Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cross Realm cities

Before I say this I have to say I love this new feature... No wonder Blizzard continues to dominate the MMO market.

however Org and Stormwind are the only cities that are populated. I think this feature would work very well in places like;
    Dalran, Shattrath, Ironforge, Darnassus, Thunder Bluff and Undercity as they are basically ghost towns.
    It wouldn't really add much... but hey it would make the rest of the cities feel more like cities where you can chill and hang out when your not out in the world doing stuff...

Mists of Pandaria... Putting the "World" and the "War" back into World of Warcraft

i agree, good idea

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a amazing idea, but sadly Blizzard already stated that the major city's (even if there ghost towns) will never be cross-realm

Quote Originally Posted by Ferbster View Post
    That is a amazing idea, but sadly Blizzard already stated that the major city's (even if there ghost towns) will never be cross-realm
    They say alot of things will never happen and they end up happening anyways.

I see no problem with cross realm cities so long as they are capped at a reasonable amount so SW/Org don't become lag hell holes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naaa... i really think these how they should fix the small number of people in others cities, they should give every facility SW and OG have to all other cities, so people will be able to chose between all those cities with one they prefer

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in i would love to hang out i other cities, i'm really sick of Stormwind right now lol.

Deleted
    This would also work well on low-populated realms that are like ghost towns anyway. When I first started WoW I played on a low-pop realm cos they told me to (was a rec realm) and it's hellish there. This would make their community so much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    For non-Org/SW, this is a great idea.

However, imagine an Illidan+Mal'ganis+Cho'gall Orgrimmar.

The lag would be legendary.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Dead cities they should make cross realm ( silvermoon)
    or have it rotate so people get into the low pop ones lol.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fourth'd or whatever number this is, Silvermoon and Exodar could definitely use some love. As well as a Darnassus and Undercity in other cases.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spread the portals out across the cities instead of central location SW/OG. Not sure much point anymore with Pandaland around the corner, but it would certainly get people out and about while lvling. Add city to city portals as well, so people can move around easier, and arent stuck in SW/OG.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Shokzman View Post
    Before I say this I have to say I love this new feature... No wonder Blizzard continues to dominate the MMO market.
    You do realize that the whole cross-realm zone thing has been in Everquest 2 for years now... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post

Illidan alone is awful. Its nearly the size of mal'ganis and cho'gall put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post

Speaking of Cho'gal... does that mean the Horde there will have a ton of Alliance lowbies to kill? Seems like it might just be rewarding Cho'gal horde players than helping alliance players. =/

I think one of the reasons they won't do Cross Realm Cities is for city boss pvp.

If three servers were to raid a ghost town with 3x the amount of attackers and defenders then the chance of both attacking and then the large amount of defense would become staggeringly laggy.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Speaking of Cho'gal... does that mean the Horde there will have a ton of Alliance lowbies to kill? Seems like it might just be rewarding Cho'gal horde players than helping alliance players. =/
    That works both ways, other realms with much more Alliance players should balance that a bit.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The solution to having people in cities like Darnassus and Ironforge isn't cross realm access. The solution is to put vendors, portals, all trainers, daily quest hubs for more than just cooking and fishing, etc. in these other cities. Opening them up to other realms will do what exactly when only a handful of bank toons hang out there? RP realms might be a bit more populated but RP realms are the only realms that don't have a shortage of people in cities other than SW/Org. Ironforge used to have more people in it than SW back in BC and wrath when I played, it's a ghost town cause Blizzard made it that way by effectively stripping *everything* (these cities used to at least have reforge until 4.3) from cities that aren't SW and Org. Same goes for Darnassus, no reforge, no barber, no portals, no JC dailies, no valor vendor, no justice vendor, no pvp vendor, it's all in SW.

Deleted
    i dont know.. sure i would love to se a city with more then 10 ppl, atm on my server we are something around 40+ in org at 20:00 wednesday, sure its sucks to be on a low populated server..

however how would yo have the different things to work.. what about stuff like Aution house, how would that work with a cross realm, just cant see how they should get that part right...

I imagine they will re-make cross realm zones step by step.

It is a GIANT undertaking or perhaps not. We will see in the future, but if they automated that cross realm process, the number of zones that will have this feature will grow.

Cities is a nice idea, but ... it doesn't help people in the game play experience like questing zones do.

I rather first want to see the return of elite mobs for group questing than standing in a City ...

Deleted
    I'm still waiting for the solution they have for PvE guilds... mere cross realm zones don't bring fresh people in my guild or my raid.
    And before anyone says that I can transfer, no I can't for personal reasons, and before anyone says that it's my problem, no it's blizzard's problem that they don't offer me an equable and enjoyable game experience. But whatever! Bring some merges please!