Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    Just as anote, make sure the friend you duo with is actually GOOD. I've made a lot of mistakes duoqueueing with friends that i like, without realizing how bad they actually are .d
    That precisely happened to me when I was starting ranked and went to 1300 and then i wanted to help my friend up too but it kinda missed its purpouse and I ended with him stucked around 900-1000 now and now I'm desperately trying to get back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeyes View Post
    So like a week ago i started playing ranked after like a year of normal games. Now i keep getting no brained people and thus losing so many games when the opposing team isn't really that good.

But whenever i ask someone how they got to like 1700 rating or something, they said they carried the games and on these forums i read that if you can't carry a game in low elo ranked (1100-1200) you should stay in elo hell.

Now my question is, how can you carry a game when all the other lanes are feeding the team so hard ? If i'm ad carry at the end of the game i have a decent score and CS and i can solo everyone but when their entire team is fed like crazy i can't do anything. Or am i wrong, am i supposed to be able to solo a fed team ?

This isn't a rant i'm just wondering how you do it.
    If you cant carry your team cus their nobrainers etc, you should do duoqueue, and go as ad carry jungler, mid /top. Im in elohell now too, was at 1.4k but had rtarded teams, and what not.
    So: You gotta take the lead, tell em what to do, gank and get cs.
    Like I did: I called out mid in 1 of my last games, and I told everyone what to do (and they didnt feed and whatever). Told em to get wards, gank often and watch for the jungler (as was the famous twitch.). I play ap carry mid 97% of my games as cassiopeia. If I can take the lead in games, Ill do that.
    If the team sucks, just wait a few hours and play then. The trolls got some timer their doing ranked. After school, jobs etc. Middle of the night ?

---------- Post added 2012-05-13 at 07:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Qauren View Post
    It's not just about being able to 1v5 the enemy team, it's also about minimising the feeding of the other lanes too. First step is you have to win your lane, quite hard. You need to dominate your lane opponent and then in the time that he has to go back to base / is dead, you roam and do other things.

Whether that be warding the other lanes, or ganking, counter jungling, whatever.

You pretty much have to win all 3 lanes for your team - this is easiest from mid lane, and it greatly helps if you duo queue with someone else who knows what they're doing.
    Amen sir. /10char

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    play duo que with mid + jungle
    both should go and gank
    if you get some good ganks you're lanes get fed and it's harder for them to be that fail cause they are miles ahead
    and last tip let them play what they want cause maybe they don't suck that hard on their favourite champs

Play a role that has a constant effect on the game such as jungle or mid (or just afk top and carry the late game).

Good initiates is what wins you most fights in soloQ so play something that can initiate. In a perfect world you will only initiate if the enemy team shows an opening so in theory as long as you see that opening you can start the fight and carry the team. (this is the reason why I would not play ad to climb elo unless you play ashe or something else with a strong initiate, urgoth comes to mind).
    N

As far as the carrying yourself out goes, it really depends. Some of it is luck based, but there's plenty you can do.

During champ select, try to get responses from your team, have people give their thoughts on what they wanted to play, and what roles they excel at. Try to be an actual team, instead of just having each person lock in whatever they want and your last players filling the roles of the meta.

Unfortunately, unless you're with a relatively good AD bottom (this works well if you duo queue) you probably don't want to be support if you can help it. While support provides tremendous benefits, they can't carry a game simply because they don't have the potential to kill. Blitzcrank is an exception to this, and to a lesser extent alistar and nautilus.

Aside from having an ap mid, ad carry, support, jungler and top, make sure your team has important things like initiates, cc and a good balance of damage (i.e. not ap mid, top and jungle). For example, if you were last pick as the AD carry, and your team had no initiate, you'd probably want to choose ashe over caitlyn, simply because the ability to start the fight is more important than having a slightly easier laning phase. Of course, that means knowing multiple champions in each role.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual