up having much less day to day contact with natives they simply don't adjust to sociaty very well.

They get left on the sidewalk, less chance to achive good grades in school, less chance to get into good higher education, less chance of getting jobs. The immigrant kids I went to school with are really cool and well adjusted and got good jobs. But they also grew up with mostly swedish kids around them, if you go out to suburbs(the worst areas are in the outskirts) in the bigger cities it's completely different, more poor people, more people on welfare etc and more crime.

It's extremly hard to get an appartment in a decent neighbourhood now though, Stockholm esp but Gothenburg is not much better(no idea about Malmö), thats an area where city planners have failed horribly, it can take as long as 10-15 years to get a "first hand" rental contract in a nice neighbourhood in our Capital and they don't build enough new appartments.

If you got money you can buy your own appartment, thats really your only option unless you want to rent 2nd hand. For me thats the biggest problem we got in Sweden right now, young people got nowhere to live and the same goes for immigrant families, so they end up in the worst neighbourhoods, it's a vicious circle.

Some people say that they don't want to live with Swedes as neighbours but I've seen enough immigrant families moving into neighbourhoods where I've lived to say that there is plenty who does, parents will be parents and they realize that their kids will have a better upbringing and will therefor move to better areas.

I can willingly admit that most times I've seen people acting up out on town etc it has been immigrants but it's ignorant to say that it's because of their religious beliefs etc, it is, at least from my experience mostly because they come from areas that got much more serious social economic issues so that is what causes most problems.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-08-25 at 11:43 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    serial killers get movies and tv shows made about them, they are celebrities by the media

you don't kill celebrities

Quote Originally Posted by Mesovr View Post
    Thankfuly retards like you will never have opinions that are worth anything.
    And I find sorry for the sake of the humanity that retards like you get to dictate what is correct.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    The same way that humanity did for millenia: The Law of Averages.

I am not defending his point as executions are one step from a return to martial law. However, I personally believe that that Scandinavian principles of rehabilitation are somewhat weak in this situation. This is a man for whom rehabilitation is extremely unlikely, and his very imprisonment gives him an avenue to propagandize. Conversely, the Death Penalty would make him a martyr.

This is a somewhat unique situation for Norway, and there should be more limits on his media access than would normally be the case. He wanted to be tried. He wanted the attention. Imprisonment only furthers his motives if he is allowed to play on the position. He has made it clear that he intends to use the system to his benefit, and therefore I think that the system should made certain exceptions with the normal levels of liberties that they allow their in-mates. To me this is a special case where rehabilitation will not work for the individual, and it is in the best interest to take that into consideration when allowing him access to others.
    Depends on ones definition of weak. He wont get out ever again according most know-all commentators. Overall there is a risk of weakness in that sense that some "regular" murderers and other offenders might get out to quickly (depends on if one believe in rehabilitation as a concept or not).
    The key issue though is that are you or are you not okey with executing an innocent person?
    All the scandianvia countries as well as almost all of the democracies have said no, they are not.

To us it comes down to what do we value more. The life of an innocent compared to the quick demise of a bunch of gulity, who still pay for their crime in jail, sometimes/often even for life in prison.
    Personally I think it is a grotesque weakness when someone is considering the life of an innocent worth paying. It is sick.

You is not you as a person but generally speaking
    Last edited by Bakis; 2012-08-25 at 11:47 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    8 people killed and 209 injured by bomb in Oslo
    69 people killed on Utoeya island, of them 34 aged between 14 and 17
    33 injured on Utoeya
    Nearly 900 people affected by attacks
    21 years of prison is enough for this moron ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solitude View Post
    33 injured on Utoeya

I think that sadly you are the "moron" when you havent taken the time to read how the sentence plays out in his case.
    Im pretty sure it is explained in every news report if you just took the time to read them.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

33 injured on Utoeya
    If the courts decide 21 years isnt enough they can hold him indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Depends on ones definition of weak. He wont get out ever again according most know-all commentators. Overall there is a risk of weakness in that sense that some "regular" murderers and other offenders might get out to quickly (depends on if one believe in rehabilitation as a concept or not).
    The key issue though is that are you or are you not okey with executing an innocent person?
    All the scandianvia countries as well as almost all of the democracies have said no, they are not.

To us it comes down to what do we value more. The life of an innocent compared to the quick demise of a bunch of gulity, who still pay for their crime in jail, sometimes/often even for life in prison.
    Personally I think it is a grotesque weakness when someone are considering the life of an innocent worth paying. It is sick.

You is not you as a person but generally speaking
    You misunderstand my point. I admire the rehabilitation approach. It has the lowest occurrence of repeat offenders. This is opposed to the US where we joke that prison is where minor offenders learn to be violent offenders.

I'm just saying that this particular situation is one where the incarcerated can, and has stated intent, manipulate the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    To me this is a special case where rehabilitation will not work for the individual, and it is in the best interest to take that into consideration when allowing him access to others.
    I agree with that, I think a lot of people do. I think they need to seriously restrict his access to the internet for example. If he get to have free reign and sit on the computer all day communicating and sending letters/emails who knows what he can do, there might not be an organization behind him at this time(the norweigan court doubts it) but if he gets do communicate with the outside world without restrictions who knows what he can do with time.

I think the death penelty is retarded though and the relatives of the vics seems perfectly satisfied with the sentence he recieved. So thats all good.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    You're stupid or what? I'd say one bullet between the eyes costs far less than decades of food, water and anything else to keep up the Norwaysh living standards of criminal people.
    A bullet cost Norwegian Democracy...

All does not seem well on the Western front, and that's only Sweden. When you have all rapes in Oslo being committed by Muslims for example, I think it's pretty clear that immigration/integration issues are abound and seem far from getting any better.
    All sexual assaults as of 2011. Not all rapes, there is a big difference. Sexual assaults are a small % of all rape cases, and in most rape cases, the offender is either someone in your family or a close friend.

By following that logic, we clearly have family or friend issues.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    When you have all rapes in Oslo being committed by Muslims for example...
    I wonder where people come with those "facts"...it has been largely demonstrated by police statistics (and show in the norwegian press) that most rapes are done by norwegian men, and that alcohol have a large influence on it. F.ex., the "most wanted" sex offender now in Oslo/Norway (numerous attacks being linked to a single DNA profile) was described by victims as Caucasian with northern features.

He should've been shot instead of arrested and all of his propagande should've been burried so his actions wouldn't get any media attention 2 days later.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorondil View Post
    He should've been shot instead of arrested and all of his propagande should've been burried so his actions wouldn't get any media attention 2 days later.
    What a swell plan. And if he had associates, the secret would've died with him.

As an Australian watching Hordes of Islamic so called Assylum seekers get into Australia by Boat...

I am starting to agrree with Anders..

The Ruling Australian Labour Party is Pandering to the Refugees . The Labour Party is the same mob that Anders shot up..

Im starting to see Anders logic here.. Although the killing people side of things is not good
    Last edited by Blobfish; 2012-08-26 at 11:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You misunderstand the sentencing.

Here's how it will go:

1. In prison for 10 years.
    2. Case is reviewed - found to still be a danger and is sent back to prison for 11 more years.
    3. Case reviewed again - found still to be a danger and is sent back to prison for 5 more years.
    4. Repeat step 3 every 5 years until he shuffles off to hell.