Page 1 of 74
... LastLast

400,000 subscribers lost last quarter.

EA earnings came out about 10 minutes ago. (I am an analyst, therefore have CNBC on all day) EA reports 400,000 subscribers lost last quarter.

There was a debate about this for the longest time. Looks like it is over. I figured as much, as when you have only 5 or 6 people on a planet - it isn't a good sign. I loved this game, for about 10 hours, and then it was "blah".

It will be free soon, and a bad memory soon after that is my guess.

This isn't as big as you make. How is the game over from this? 1.3 million is still pretty strong. Acting like the game is dead from this is idiotic.

1.3 is going to be out within the first quarter which ends June. The server merges/transfers are probably the single most important thing I've seen to keep people playing. Too many low pop servers. This will also add the group finder which will also help keep casuals playing.

People complained about no rated warzones, BUT the server merges/transfers HAVE to happen first. Otherwise you'd be looking at split and long queues.

Honestly saying it will be free soon is ridiculous.

I wouldnt feed it tbh...
    Pretty obvious after it was announced some people will go out there way to make a new account on mmo-c to bash it.

This game TOTALLY killed WoW...................

1.3 may still be a lot for an MMO but a roughly 20% drop in subs is NOT a good sign for the future of the game considering the game is less than a year old.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    This isn't as big as you make. How is the game over from this? 1.3 million is still pretty strong. Acting like the game is dead from this is idiotic.

1.3 is going to be out within the first quarter which ends June. The server merges/transfers are probably the single most important thing I've seen to keep people playing. Too many low pop servers. This will also add the group finder which will also help keep casuals playing.

People complained about no rated warzones, BUT the server merges/transfers HAVE to happen first. Otherwise you'd be looking at split and long queues.

Honestly saying it will be free soon is ridiculous.
    So if WoW looses subs then it's dead, but if Swtor does then it's alive and doing well.... Mmmkay.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    This game TOTALLY killed WoW...................

1.3 may still be a lot for an MMO but a roughly 20% drop in subs is NOT a good sign for the future of the game considering the game is less than a year old.

heh

If everyone expected a big drop from release and 20% is below what many expected.

*Yawn*

My free month for re-subbing for 1.2 hasn't even kicked in yet. I have until July to decide

The sky aint falling.

Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post

1.3 is going to be out within the first quarter which ends June.
    Actually First Quarter of the year was the end of April, you know how if something is a Quarter there has to be 4 more of them. Nice try though kid.

Keep things civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-05-08 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    So if WoW looses subs then it's dead, but if Swtor does then it's alive and doing well.... Mmmkay.
    When did he ever reference WoW subs lost ?

I really don't understand the whole vendetta people have to get people to think that a game is a failure. If it fails it is a bad thing, I played SWTOR since release and it is a good game, but just like any MMO it needs work but changes are coming and once ironed out I think it will be successful and granted they do need to happen sooner than later.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    When did he ever reference WoW subs lost ?

I really don't understand the whole vendetta people have to get people to think that a game is a failure. If it fails it is a bad thing, I played SWTOR since release and it is a good game, but just like any MMO it needs work but changes are coming and once ironed out I think it will be successful and granted they do need to happen sooner than later.
    True he didn't. However I just find it funny that if WoW looses subs people will in general start going "Derp the game is dead", and if SWTOR looses subs, people goes "It's all good, nothing to see here"... I just find it interesting, that's all.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The question is how many subs will their be during Q2 because people should have expected the lose of subs.

Most important thing is around which number of people the game will achieve a stable number of active players because only then will Bioware be capable of adjusting the game.

Bioware first needs to stabilise the number of subs and then if they see a chance try to get back the players that left after playing 2 months. The people that left the game after their first 30 days are a lost cause.

Also this won't break Bioware or EA, as long as SWTOR has enough subs to become profitable then everybody is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    True he didn't. However I just find it funny that if WoW looses subs people will in general start going "Derp the game is dead", and if SWTOR looses subs, people goes "It's all good, nothing to see here"... I just find it interesting, that's all.

The wow is dead post are made by people that don't play WoW.....

They are made by people that play Rift or SWTOR.
    Last edited by ati87; 2012-05-07 at 09:51 PM. Reason: responding

Quote Originally Posted by BloodchargedWoW View Post
    Actually First Quarter of the year was the end of April, you know how if something is a Quarter there has to be 4 more of them. Nice try though kid.
    Actually if there is a quarter and one of the quarter has already happened, there are 3 more, not 4. Because 3+1 = 4. 4+1 would actually equal 5 not 4 and that wouldn't be a quarter because it would have 5 parts. Furthermore, he didn't say that the quarter just came out. He said EA earning for the last quarter just came out. I believe there may be a difference. Nice try though right?

Math/calendar fail. End of the quarter was 31st March.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Actually if there is a quarter and one of the quarter has already happened, there are 3 more, not 4. Because 3+1 = 4. 4+1 would actually equal 5 not 4 and that wouldn't be a quarter because it would have 5 parts. Furthermore, he didn't say that the quarter just came out. He said EA earning for the last quarter just came out. I believe there may be a difference. Nice try though right?
    Meant 3 more, but yes he did state FIRST quarter which you said he didn't...nice try though right?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork71 View Post
    (I am an analyst, therefore have CNBC on all day)
    This was immediately where I realized this was a Scandinavian creature of horror...then I saw the post count and my theory was reaffirmed. Oh well, time to log on and fully enjoy my dying game. (Lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    As Astro from the Jetsons would say, "RUT ROW!"

Please post constructively. -Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-05-13 at 12:10 AM.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Meant 3 more, but yes he did state FIRST quarter which you said he didn't...nice try though right?
    He was perfectly correct. Financial year runs from April 1st to March 31st, hence when he said '1.3 is out first quarter of the [financial] year' he is right, because the first quarter runs from April 1st to June 30th. Congratulations, you flamed someone who was perfectly correct and over something so pointless.

Love when people get all indignant like you just did and end up being wrong. EA's fiscal year ends at the end of march, Q1 of EA's fiscal year is April, May and June.
    http://investor.ea.com/releases.cfm?...sType=Earnings

Read the dates on any of the quarterly reports, the more you know the less you look like just another internet tool.

quarter is 3 months

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Math/calendar fail. End of the quarter was 31st March.
    not the fiscal quarter, wich was the 4th btw.
    now starts the first, we already discussed this on another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.