Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    People don't just leave because of incompetence. People leave because they have something else taking their interest or they got bored of a game they have been playing for years.

Don't just say the subscriber base is falling because Blizzard isn't doing their best at keeping them. Blizzard could do everything they could and people would still leave if they got tired of it.
    Which just states that sitting on their hands with 4.3 could attribute to at least half if not more of that loss. I'm not bashing Blizzard, just saying that 1.8 million is still a nasty hit regardless of stability.

(and yes, I'm still playing.. but I'm a roleplayer and not really part of the bigger picture. Blizz is already catering to me by allowing Warriors/Rogues to still equip ranged weapons, even if they don't have a real purpose and we can't roll on them if someone else does! !)

I find it completely unbelievable that people will continue to stay subscribed to a game they don't enjoy. Stop playing? Find another hobby? Or, do you secretly enjoy it, but would rather just bitch about it because you've got nothing better to do?

Here we go again with the fanboys and the haters duking it out again.

It's cool that the subs are stable, but woulda been much better without the idiots going "boohoo" and "told you so lol".

Ahhh....this brings me much joy. My heart is fluttering. I still love the amount of haters and how much they hate.

It feeels soooo goooooood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Nope.

I tried it, it won't steal me away from WoW in a million years. Same goes for many others, not to mention that tons of people wouldn't touch it with a stick considering how different it is and that they relate it to GW1.

Go off back to the GW2 forums, THIS, IS, WOW!

I'm hoping elder scrolls will be good. I would like to take a break and play something else and this is the first game i've seen to focus as much on story as wow does.
    Video games and the female audience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ZVZRsy8N8

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Nope.

I tried it, it won't steal me away from WoW in a million years. Same goes for many others, not to mention that tons of people wouldn't touch it with a stick considering how different it is and that they relate it to GW1.

Go off back to the GW2 forums, THIS, IS, WOW!
    GW2 isn't for everyone, just like any game, there will be ayers and nayers. But really, is being different from WoW such a bad thing? There are too many WoW clones out there, the biggest is WoW itself, a change of pace in an MMO is exactly what the genre needs and I feel the game can be very successful if they keep going as they have been. As for the GW1 feel to it, I played last weekend beta and sure it felt GW1-y in that it felt like a sequel, but it played nothing like the first. Now just to tease more people such as yourself.

Guild wars 2. nough said.

"WoW is dying! WoW is dying! Subs down! WoW is gonna die!"

>still 10.2 mil

Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Serpenth View Post
    World of Warcraft subs finally stop bleeding. SWTOR loses 25% of its player base. Why does this make so much sense to me.

Oh that's right, Pandarens are really cool.
    That reminds me of a slogan I read a few years back.

"Every copy of Warhammer sold is free publicity for WOW".

Yes, WOW feeds itself of the corpses of ex-WOW killers.

You do need to compare products to see the difference sometimes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    1.2m annual pass doesn't count because most players buy it for the diablo 3 and the mount plus the beta access. I we all know blizzard can public what ever his like so its not 100% true.
    Yeah. They could just randomly put in 100m subs Q2, 'cause it would not be illegal at all. These numbers are 100% accurate. They have to be. Blizzard is a company, not some random dating site.

+gratz to whomever subbed for the AP - and thus spends ~120€/150$ - to save the money a copy of D3 would cost. I'd charge my maths teacher for the difference as he or she really has failed at his or her job.

Quote Originally Posted by Renuald View Post
    Sort of an unfair estimate, what with the annual pass...

Anyone else has any thoughts on this?
    A subscriber is someone who pays. Why or how they pay isn't really relevant.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Actually, the release on Shareholders states their sub count was from the end of April. Meaning it'd come after the 38 country launch, the free month & 1.2 launch.

Besides, the dude he was quoting wasn't even saying anything about that. He was saying Blizzard is having to "play dirty" to keep subs, when ToR went ahead and gave a free month to people who managed to stay committed enough to play their fucking game. Incentives and business ploys aren't a new concept. Businesses do this all the time, what do you think sales are?
    My free month doesn't even happen until July.

EA's report included that patch 1.2 was 'coming soon'. Meaning it was written before 1.2 was released. Same for the 38 new countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my gawd WoW is d... Er, everything is okay! This is good news, alot better then the endless WoW is dying threads you see everyday.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by avatariku View Post
    GW2 isn't for everyone, just like any game, there will be ayers and nayers. But really, is being different from WoW such a bad thing? There are too many WoW clones out there, the biggest is WoW itself, a change of pace in an MMO is exactly what the genre needs and I feel the game can be very successful if they keep going as they have been. As for the GW1 feel to it, I played last weekend beta and sure it felt GW1-y in that it felt like a sequel, but it played nothing like the first. Now just to tease more people such as yourself.

It's certainly going to be nice to have another MMO that feels different. I loved TERA, but I can't justify paying 15 dollars to 2 games AND dedicate time to both of them to make it worth it.

With GW2, it's different, and it's also a one & done payment (aside from the cosmetic shop, whatever) which will be a nice side thing.

10.2 million is probably more than the top 5 other console games combined in terms of playerbase. Haters gonna hate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kerfanna View Post
    It's totally fun but it gets expensive. And the Skylanders can be really hard to find sometimes. But it's cool if you're in to collecting things. All of the guys come with stickers and an online code to do something with (I haven't really looked in to it, my son is only 6) and a collector's card. But my fiance and I both have played it and it is a lot of fun. There are hats you can find for your guys that have +stats on them and stuff.

It's not overly difficult, it is a kid's game, but there are lots of hidden things. If you're going to get in to it I suggest getting at least one of each type because you can only access some areas with certain types of guys. The game itself comes with 3 types though and it's definitely beatable with just those 3, but if you want to fully experience the game you need (at least) one of each.
    i may be reading it wrong but i think the difference is bad because its so different from wow that it might not be upto their expectations (bandwagon followers), while i think Guild wars is a gd game im gonna stick to wow, d3 and skyrim aaaand mayb more starcraft in the future (too many games!!) forgot to add dota and LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    i don't hate him and actually think he's cute, if i was a 14 yo teen i'd probably be all over him. but he has absolutely no musical talent whatsoever, come on. commercial music is commercial for a reason. saying this guy has any talent is an insult to art. creating an addictive product and being a good seller does not imply creating a quality product. The analogy with WoW is apt.
    Well, overarching generalizations like this really weaken your argument, just so you know! It's totally ridiculous to imply that there's no talent in pop music. But I guess everyone can play multiple musical instruments and sing on a whim, like Bieber. Just to help you further clarify, the analogy you were trying to make would indeed apply to wow. The problem that I'm illustrating is that it's not clear that Biebs or Wow don't have some aspect of quality. That means one of your premises is unsound, and that really hurts your analogy! No biggie though! On a different note, you're really limiting yourself if you're gonna disregard a genre of music like that... Why not check stuff out?

Once my Annual pass is over i am so out. ( Counted as a subsriber but i havent logged in for 5months+ )

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    Just being honest man, wow was always a great game up until CATA, sure it lost 2 million subs but it just shows that people want things handed on a plate as 4.3 stabilised subs. I doubt anyone with a IQ higher then 110 can still be enjoying this game.
    I have an IQ of 122. Im still thoroughly enjoying this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by avatariku View Post

The main problem here is that if a game is a WoW clone people will bash it saying it's a WoW clone. If it's completely different, the same fanboys will come in a say it sucks because it's not WoW.

Guild Wars 2 WILL be successful, like it or not.

And those saying that a MMO can't be successful unless it kills WoW are full of crap.
    Last edited by Chloral; 2012-05-09 at 10:04 PM.

That number can't be right. WoW is dead. I know this is true because I read it on the Internet.