Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Seems like there are going to be a lot of problems coming up with this feature. Most are mentioned in previous posts (rare mobs shared or phased, ganking etc).

I dunno how they can get something as complicated as this up and running in the near future when they still haven't implemented what I expect would be a much easier feature in xrealm heirlooms.
    They have been talking about doing things with heirlooms that would eliminate the need for mailing them to alts altogether. My guess is that they're still trying to figure out the best way to handle it internally. I'm 99% certain that we'll be seeing cross-realm heirlooms before this beta is over, just wait and see.

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 11:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Path of the Titans comes to my mind...
    Except that this system is actually being implemented as we speak. They're patching the servers with it right now.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    This can do so much for world PvP.
    As long as pvp servers and only crossed with pvp servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    I'm praying they don't decice to merge PvE and PvP realms together and have PvP active as a result. I can understand why people would want to play on a PvP server, but I don't personally want to be randomly involved in 1 sided PvP after rolling on a PvE server because the realm grouping turned it on.

If they don't merge same-status realms together then it's going to be a pretty horrid implementation for a lot of people.

Some people are clearly happy with this, so no idea where you are getting the impression "all" are complaning from. Also people have different opinions on merging everyone together in to a huge group or keeping individual servers individual. If you cannot understand their reasons behind this then calling them idiots just makes you look like a hypocrite.
    One, learn to read a post, no where did I call them idiots. I simply stated Idiocy of the world as a whole which I'm pretty sure you cannot retort against as that is my opinion. Also it was directed towards those who dislike this system due to the LFR style anonymous jerks they expect to see everywhere while they themselves are portraying the exact persona they claim to dislike. If you don't know what I'm talking about then please start from page one and read every post. Thankfully the majority is for this wonderful feature but my statement (once again) was for those who have an irrational dislike for it.

Now please move along as I have nothing to do with you and your unwarranted pompous remark against me.

Wow. This is big!

Didn´t see such a huge feature coming! Seems like Blizzard is SERIOUSLY concerned about players sitting only in the capital cities and REALLY wants the world to feel crowded!

Is it only me or that sounds terrible? Imagine leveling alt from 1-85 to be as populated as the cata areas within the first weeks of its release. Bunch of ppl w8ing and fighting over a quest mob, gank fest in PvP realms forcing players that want just to lvl that damn alt and get it over with to either quit that alt or farm their a**es in instances. I`m not the biggest fan of leveling, quite frankly even opposite, and i thank god that i got all my alts to last lvl before that goes live or it could have been just PITA to do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    That's brilliant and unexpected thanks Blizzard <3

This is a awesome feature, especially for those stuck on low pop servers.
    oh really? i play on a very low pop server and the only influence this might offer to me is the decline of the last advangtages low pop servers offer. not only is our ah empty but then players from high pop servers can roam my realm and farm the ores to sell on their ah. gg.
    also players can now start to quest on my realm to circumvene their flooded areas and flood mine.

good news for players on high pop realms indeed..

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug View Post
    Is it only me or that sounds terrible? Imagine leveling alt from 1-85 to be as populated as the cata areas within the first weeks of its release. Bunch of ppl w8ing and fighting over a quest mob, gank fest in PvP realms forcing players that want just to lvl that damn alt and get it over with to either quit that alt or farm their a**es in instances. I`m not the biggest fan of leveling, quite frankly even opposite, and i thank god that i got all my alts to last lvl before that goes live or it could have been just PITA to do it.
    It is not only you.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it only me or that sounds terrible? Imagine leveling alt from 1-85 to be as populated as the cata areas within the first weeks of its release. Bunch of ppl w8ing and fighting over a quest mob, gank fest in PvP realms forcing players that want just to lvl that damn alt and get it over with to either quit that alt or farm their a**es in instances. I`m not the biggest fan of leveling, quite franly even opposite, and i thank god that i got all my alts to last lvl before that goes live or it could have been just PITA to do it.
    You're not alone. I don't really like that blizzard is taking it upon themselves to unleash the pent up dbags inhabiting overpopulated servers, especially those with severe faction imbalances like 100 horde for every alliance, onto unsuspecting quiet realms. People choose to be on the realms they are on to get away from having to deal with trash people like the example I've given. Some people like quiet backwaters. If a player doesn't like it they can pay the money and xfer to a populated realm.

Oh now I get it. This is an attempt to help repopulate the world, and in theory will guarantee world pvp since so many people will be running about.

Also. Be reasonable and don't assume EVERY zone is cross realm. Who knows, maybe only a few will be that way.

It sounds more than terrible. They are creating instanced world that will just make the questing worse for PVE players. For PVP it might sound good tho.

Deleted
    I am on pvp server, but not because I like pvp, but because my friends are there and there is a rather large community from my country. While this big change is surely good for most of people who like world pvp or are accustomed to playing on high populated servers, it is an awful addition for people like me, who are disgusted with wow pvp in any form and are playing in low populated servers. This is because of the economy of low pop. servers - it is bad, everything is overpriced, rare items are very hard to be found, but on the bright side there are a few serious material gatherers for example, so if you have gathering alts, mats are easy to come by. Now with this change, low populated servers become like medium or even high populated ones, but their economy stays the same, it will be even worse, because less mining nodes and herbs will actually be fueling the economy. This will destroy auction houses on low populated servers.

Awesome! This is a very good move by Blizzard! World PvP!!

Deleted
    EU: Aegwyn (30k allys) and Frostwolf (30k horde) are both sharing the same pool (Blutdurst) - this feature will make intense battles possible- I LIKE!

Been procrastinating on my Arena Grand Master achievement. I better get to work before it's all but undoable.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadanon View Post
    It sounds more than terrible. They are creating instanced world that will just make the questing worse for PVE players. For PVP it might sound good tho.
    In line with your concern, it would be nice if blizz put in an option to enable or disable this feature for those who would rather be in an underpopulated realm.

Deleted
    This shit rocks.

The beginning of the end of servers.

I love how no one knows the finer details of the system yet will complain.

You really think blizzard will merge PVE / PVP players unless grouped ? No. They aren't that stupid. It only makes sense that they will pull from the same server type unless grouped. I will assume that if you have a friend that is on a PVP server, invites you to a group and you are on a PVE server, you would then move to a PVP zone due to the invite coming from a PVP server.

This is a move in the right direction for all MMO's. There shouldn't be servers any more, this is just the first step to make it truly a "World". It is called WORLD of Warcraft, now SERVERS of Warcraft.

I couldn't be more happy with it, I play an MMO to play with other people not to play in a world by myself. The addition of the Battletag system will perpetuate this even more, so that players can group together easier and actually have fun out in the world again.

oh really? i play on a very low pop server and the only influence this might offer to me is the decline of the last advangtages low pop servers offer. not only is our ah empty but then players from high pop servers can roam my realm and farm the ores to sell on their ah. gg.
    also players can now start to quest on my realm to circumvene their flooded areas and flood mine.
    Except you don't understand how it works, no one actually plays on "Your" realm, nor do you play on your own realm either. You are going to be on an instance of that zone which is separate from any other server. While I can understand the complacency of being on a Low pop realm , the faster that it transitions to a "World" rather than individual servers, community will thrive. Those ass hats that group up to be douchebags will get black listed "world" wide rather then a specific server.
    Last edited by Synche; 2012-05-10 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnassian View Post
    You're not alone. I don't really like that blizzard is taking it upon themselves to unleash the pent up dbags inhabiting overpopulated servers, especially those with severe faction imbalances like 100 horde for every alliance, onto unsuspecting quiet realms. People choose to be on the realms they are on to get away from having to deal with trash people like the example I've given. Some people like quiet backwaters. If a player doesn't like it they can pay the money and xfer to a populated realm.
    Thing is they dont do that for any xrealm transfer issue. This is done for new toons and it was never a problem to click on change realm and start toon w/e you want to. Xrealm transfers is mostly for maxed chars and they barely will get affected by this if i have read that blue post right. So what they do is you dont chose with/on what realm you level your toon, they`ll just shove in your throut entier battlegroup or even more.

Btw doomsayers, here's Bashiok's answer to your cries!
    @Kadaje: We'll be matching realm types when this goes to the live realms. (We will add a Q&A in the above FAQ to make that clear.)
    @Rogarb: The game is specifically designed with variable respawns, and huge influxes of players on launches. Having very few people in a zone is actually not what the game is supposed to be.
    This is looking so awesome!