Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Wow, only took them what, 5 years to do what priests have been asking for since the stupid spell was invented? Stil, I am about 50% more likely to main priest in MoP now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

The maths have been updated! Derevka forgot that baseline Lightwell ALSO has 15 charges:

Http://talesofapriest.com/2012/05/15...g-ready-fight/
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Step 1: Place light well in LFR/or Dungeon.
    Step 2: Watch how no one at all will ever click it, even if they are standing right next to it and have low health.

So guess this glyph will make it somewhat useful with those types of groups.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    I already fixed it to 15. Linear scaling ftw
    I thought you'd be happy I found an excuse to give you another plug. *tsktsk*
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    /sigh

i give up... -.-'

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    /sigh

i give up... -.-'
    Such apathy in response to Kel's linking of my math... you do realize the post is fairly impartial, and illustrates the crossover point to the number of clicks needed to outweigh LS/LW, under those Overheal assumptions. (Of course ignoring fight mechanics). That said, the debate and math shows that it depends on how good your raid is at using it and its Overheal % in your raid to determine one over the other for you and your raid... and of course your desire for other Major Glyphs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Such apathy in response to Kel's linking of my math...
    ah, no, i wasn't actually talking about that
    i was rather off-topic-ish, my appologies.

Such apathy in response to Kel's linking of my math... you do realize the post is fairly impartial, and illustrates the crossover point to the number of clicks needed to outweigh LS/LW, under those Overheal assumptions. (Of course ignoring fight mechanics). That said, the debate and math shows that it depends on how good your raid is at using it and its Overheal % in your raid to determine one over the other for you and your raid... and of course your desire for other Major Glyphs...
    still won change the fact that a useful glyph is still useful. it will have its places (lfr,lfd) where people will just not click no matter what. i just dont think it best for the priest to community to start calling each other BAD over.

edit:
    no derevka i didn't say you said "people are bad."
    personally i just hate how the wow community tends to turn towards the whole sentiment of "this is the right way to do things and your a baddie if you do things differently." and i can see this having that problem.....especially if you just look at the front page of this thread
    Last edited by PlatedPriest; 2012-05-15 at 10:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Did I say bad? Nope. If anything, I supported the argument that its worthwhile in some situations--- and provided Math to support that fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no "skill" in clicking a well when you're told to via voice chat. Hence why I don't see a reason to penalize players for the convenience, nor do I see why so many priests refer to their raid as some sort of godsent because they respond to commands in the same way a dog would. Both wells would still have their own application in a raid setting. Example: Sustained damage? Glyph it. Peak damage points? Unglyph it, have your raid click it when appropriate.

I'd like to see scale the glyphed form up to be a bit more competitive. Obviously the click-version needs to have more output to scale better during periods of high damage output, but the unglyphed version needs to have clear applications as well, rather than being limited strictly to LFR because you have no way of efficiently communicating with them during an encounter.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone actually been able to get this glyph? Does anyone have video of the Lightspring in action? And, no, I'm not talking about ToC Lightwell video.

Deleted
    Best news ever.. The lolwell was outdated and i'm sure it worked once upon a time when everybody stood together and there were no fancy effects but times changed and nobody can see the darn thing anymore let alone be in range to click it. Time to get rid or make a change and this glyph is a step in the right direction.

Lightwell now heals for ((5,735 + 55.3% of Spell Power) * 3), rather than (((5,735 + 30.8% of Spell Power) * 3) * 1.15). Now also has 15 charges.
    They both have the same formula now... not sure if your charts were updated for this since it says they were made for build 15689 and the update to LW came in 15699.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianthe View Post
    They both have the same formula now... not sure if your charts were updated for this since it says they were made for build 15689 and the update to LW came in 15699.
    Not according to tooltips.... the build that was announced last night/yesterday has

Lightwell
    Friendly players can click the Lightwell to restore ((5,735 + 55.3% of Spell Power) * 3) over 6 sec

While Lightspring
    Lightspring will attempt to heal party and raid members lower than 50% health for (5,735 + 55.3% of SP) over 6 sec.

LS's tooltip doesnt have the x3 multiplier; this should make the scaling painfully obvious now. This is actually a net-BUFF to lightwell... I'll redo the graphs tonight or tomorrow, but the change actually is in lightwells favor making the crossover point on the number of clicks your raid has to do to outpace the auto healing of LS... As previously stated: if your raid does NOT click lightwell (and you should explain to them why they should use it-- think of it akin to a healthstone), then the choice should be obvious regardless of scaling.

Of course, this is all based upon theorycrafting the forumulas/tooltips.
    Last edited by derevka; 2012-05-18 at 01:47 PM. Reason: clarity and formatting

Deleted
    People that think this will be good are fooling themselves a bit. In a 5 man scenario where everyone incl yourself is gonna take dmg, the lightwell will be useless as everyone takes dmg and the effect will be cancelled. Using it afterward is as useless as you already would have had to heal the entire party through the dmg and then not cross the 50% threshold so the effect can still procc once (that is 5 proccs out of 15 instead of 15 clicks during the entire dmgperiod).

In raids you will encounter the same problem only there you will have other healers doing the same job and it will be even harder to manage the 50% threshold or just put it out there and hope that the 30% dmg will not remove the hot too quickly. Even if you manage to get it up, you cant count on its heal because you dont know who still has the hot or not. Making it a very random cooldown that needs almost the perfect circumstances to work as well as the original lightwell.

So priests, get a macro and announce that you have lightwell up and get an addon so you can see who clicks it, flame the ones that died without clicking it. That is how i domesticated my raid.
    Last edited by mmoc1efb59279e; 2012-05-18 at 03:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Light Spring will be fine for its intended use (when people don't click). If you're not one of those, don't worry about it.

i do hope blizzard gets this right.

lightwell should be better

BUT

i personally don't think lightspring should be ridiculously "omg lightspring is such a waste" bad. the fact that it cost a glyph, is weaker, and the 30% cancel effect should be enough that most will use lightwell in regular raiding scenarios. but lightsprings still needs a place. It might not have one if lightwell is stupidly better in all scenarios even in pugs/lfr/lfd if lightwell scaling is crazy better.

i get it blizzard still wants people to click but they might as well not put in lightspring if it still wont have a roll
    Last edited by PlatedPriest; 2012-05-18 at 10:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lightwell has the cancel effect too, btw.
    First they complain about how hard it is to click, then they complain that if they click it the heal just gets cancelled anyway (like that ever happens).

30%+ damage is very rare on anyone other than a tank. In any case the time when more than 30% damage goes out is usually predictable and/or on a timer. So don't click Lightwell 6 seconds or less before Big Damage Spell. Do click Lightwell right after Big Damage Spell.