Poll: Are cross-server zones a good idea?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I'll just be happy when they remove their automated 20£ server transfer. Idea is good, but not satisfied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaultnishi View Post
    No what I'm saying is that IF(Key word is IF) this is that fix they were talking about than people who have been waiting for a real fix are just going to be annoyed if Blizzard really thinks this is the answer to that problem. It Doesn't fix guilds, raiding or horrible economy and has the potential to make things worse if everyone is fighting over gathering nodes(Which could be changed if its a problem).

Yeah maybe some people sub if questing areas are now populated, but they have the potential of loosing more people if they don't do actually do something about the low population problems.

I said the good chunk of No voters are thinking this isn't a fix for the low pop problem and not the typical OMG WTF BLIZZ KILLAR type postings.
    We may be writing at cross-purposes here and if I misunderstood I apologize. My take is that this by itself isn't the fix for low population/imbalance and as you quoted Blizzard doesn't think this first iteration is either. It might eventually be the basis for what looks to clearly be much, much larger realms based on what I've seen in the beta (1.2m beta invitees on 4 servers). Or possibly going the whole way at some point and having 4 realms total for all of North America, etc. Divide up the world how you please. Something like that would "fix" a lot of things--or make them irrelevant--while causing lots of other changes that would be uncomfortable for some, particularly with economies.

Blizzard iterates on everything--continuous improvement is at the heart of what they do really. Once they have cross-realm zones up and running smoothly then I would assume they'll turn their attention to other things like this that may...may eventually lead to where I see this going.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaultnishi View Post
    Excluding the trolls, I think most of the people who said no, said it because this doesn't fix any of the problems of a low pop server.
    This is a change to leveling zones(and potentially overcrowded zones). Blizzard said so outright. They even said specifically which zones they were going to apply it to. It was not advertised as a catch all fix for low population servers issues from guild recruitment to AH supply.

It's like people whining and complaining on a transmog thread because transmog did not come with dance studio.

BTW, how would this change make the economy worse for low population servers? Do you really think the reason that there is no ore on the AH is because there's too much competition in the gathering zones? Why is there a huge amount of ore on the AH of busy servers with tons more people competing for each node?

At this very moment, Illidan(US) Horde AH has over 14K pieces of elementium ore with a current market price of 1g 33s each. Chromaggus(US) Alliance AH current has 95 pieces of ore(almost 5 stacks!!!) at a market price of 6g 50s each. How is it that the super overcrowded server has 150 times more ore on the AH than the one with empty gathering zones?

10+ Year Old Account
    i think its a terrible idea, i moved my character from a high population realm to a low population realm specifically because i did not want to sea with other players on that one
    weeee!

I voted: "We will see..." as it's not been adjusted to show how many are in each zone, and if they ONLY apply to low-pop servers, ect.

But I will observe that in 2009 I bet if you put a poll saying "Do you want harder BC-style dungeons back in Cataclysm" the majority here would've voted "Yes"....

...be careful what you wish for is all I'm saying. I don't want it to be a year from now and lower-pop servers are complaining that their AH markets have tanked because they now can't get any trade-material nodes due to other servers gobbling them up as soon as they respawn. Or somebody saying "Jeebus... is there at least ONE PLACE i can just go and farm in peace without running into somebody!? I like playing with people... I don't like playing with people ALL THE DAMN TIME!!!" :P

I don't think this is going to be a "fix" for guilds, raids, and bad economies on low pop servers. It's just going to enhance the leveling experience make it seem more like an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Clampz View Post
    I can see how this would be appealing if the content in any of these zones required a group, but honestly all this means to me is more people to fight over quest mobs / spawns / nodes for. Yay?
    Honestly, I read this as "You will now see more people as you quest by yourself. Grats. Now good luck with that herbalism."
    You do know when there is a higher population, herbs and ores respawn a lot faster
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!