Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Norn in a Human World

So one thing I was super excited about and pleased that ANET has allowed us to do as players is create a diffrent race but play in another races area.

Because truthfully The Human race especially as warriors are too small. I love the huge hulking Norn but I dislike the Norn area, It might sound wierd but I like a green lush area to explore. I live in Canada Snow is part of my daily life. Everyday I wake up get on my dog sled and travel 15 miles to the nearest convience store (not so convinient BTW) so I can get some fresh eggs, bacon and maple syrup. SO as you can Imagine the life of a Norn is pretty close to my real life. With the exception of hunting all year round. I can only hunt caraboo , deer, bears, beavers, moose and cats 11 months out of the year (damn you month of march)

So for me I enjoyed bringing my norn to divinitys reach and exploring that region while leveling. Unfortunatly its hard not to be noticed being a norn in human land kinda like when I go to boston. Everyone stairs and trys to get you to say "eh" and "aboot" except as a norn people assume im lost and must have accidently wondered through a asura portal or something... Not to meantion people think that maybe you might be interested in the garbage loot that dropped off a centaur or a rat "Wanna trade that Blue Sword for this nice piece of Centaur meat" (worth 5 copper pshh) We might be big and wear animal fur but were not dumb we know Blue items are better then carcus meat.

I tried going to Char land but Im allergic felines, so I just my lonesome self explored Human territory it was an adventure with some ups and downs but hey atleast it didnt smell like Boston
    Last edited by Hellspawnxxx; 2012-05-06 at 10:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that Arenanet gave us option for doing this. Only downside I can see is following personal story. You will be sent back to Norn leveling area.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't tell how much of this is RP and how much of this is serious. o.o

Did people really try to trade you worthless 5-copper junk for a blue-quality sword?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    im laughing my ass off at this, too funny. i enjoyed the dog sled part

but id have to say i like the shiver peaks alot more than kryta :| really interested in orr

(no im not trolling or flaming)

if its all true props to you, i cant do that im far too lazy (dun ban me plz)
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I can't tell how much of this is RP and how much of this is serious. o.o

Did people really try to trade you worthless 5-copper junk for a blue-quality sword?
    The Seerious side of my wants to say, No

But the RP side of me wants to say, Yes they did it hurts and for god sacks will people stop asking how the weather is up there, its the same as down there just leave it be...(Runs and sobs into his bear skin blanket)

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll admit... every Canadian I met I try to get to say "eh" and "aboot." I even insist that my fiance, who lived in MN for years, makes her "o's" sound long just to give her a hard time.

OT though: I agree with you OP. I LOVE the Norn race, but am not to excited about their starting area. I found once I hit 15 or so, I came back and did some of the heart quests and DEs back in Norn land. The human SZ is simply amazing. I love it!
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    i live in texas, we never get snow

i love the shiver peaks (the norn zones)

we're not so different, you and i
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    you hunt cats?

Personally I enjoyed the human start area the best too, mainly because I made many norns to test out the animations. Really looking forward to the sylvari start zone too. The choice to just wander around and experience each area in a very organic way is what I mostly enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post

i love the shiver peaks (the norn zones)

we're not so different, you and i
    Indeed we should hug.. but in a manly way that only real men can do.

On a side note if the Shiver Peaks is Canada and Kryta is America Does the Make the Charr area Mexico and if so is that why the Great Wall is there LoL

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 10:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    you hunt cats?

Personally I enjoyed the human start area the best too, mainly because I made many norns to test out the animations. Really looking forward to the sylvari start zone too. The choice to just wander around and experience each area in a very organic way is what I mostly enjoyed.

Of course we hunt cats how else do you think we make our finger coverings for gloves. Cat leg fur are a Purrrfect fitt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    Indeed we should hug.. but in a manly way that only real men can do.

On a side note if the Shiver Peaks is Canada and Kryta is America Does the Make the Charr area Mexico and if so is that why the Great Wall is there LoL

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 10:59 PM ----------

Of course we hunt cats how else do you think we make our finger coverings for gloves. Cat leg fur are a Purrrfect fitt
    the great wall was built by the ascalonians to keep the charr out

from what ive seen and what has been published by anet we can assume the ascalonians are "european" (the exodus to kryta) the krytans are americans (queen salma over throwing the white mantle is basically the american revolution), the charr are the romans, the norn are a mix of norse and american indians, the canthans are chinese, the luxons are ancient greeks (the clans are essentially the greek city states), the kurzicks are dutch, the culture in utopia is the aztecs, and orr is arabic (vizir khilbron shows evidence of this), elona is african with vabbi being most like india (which isnt in africa but w/e)
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-05-06 at 11:05 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    Cat leg fur are a Purrrfect fitt
    I see wut you did thurr.

10+ Year Old Account
    the great wall was built by the ascalonians to keep the charr out

from what ive seen and what has been published by anet we can assume the ascalonians are "european" (the exodus to kryta) the krytans are americans (queen salma over throwing the white mantle is basically the american revolution), the charr are the romans, the norn are a mix of norse and american indians, the canthans are chinese, the luxons are ancient greeks (the clans are essentially the greek city states), the kurzicks are dutch, the culture in utopia is the aztecs, and orr is arabic (vizir khilbron shows evidence of this), elona is african with vabbi being most like india (which isnt in africa but w/e)
    I got a distinct EGYPT feel from a majority of Elona (africa was huge in some parts but overall i kept thinking egypt). And are you sure that Kurzicks are dutch? I know their towns are pretty much all named in a german way, and a lot of their names are german too.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a distinct EGYPT feel from a majority of Elona (africa was huge in some parts but overall i kept thinking egypt). And are you sure that Kurzicks are dutch? I know their towns are pretty much all named in a german way, and a lot of their names are german too.
    dont care what kurzicks are, i hate them :|
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Because truthfully The Human race especially as warriors are too small.
    Nonsense. Especially false in a world permeated by magic. In fact, I'd rather they did away with the recent obsession with oversized, boring races.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Nonsense. Especially false in a world permeated by magic. In fact, I'd rather they did away with the recent obsession with oversized, boring races.
    Boom this, i personally love the lore and that of the norn, but i wish they were more then massive half giants... if only them and the charr swapped lore or something...
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

This thread.
    Too strong.

Deleted
    I got a distinct EGYPT feel from a majority of Elona (africa was huge in some parts but overall i kept thinking egypt).
    Well Egypt is an African country you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snow is a myth.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    Well Egypt is an African country you know.
    You see lol, this is why me and geography aren't friends xD

I'm just gonna walk away now and pretend nothing happened....

Boom this, i personally love the lore and that of the norn, but i wish they were more then massive half giants... if only them and the charr swapped lore or something...
    *spits*
    Our lore is our own, bear lover.