Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How is this even fair?

Just did a looking for raid and No'Kaled dropped, i was the only enhancement shaman and there was no rogue so i thought i was in like flynn for it.. nope a bloody elemental shaman won it with a role bonus! he was 24th on the dps meters even some healers beat him! how is this fair and can ranged roll on melee weapons with the roll bonus like that?

[Pic deleted; no naming-and-shaming on these forums]
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-05-12 at 05:24 PM.
    The Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death.

Its because the game does not know what kind of dps shaman it is, it just assumes that you are dpsing and it will assign dps loot to you regardless of your spec or if it has int/agi on it.

It's not fair at all. Hopefully this problem will be getting fixed in MoP though.

But you may want to black out the names. Cannot name and shame on these forums.

why still trying to get loot from lfr? you can easily 8man madness normal with %20 buff

It looks to me like he joined the raid late. You should sort your recount by dps, not by damage done. Looks like he would still be low, but not nearly as low as your qq suggests.

Might I ask why you are still bothering with LFR? And why do you still care about the gear that drops from it?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's incredibly silly and could easily be fixed by assigning items a spec....i have ret paladins that win the healing shield everyweek in lfr :S

15+ Year Old Account
    Role bonus effects what role you are in. Both Enhancement and Elemental are DPS role and therefore both gets the bonus. However in Mists of Pandaria they have fixed this so that the game knows what your spec is and therefore they can sort gear by spec instead of role. Plus you don't roll on individual loot by then anyway ;p

Because it's not. You'd think that, from all the complaining on this subject that goes on, people would understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranaas View Post
    why still trying to get loot from lfr? you can easily 8man madness normal with %20 buff
    I was about to say this :P LFR is quite useless unless you're an extreme casual, bad, or just an alt.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    It looks to me like he joined the raid late. You should sort your recount by dps, not by damage done. Looks like he would still be low, but not nearly as low as your qq suggests.

Might I ask why you are still bothering with LFR? And why do you still care about the gear that drops from it?
    You can see his DPS on the Damage Done meter. It was 17k, which isn't bad- but it isn't good.

As far as "why are you still doing dargonsoul and why do you care about lfr loot", I can't vouch for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first iteration of LFR just classes you as "DPS", "Healer", or "Tank". Shaman have both caster and melee DPS, and both have the same priority on gear for either spec. This isn't ideal, and the next version will have improved loot distribution, they're just not pushing that through before MoP because they don't have any other major content patches planned, and LFR isn't a major factor for most players gear-wise currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not qq'ing it's just frustrating to have it not drop and when it finally does to have it go to an elemental shaman. I apologise about the pic i forgot, in regards to normal i'm looking for a raiding guild before now work had me working during the hours most people raided. Since i have only seen upto ultrax on normal people don't really give me a chance even tho i know what im doing.
    The Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death.

also , I dont find any "fair" loot rule in this game. ep/gp dkp loot council and name whatever you like. when you dont get a loot , its not fair.

the thing is , they are not there to be fair. they are there , because games need rules.

Welcome to cross-realm dungeons and raids, where social actions have no consequences and there's no reason not to roll on everything you can get. If you will never see people again, you gain nothing from being nice and lose nothing from being selfish. The loot system tries to restrict the bad behaviour somewhat, but it's not perfect and won't catch every abuse.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you can roll on his caster dagger too. This has been posted and talked about way too many times. That isn't as bad as losing two the first week of LFR to Paladins. It is LFR and that is all I can say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranaas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I was about to say this :P LFR is quite useless unless you're an extreme casual, bad, or just an alt.
    /facepalm
    So you guys get instantly full 397 gear from doing DS Normal? So once you have done DS Normal, LFR is useless for you? Hmm.
    Also, you guys get into DS Normal groups without gearing in LFR first?
    "just an alt" is also quite ridiculous thing to say, there are more alts than mains in this game, and ppl switch their main/mainspec all the time.
    If you only have one character, and have every item 384/391 or higher, then LFR might be useless for you, but you act like this would be the case for most people?
    ---
    Ninjaing in LFR is old news imo, you should have needed on elemental shaman loot there, and tried to trade. There is no point playing fair in LFR since the system is so broken.
    My advice is to go to LFR (and then DS N) with friends and/or guildies.
    Last edited by Musta Kyy; 2012-05-12 at 05:47 PM.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

I'm going to put my PoV up here and maybe its one you haven't considered before. I know there are plenty of people just like me who do the same thing so its fairly common.

Currently have ~ 406 ilvl PvE Ele shaman.

I wanted to build an enh set mainly for fun. So I still do LFR in an attempt to help with the set.

So when I que I can either go as ele or enh (both DPS specs). If I go as enh my DPS is substantially lower than elemental. So I can go as elemental and carry the DPS throughout the fights. Either way you are going to be rolling against me, but wouldn't you rather have a 40K+ DPS helping your raid out rather than 25Kish?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post
    I'm going to put my PoV up here and maybe its one you haven't considered before. I know there are plenty of people just like me who do the same thing so its fairly common.

I wanted to build an enh set mainly for fun. So I still do LFR in an attempt to help with the set.

So when I que I can either go as ele or enh (both DPS specs). If I go as enh my DPS is substantially lower than elemental. So I can go as elemental and carry the DPS throughout the fights. Either way you are going to be rolling against me, but wouldn't you rather have a 40K+ DPS helping your raid out rather than 25Kish?
    I would second this post.

I have mainly LFR gear on my elemental shaman, but I still find enhancement quite fun, plus I like to level as enhancement but raid as elemental so I am still doing LFR only to pick up some enhancement gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is all getting fixed in Mists. LFR will recognize spec aswell as dps/tank/heals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post

The problem they see is that Enhance is your offspec whilst Enhance is their main spec, and they feel put out that offspecs get stuff instead of them. It is understandable and its being fixed in Mists, however it then brings in the problem of making it incredibly hard to gear up offspecs because you have to queue in that offspec and perform basically horribly because you have little to no gear - for example trying to get Enhancement gear as Resto you'd either have to run a bunch of 5 mans to be able to perform then replace everything with LFR gear and spend many, many days farming old content, or queue as Enhancement and have 0 gear and do nothing (but your allowed in because your ilevel is high enough).

Loot in LFR is a pretty big problem with no easy solution, we shall have to see how it plays out in Mists - it was never originally intended for 4.3 they just put it in as a test, and as such it wont be changed until Mists is launched.