Deleted

Getting New Monitor ...

Hi folks!

I'm looking for a new monitor ... mainly for gaming (WoW, SWTOR, D3, Witcher2, Dragon Age ...............)
    Sometimes I also play shooters ...

Well, let's get to the point ... a local shop is offering the LG Flatron E2351VR for just 100€ ... i know that it isn't the newest monitor, but is it any good or what would you recommend me?

Thx
    TheCrusader

Deleted
    It's full hd and has both dvi and hdmi connectors so it ought to serve well enough in gaming use considering the low price. Really depends on your standards for monitors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykus View Post
    It's full hd and has both dvi and hdmi connectors so it ought to serve well enough in gaming use considering the low price. Really depends on your standards for monitors.
    as far i'm using a BenQ G2400WD ... the things that annoy me with this monitor:
    - it has heavy ghosting
    - picture seems to stutter even when i have 60+ fps (vsync on or off) ...
    - it's 16:10 and so i cannot use the same resolution with my TV which makes coming from the couch quite uncomfortable ... always have to switch resolution of the game before switching it to the other screen

i usually thought that i might go for a 120 Hz monitor, TN panel, about 22-24", 16:9 ... but as i thought that special offer i though of maybe getting that one since it is cheap ...
    well i know that cheap =! good ... and since i didn't find any tests of that device quickly i tried asking here ^^

also what is strange ... on the vendor site it says 2ms g2g ... on another local site where i like to compare prizes it says 5ms ...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    as far i'm using a BenQ G2400WD ... the things that annoy me with this monitor:
    - it has heavy ghosting
    - picture seems to stutter even when i have 60+ fps (vsync on or off) ...
    - it's 16:10 and so i cannot use the same resolution with my TV which makes coming from the couch quite uncomfortable ... always have to switch resolution of the game before switching it to the other screen

i usually thought that i might go for a 120 Hz monitor, TN panel, about 22-24", 16:9 ... but as i thought that special offer i though of maybe getting that one since it is cheap ...
    well i know that cheap =! good ... and since i didn't find any tests of that device quickly i tried asking here ^^

also what is strange ... on the vendor site it says 2ms g2g ... on another local site where i like to compare prizes it says 5ms ...
    I just switched from a rather cheap $200 LG 23” LED I had to buy because my previous monitor before that burned out unexpectedly. I bought the BenQ XL2420TX and I can say that I am extremely happy with it after a couple of days of use. It is a 120hz monitor and quite expensive, but looking at it side by side with my LG is a huge difference.

Dell U3011

No further options required