Poll: Which order will you join?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    That's some rather uncalled for hostility.
    Pretty standard for Kelesti, I've learned to just ignore.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    That's a pretty full-of-yourself statement. The Order of Whispers may have existed that long, but your character hasn't, just like the Freemasons being around as long as they have still doesn't mean their draw is for everyone IRL. I played Prophecies at release, and Whispers still doesn't make sense for either my character then OR my character now.
    Um, the post I quoted was about how GW1 players might have an affinity to the Order of Whispers because it was around during GW1, while the other two were not formed until much later. Which makes perfect sense, not sure where you're pulling "full-of-yourself statement" from. Honestly I'm just confused now, did you not read anything and just jump in to the conversation randomly or what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Nightfall retconned the main stories of the previous 2 campaigns to not be interesting but AMG ALL A BIG CONSPIRACY PLOT BY DIS BAD GUY GOD! and many side quests/lore that "built upon" what we knew from the previous campaigns to the point of me going "wtf why..." But yeah people won't agree with me, particularly the ones that didn't play Prophecies at release, and my judgement is probably a bit biased since Nightfall generally disgusted me due to many other factors. Whatever... not worth discussing here... we'll chalk it up to: I hate Nightfall like people on these forums hate Cataclysm.

I agree that it would make the most sense for people who played GW1 to pick Order of Whispers since it's, well, the only one of the three that actually existed during that time.
    I personally felt that strengthened the story to be honest... It also kind helps explain why SINKING YOUR ENTIRE FUCKING CITY was a good way to stop the charr -_-'
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Also, didn't Order of Whispers have nothing to do with the Elder Dragons back then? Technically, it's because of them that the Durmand Priory is an order in it's own right, too. :P
    Truth!
    Pretty standard for Kelesti, I've learned to just ignore.
    Love you too, Drake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Um, the post I quoted was about how GW1 players might have an affinity to the Order of Whispers because it was around during GW1, while the other two were not formed until much later. Which makes perfect sense, not sure where you're pulling "full-of-yourself statement" from. Honestly I'm just confused now, did you not read anything and just jump in to the conversation randomly or what.
    Forgive me, partially, for confusing Durzlla's post with yours (There are way too many friggen "Dr" names here, looking at you too Drake). But still, it's a pretty bold statement to make for either of you to say that simply because it existed before that we're drawn to it, "at least if you played Prophecies at launch" (which is where I found that to be a little presumptious).

I can see the idea that maybe people who played at Launch could look to the Priory to find a tech from hopefully not millennia back but maybe GW1 time, to push them back... I also see people that fell into step directly with wanting to back to Ascalon to finish the story (instead of Ring of Fire, Stone Summit, Fissure, Underworld) and those people that would take the Charr head on fit perfectly with the Ebon Vanguard under Gwen... who would fit perfectly with the Vigil.

Even among "prophecies at launch", even if it was the same character you had then that you do now (why? I dunno), there's no natural affinity to one over the other.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't be joining the Vigil, you see how well making a giant army worked out for Shepard in Mass Effect 3...

I'll probably be going with the Priory. The Dragonborn did that with the past Warriors that defeated Alduin, which led to victory.

10+ Year Old Account
    (There are way too many friggen "Dr" names here, looking at you too Drake)
    It pisses me off too!

But at least mine is the one with a W. ^_^
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I personally felt that strengthened the story to be honest... It also kind helps explain why SINKING YOUR ENTIRE FUCKING CITY was a good way to stop the charr -_-'
    Factions was subpar, so retconning Shiro's demise, I was apathetic at best, but I definitely agree with you on the fall of Orr.

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 01:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    I won't be joining the Vigil, you see how well making a giant army worked out for Shepard in Mass Effect 3...

I'll probably be going with the Priory. The Dragonborn did that with the past Warriors that defeated Alduin, which led to victory.
    Completely off topic, but I only just now remembered where I heard Logan's voice before. ........damnit Snow!

The kind of people reading and responding to this thread are more likely to enjoy analyzing and discussing games before they come out. That might suggest that they are knowledge seekers themselves...and might suggest they will favor the Priory for their characters.

In contrast, the kind of people who find it tedious to discuss and analyze games before they come out might prefer action over theorycrafting...and that might suggest they would shoot first and ask questions later, siding toward Vigil.

Interesting to see what people actually choose in live vs. how this poll comes out.

Btw, is it obvious what I chose? Yep, Priory.

Deleted
    OoW goes better with the story I gave my character.

Forgive me, partially, for confusing Durzlla's post with yours (There are way too many friggen "Dr" names here, looking at you too Drake). But still, it's a pretty bold statement to make for either of you to say that simply because it existed before that we're drawn to it, "at least if you played Prophecies at launch" (which is where I found that to be a little presumptious).

I can see the idea that maybe people who played at Launch could look to the Priory to find a tech from hopefully not millennia back but maybe GW1 time, to push them back... I also see people that fell into step directly with wanting to back to Ascalon to finish the story (instead of Ring of Fire, Stone Summit, Fissure, Underworld) and those people that would take the Charr head on fit perfectly with the Ebon Vanguard under Gwen... who would fit perfectly with the Vigil.

Even among "prophecies at launch", even if it was the same character you had then that you do now (why? I dunno), there's no natural affinity to one over the other.
    I was just saying (or, was agreeing with what I think Durz was saying) that if someone didn't have a clue what to pick and they played GW1 they may recognize the name "Order of Whispers" and pick based solely on that. Neither of us were suggesting that was a good way to pick, or that it even made sense for that matter. I think it started when someone mentioned Durmand as the one that would draw in GW1 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    The kind of people reading and responding to this thread are more likely to enjoy analyzing and discussing games before they come out. That might suggest that they are knowledge seekers themselves...and might suggest they will favor the Priory for their characters.

In contrast, the kind of people who find it tedious to discuss and analyze games before they come out might prefer action over theorycrafting...and that might suggest they would shoot first and ask questions later, siding toward Vigil.

Interesting to see what people actually choose in live vs. how this poll comes out.

Btw, is it obvious what I chose? Yep, Priory.
    Heh I like that analysis. Funny part is if I had to rank them I'd go Vigil > Durmand > Whispers in level of interest from the knowledge we have now. BUT I'm going with Whispers purely because it fits my main's story/personality best.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-05-08 at 07:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went with Order of Whispers because it just seems logical to me that they can't be destroyed the way the Vigil thinks. It may be, of course, that the Prioriy may be able to find how to put them to sleep.

I went with Order of Whispers because it just seems logical to me that they can't be destroyed the way the Vigil thinks. It may be, of course, that the Prioriy may be able to find how to put them to sleep.
    Doesn't stop them from trying. Plus, the Vigil isn't against looking for lost artifacts to push forward their cause (Ghosts of Ascalon), so long as the primary goal is "What can we use to stop them" over "hey, this book may have nothing to do with the dragons but still... KNOWLEDGEGASM". They may prefer action, but they're not a bunch of meat-heads that think Zhaitan's going to fall to a few sticks and twigs.

I miss my Ele, she'd be a perfect fit (but she'd also be completely broken at seeing just what the hell the Foefire did to Ascalon).

10+ Year Old Account
    no idea how nightfall was lore-rape-y....

and @person who said GW1 players would pick priory people, idk what that'd happen, priory (to my knowledge) wasn't really there in GW1, if anything all the GW1 players would side with the order of whispers using some strange "they're familiar with it" logic...

Personally i just think the order of whispers makes the most sense out of them, but that's just me..

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 11:13 AM ----------

O.o you guys are very picky with your book "quality" i thought the book was really well done and the characters were described pretty well, and Haimchen the reason you thought logan was so blank IS BECAUSE HE IS!! He's the good little seraph that will follow the queen blindly, that's why so many people hate him!! He's soooooo stupid!! *grabs axe and slams it into Logan Thackery picture on wall* Gwen where did you go so wrong!!

On a side note i thought the charr/human thing was pretty accurate, it was a "We work together or die" sort of thing, they weren't like "Lawlz best friends!!" until like 3/4's of the way through the book, which was several months if not years...
    i think he's referring to the gate of madness mission where you fight you know who

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 02:55 PM ----------

That's a pretty full-of-yourself statement. The Order of Whispers may have existed that long, but your character hasn't, just like the Freemasons being around as long as they have still doesn't mean their draw is for everyone IRL. I played Prophecies at release, and Whispers still doesn't make sense for either my character then OR my character now.
    the whispers is the order we know the most about (relatively, given the nature of the whispers). that and anyone who played nightfall was immersed with the whispers in defeating abaddon. that and master of whispers seems to be the most popular necro hero by far

so thats 3 good reason to expect whispers to be in the lead

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 02:57 PM ----------

Factions was subpar, so retconning Shiro's demise, I was apathetic at best, but I definitely agree with you on the fall of Orr.

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 01:45 PM ----------

Completely off topic, but I only just now remembered where I heard Logan's voice before. ........damnit Snow!
    they never retconned shiro, his soul is stuck in the mists

when you fight him in nightfall he's still dead
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-05-08 at 08:58 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    My guardian will be Vigil.

Uniting races just seems like a righteous goal.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    My guardian will be Vigil.

Uniting races just seems like a righteous goal.
    And then throwing them into an Elder Dragon meat grinder. Delicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    reminds me of the zombie mulcher boat in edge of destiny
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Never said I'm a Saint :P
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

Deleted
    Order of Whispers, purely as I can't possibly see how drugging an elder dragon could go badly... crazy crazy necromancers

Everybody is talking about how the Vigil is silly for trying to kill the Elder Dragons, while in Edge of Destiny, this is almost executed at Kralkatorrik.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Everybody is talking about how the Vigil is silly for trying to kill the Elder Dragons, while in Edge of Destiny, this is almost executed at Kralkatorrik.
    thus eir is to blame
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-05-09 at 02:46 AM.
    The Original Ganksta