Poll: Will you explore everything in Diablo 3?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If you don't explore every nook and cranny in the game, than I'm sorry for you.. I will explore everything!
    Excited

Deleted
    I usually explore everything, but I am playing this game alone atm. My friends had to choose between GW2 + Diablo 3 and I actually had money for both. I probably rush through the content in the beginning and later on explore with my mates ( they like to explore )

10+ Year Old Account
    uh yes, is there any other way to play a Diablo game?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually just go with the flow, I don't plan to explore everything but who knows, wherever I end up is where I go.

Deleted
    No because Diablo levels are pure RNG. Spending 5 minutes exploring the map just means you'll miss out on something else somewhere else.

I'm going to get a laugh when all of the people who don't take at least a little time to explore, and instead blitz straight to the end, get absolutely destroyed when they're underleveled in Nightmare and Hell.

And then I'll stop laughing and start cringing, because the forums will get filled with posts about how the game is too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheButcher View Post
    Will you go to every area, every nook, every cranny and kill everything you possibly can, and explore everything in the game?

I know I will deeply immerse myself in the game and do everything there is to do and take my sweet time.

"Ahhh fresh meat!"

Maybe not 100% all the time every time, but I certainly plan to do a lot of exploring, especially in my first play-through. =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hempstar View Post
    I will on Normal on my first playthrough while everything is 'new', but on Nightmare/Hell I will be skipping through all the lore/quest dialogues.
    this pretty much, you will see everything anyways in your numeroes hell/inferno runs
    and also i will do all exploration achievements if there are such things

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I'm going to get a laugh when all of the people who don't take at least a little time to explore, and instead blitz straight to the end, get absolutely destroyed when they're underleveled in Nightmare and Hell.

And then I'll stop laughing and start cringing, because the forums will get filled with posts about how the game is too hard.
    1. There are level requirements for each difficulty. Yes, Jay Wilson said it. It's in the BBchat that is posted on diablofans.
    2. When somebody hits that "wall" within a difficulty, they will likely go back to level up.

60 inferno asap
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    1. There are level requirements for each difficulty. Yes, Jay Wilson said it. It's in the BBchat that is posted on diablofans.
    2. When somebody hits that "wall" within a difficulty, they will likely go back to level up.
    Underleveled and/or undergeared. I suspect that the level requirements will be more of a 'bare minimum' than anything else, simply so people can't be rushed ala D2.

For my first play through I plan on exploring everything this game has to offer.

I'm interested to see how much the difficulty jumps from Normal -> Hell -> Nightmare -> Inferno and the gear required.

Unless farming a specific spawn, you have to clear every map to play a dungeon crawler properly. Break every pot, smash all barrel, flip all tables, etc.

The question is anathema to the very concept of the game. You are human being lawnmower in ARPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Unless farming a specific spawn, you have to clear every map to play a dungeon crawler properly. Break every pot, smash all barrel, flip all tables, etc.

The question is anathema to the very concept of the game. You are human being lawnmower in ARPGs.
    As an aside, the demon hunter is without equal in its chain-combo object-smashing abilities. I got up to 32 objects in a combo with demon hunter. So many pots and books and tables and chairs...

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to be playing the campaign story.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    No because Diablo levels are pure RNG. Spending 5 minutes exploring the map just means you'll miss out on something else somewhere else.
    Certain areas can have certain things that can spawn only somewhere in that area. If you don't explore that area, you will NEVER find that particular thing.

Here's an example: The Den of the Fallen. This only appears in The Weeping Hollow, and only sometimes - and only away from the path. If you never explore The Weeping Hollow, you will never find it.

And suppose you say to yourself "I'll wait until Hell, because only then are the items in The Den of the Fallen worth spending the time on". Well, it might not appear on that run through, and it might have appeared on earlier ones, so you could miss it!

Admittedly, it's not as efficient to go exploring at every difficulty - it's more to do with the fun of finding a "rare" dungeon and exploring it.

Also of course, you can repeatedly explore areas in Hell or Inferno looking for the stuff you missed earlier if you have a list of things to look for in each area.

Myself, however, I'll be exploring every area in every difficulty!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    They aren't pure random. The world layout will always be the same, only the pieces inside that world layout will differ. Furthermore, your statement makes no sense. How are you missing out somewhere else if you explore the map? That somewhere else isn't going away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxist View Post
    Yes, like in Diablo 2. I am going to explore everything, and loot everything :P
    This EXACTLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    As an aside, the demon hunter is without equal in its chain-combo object-smashing abilities. I got up to 32 objects in a combo with demon hunter. So many pots and books and tables and chairs...
    Nice try, I'd consider that a novice effort. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWXD2Fx7NVQ