Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I hope they will because I won't be able to play on that day, so if they crash I won't feel so bad about missing my playing time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing Blizzard, yup.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

They've already warned us that there may be delays logging in at launch. I think they'll be ready - but I still think demand is going to be higher than they're ready for and we may be in for a little more than just 'delays'

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'll be fine, maybe some hiccups and some downtime as Diablo III will sell a lot more copies than everyone predicted including Blizzard themselves (probably the biggest PC launch). Granted I won't be playing at midnight, just the following morning, so I think i'll be fine.

Deleted
    in all this no tears for Diablo ? dude is gonna die like 5 million times within a few hours lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    in all this no tears for Diablo ? dude is gonna die like 5 million times within a few hours lol
    He should be used to it by now! He must be having quite the headache from being killed, banished, and brought back over and over.

Deleted
    I wouldn't be surprised if they have a few problems within the first few hours, having that many people log into a server always causes problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    I think that the servers will be fine. I can't foresee any problems with it.
    Yea, this is not some noob company just getting it's feet wet with MMOGs. I think they might be lag but, after so long, who cares?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    After the first 15minutes I think the servers will be fine.
    NO log in server in the world can handle 1.5 million players per continent trying to get in on the exact same time/second.

So yes eveything WILL crash in the first hour.

Deleted
    I doubt the servers will crash.

Just don't expect instant access.

Deleted
    they will not crash.

Deleted
    I would expect some queues/slow logins but I don't think they will crash. They know what their caps are for a stable server from the open beta so there should be no problem with them letting that many people in at least.

They will crash and take a full week to settle properly, so just a normal launch of a HUGE game.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Yea, this is not some noob company just getting it's feet wet with MMOGs. I think they might be lag but, after so long, who cares?
    Exactly.

I predict 3 Million people preordered D3 in the US. Half won't play it at release because it is past midnight on a Tuesday and the other 1.5 million will be connecting from different locations in the US so around half of that will be split on Texas and California servers.

I don't see 750'000 people causing that much trouble for a company as large as Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    I think that the servers will be fine. I can't foresee any problems with it.
    You were wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    No, I sincerely doubt we'll have any issues on launch.

LOL!

Deleted
    The servers did in fact not crash. Being busy is something totally different. For every player joining for the first time, a user profile has to be created, memory allocated and what not. This just does not happen in an instant. But that is a one time thing, because once your profile exists, you just save your current character status on exit or load it upon entering the world.

The same happens in WoW with every x.0 Patch when your profile is being updated with new achievements etc and everyone has the overall feeling that the servers went down, when in fact, they are just very busy extending your user profile to the new content.
    Last edited by mmocb7fc6c1c73; 2012-05-15 at 01:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    No, I sincerely doubt we'll have any issues on launch.

(10chars :/ )
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow