Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Diablo 3 expansion new class - The Night Warlock

NIGHT WARLOCK

Night Worlack use besically fire skills but he can also turn intro a nightmare form. He use a fire energy to cast hes spells and a black magic on nightmare form.

Skills:
    [I don`t give u all of hes skills. There is my vision, what skills will (The Night) Warlock use.]

Fire energy Skills:

The Burning Sky - Burning wands falling down (AoE)
    Fire Wand - Casting burning wand on the single target
    Fire Wall - Fire Wall
    Fire Bolt - Fire Bolt

Nightmare form skills:

Plague Breath - Plague Breath on the single target
    Moving in The Shadows - He can run fast and the player is on shadow form like shadow priest in WoW, but that shadow form dissabears when the player is moving as usual.

Thats all skills by me. Blizzard is smart enought to made rest of skills.

Backround story: (I am still working on the story, but that is main story.)

He is turn out of hes homeland and hunted as a witch who use black magic.
    Lost and alone in the wild forest he start reciprocate hes skills to become a powerfull worlack.
    Now he is ready to face with the evil.
    Last edited by mmoc24665d4db5; 2012-05-05 at 11:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Adria was a witch and lived among the villagers of Tristram I'm not entirely sure if that's plausible. I don't think Witches are shunt as much in Sanctuary as in medieval European times. Furthermore the concept by itself isn't that great. Basically Fire skills doesn't really cut it when a lot of mobs will have very high fire resistence, and then relying on nightmare form to kill them seems weird.

What I would like to see in an expansion is a Demonic Shapeshifter of sorts.

Deleted
    Blizzard says, that there is comming more then 1 expansion, so I also hope to see shaman and maybe the priest.
    Please no old characters like a paladin or a mage.

I wouldn't mind a caster delving into demon magic.

In the interests of balance it is likely that any new class will be melee, as we have 2 melee classes and 3 ranged classes currently.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    if Paladin isn't one of the new classes in the first expansion I won't be buying it ofc if it turns out friggin gay(like the wow paladin) I won't be buying it either ... gimme diablo2 style paladin please

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously doubt we will see the Paladin return, simply because the Monk has a very similar role.

Deleted
    An Inquisitor class would be cool. Paladin style, but much more agressive and brutal. Plate user, hybrid meele/caster with holy fire magic.

the games not even out yet and your talking about xpacs for it?

Also, Quakefan, the "mage" is already in the game and as for a paladin, we have the monk (almost same thing, just no plate armor)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FireLord View Post
    Plate user
    While there most likely are items designed for the use of certain classes, just like there were in D2 (items which give +X class skills and such), there are no "plate users" or "leather users" in Diablo.

It used to be in D2 that if you had enough strength, you could use the item. Since we apparently have no str requirements in D3 now, I guess anyone can use any armor they want.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-05-03 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    While there most likely are items designed for the use of certain classes, just like there were in D2 (items which give +X class skills and such), there are no "plate users" or "leather users" in Diablo.

If you've got enough strength, you can use the item.

Now having said that, since we can't raise our stats manually anymore, I'm not sure if each class will be able to wear items with a really high strength requirement.
    in fact you are wrong. There are several items that state you have to be that class to use it, and if you had played the beta (if not there was an open beta weekend) you would know that.

EDIT: Just an example from the website http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/#filter=wizard (show items that can and can not be used by the wizard)
    Last edited by kukui; 2012-05-03 at 01:10 PM.

We've gone through half a page and there's been no grammar nazis what a freak occurence.

OT: I personally have no idea what kind of classes we're going to get, but, knowing Blizzard they'll be awesome.

I would personally bet on them re-releasing the necro and one brand new class, likely another melee of some sort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I seriously doubt we will see the Paladin return, simply because the Monk has a very similar role.
    Agree, i the monk is very similar to the Paladin.
    Last edited by mmoc735fc07483; 2012-05-07 at 05:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kukui View Post
    in fact you are wrong. There are several items that state you have to be that class to use it, and if you had played the beta (if not there was an open beta weekend) you would know that.
    I was on the beta, and if you were omniscient you would know that. It must have been in the options judging by your indignant rage, but I missed the switch that allowed me to get all the drops available in the beta.

Not a single item did drop for me on the beta that had anything near resembling a required class on it. There were types of items, such as orbs, which obviously not every class can use, but there were no "requires class: barbarian" items.

Quote Originally Posted by kukui View Post
    EDIT: Just an example from the website http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/#filter=wizard (show items that can and can not be used by the wizard)
    First of all, if you follow that link of yours, then choose helmets for example, there are no helmets there which state "this item requires you to be wizard". In fact, it shows Immortal King as set for wizard. Sure, it could have been changed to be a wizard set but I highly doubt that. Second of all, there were class-specific weapons already in D2; that however doesn't mean Diablo is the kind of a game where class X can use plate armor and class Y can't. Lastly, the official item database is utterly unfinished, so no point linking to that.

Do show me a screenshot of for example a plate chest item stating it's for barbarian use only. Thanks.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-05-03 at 03:41 PM.

Give us Mesmer xD all the pink lovers from WoW paladin population will come here

Gawd, fail class is fail. No pink crap in Diablo please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    If you've got enough strength, you can use the item.
    There are no STR requirements for items in D3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wekapedia View Post
    There are no STR requirements for items in D3.
    Well, then there should be no problem for anyone using any item they like.

15+ Year Old Account
    what about a druid? a rogue would also be possible, although a rogue would have similarities with a monk (just without the holy stuff) and a demon hunter (just as melee, not range)

storywise, a druid would fit somehow, I'm pretty certain, while the rogue could be put in as the ruthless hitman. all classes for now have some more or less personal stories and reasons why they fight the evil - a rogue / assassin could work as the hitman that is doing the stuff only for the money. shouldn't be the big deal really.
    Last edited by xebtria; 2012-05-03 at 01:31 PM.