Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

[Music] 2012 Rock and roll hall of fame

so all in all a good show... thank gawd axl didn't show up... his ego would have been too big for the room... someone explain to me the hype behind Myles Kennedy (I think that's his name). He's terrible! But it seems there's some sort of movement about him being the best singer in rock right now.... what!?

He's got a very good vocal range and performs very well live. I think he writes horrible music, but he's at least vocally talented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    He's got a very good vocal range and performs very well live. I think he writes horrible music, but he's at least vocally talented.
    see i keep hear that, but all the stuff i have heard he sounds amateur, and i don't hear the range, it's all high and pitchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately I missed it, but I see that the Red Hot Chili Peppers were inducted. That's worth it by itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Unfortunately I missed it, but I see that the Red Hot Chili Peppers were inducted. That's worth it by itself.
    just watched it on hbo, and they are airing it again right away

Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    see i keep hear that, but all the stuff i have heard he sounds amateur, and i don't hear the range, it's all high and pitchy.

Last edited by kliffharry; 2012-05-07 at 01:02 AM.

the R&R HoF is a joke. Has been and will always be. That is why Axl wanted no part of it.

As for Myles Kennedy he is a decent singer but, there is only one GnR singer and that is Axl Rose.
    Last edited by Hedleyazg; 2012-05-07 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    He's classified as a Tenor, but he can sing in four octaves without straining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    snip]
    oh gawd! that first song is plain out annoying! he has that little whine to the end of some lines.. sounds like a pop singer. And the second was nothing special. I still don't get the appeal..sorry.

a side note, he has no growl... no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    the R&R HoF is a joke.
    Then Axl would have felt at home there, the current GnR is just a touring circus.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Then Axl would have felt at home there, the current GnR is just a touring circus.
    The current GnR touring is decent. It is obviously not the same as it was in the past but, there will never be a reunion. Also, at least there aren't two versions of Guns N Roses out touring like there are for some other bands.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will take the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame seriously when they revoke Madonna and ABBA's inductions and have a whole fucking ceremony just for Rush.

---------- Post added 2012-05-07 at 07:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    He's classified as a Tenor, but he can sing in four octaves without straining.
    He used to, he can't sing that high anymore, no one can. Geddy Lee used to sing at least an octave above what Robert Plant was capable of, but neither can sing like that anymore. Most singers lose their chops when they get into their 40's. Then again, I blame smoking on Geddy Lee's inability to wail like he used to.

It's hard to appreciate a singing voice that is both unimpressive in the first place and overwhelmed by uninspired songwriting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I will take the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame seriously when they revoke Madonna and ABBA's inductions and have a whole fucking ceremony just for Rush.
    There is a whole lot more than that they'd have to do to get me to take them seriously. Far more people in there that shouldn't be than just Madonna and Abba..