Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    Not to mention it dropping in bags from heroics already.
    did you get one out of a bag from doing heroics? last i heard raid mounts dont come in those bags..
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Krold View Post
    Rare stuff should be kept rare, even if it's soloable it still requires a certain amount of time and dedication to achieve this.

I do hope that it's a placeholder, emo queen...
    Yes because old soloable content timesink is MUCH better than a goldsink.

It doesn't sound like a placeholder, hopefully all the argent tourney stuff will be on there too, it really blows trying to find time to do those dailies on amy kind of regular basis.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    did you get one out of a bag from doing heroics? last i heard raid mounts dont come in those bags..
    I didn't but a friend of mine has, the chance of getting ashes from it is like 0.5%

Edit: Im thinking reins of the raven lord and deathcharger among others http://www.wowhead.com/item=69903/sa...ains:50-2-15+1

Raid only mounts aren't part of it so i got ashes mixed up with other mounts.

Same thing though really the death charger drops in those bags and is 1.1% (According to wowhead) more rare than ashes

Ashes - 1.9%
    Death Charger - 0.8%
    Last edited by Bahska; 2012-05-12 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cacahuete View Post
    Where are the Black Market in Pandaria ?
    Nobody knows ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    They do, quite a few actually, not 100% sure about ashes but rivendares horse does and quite a few others.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    Stoped right about there. This mount isn't very rare anymore.
    Not sure if trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you think hovering in Stormwind or Ogrimmar on a mount from two expansions ago makes you special than you are delirious. I see someone with the Heroic Rag mount or terecgosa's mount I think about how much work they put into it. I see someone on Ashes of Al'lar and I thinl...awesome that guys can finally kill something from 2 expansions ago. Get over yourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cacahuete View Post
    Nobody knows ?
    the black market is in the Veiled Stairway.. just north of where the ugly client wrecking turtles were in Valley of the 4 winds.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2012-05-12 at 09:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    I see someone with the Heroic Rag mount or terecgosa's mount I think about how much work they put into it..
    Or how much gold/real money they spent to get it? I'd actually venture to say that right now its alot easier to get a heroic rag mount than it is to get al'ar.

Ok this is crap. I have not been able to play the last 3 MoP beta builds... Now i get to load up screen, and it crashes every time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea because there is just an abundance of people willing to pay 300k + for a guild who can 9 man heroic firelands to run them thru... you are talking about less than 5% of the population with the funds and connections to do that

blizzard suddenly doing everything right, im impressed

Let's say Ashes shows up once every 3 months on the black market, and gets bought by someone for 1 million gold. Would you really notice it in game compared to all the tens or hundreds of people who already have it from farming Tempest Keep weekly for the past few years?
    Exactly. I got Ashes this week (kill #29, very lucky), and I love it, but there are probably already 20 or so on my backwater server and everyone will be able to farm him multiple times a week at 90 so I'm under no delusions of being a special snowflake.

And no, it doesn't drop from the LFG bribes: http://www.wowhead.com/item=69903#contains:0+13-15+1

Black Market AH is the greatest idea in the history of gold economies. Most MMOs today seem to be going towards this option, allowing late adopting players the opportunity to pick up previously great items for costumes or vanity. If you retrieved Ashes or are sporting ZG mounts (I have both), good for you. I hope they give the option for all items including 1% mounts from previous content. Invincible, Mimi's Head, and all Cata mounts soon to revert to 1%. I have little interest in grinding old raids and would rather acquire through this method in a second.

If they make these items rare sales, that is once per week, it hardly devalues it. On my old server there were probably 100+ special snowflakes running around with it. If 1 new person acquires it per week via gold, then that's great. Lots of us only play the game anymore simply for the auction house and to buy favors. I know I wasn't even considering buying MOP, this changes everything now. Someone like myself can have their fun in the game.

I do hope they include all TCG items in this as well. Give equal opportunity access to everyone in the game and let the ultimate gold sink flow. No more dealing with untrustworthy and shady interweb thieves, just wait on the value to hit a reasonable amount for you and purchase something fun.

And for special snowflakes, don't worry. These mounts won't be going for 20k or even 50k on medium to large servers at least. If offered once per week you're talking million gold bankrolls competing against one another. Take solace in the fact that people in the beginning will be a million gold lighter and that a million gold was just taken out of the game.

BM doesn't works on beta :/

them hunter pets! also it should be interesting seeing how the black market AH plays out, hopefully they only keep it to items obtainable in the game (no blizz store/TCG/promotion mounts/pets etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, I like that Conan reference and this the 30th anniversary of its release this weekend as well. Fitting.

And finally, an in game way to get a fishing chair! (I hope) That and the baby murloc pet are the two things I have been wanted to get my hands on forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    Yea because there is just an abundance of people willing to pay 300k + for a guild who can 9 man heroic firelands to run them thru... you are talking about less than 5% of the population with the funds and connections to do that
    While the cost in gold may be slightly prohibitive, a lot of those guilds are also willing to sell for real money. I've also seen at least one guild that was GIVING away rag mounts for people who did things such as liking their facebook page and winning contests that they would set up. As for connections, all you have to do is hit the realm forums on almost any realm and you can find a guild willing to sell just about any Cata raid mount/acheeve you can think of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idletime View Post
    Black Market AH is the greatest idea in the history of gold economies. Most MMOs today seem to be going towards this option, allowing late adopting players the opportunity to pick up previously great items for costumes or vanity. If you retrieved Ashes or are sporting ZG mounts (I have both), good for you. I hope they give the option for all items including 1% mounts from previous content. Invincible, Mimi's Head, and all Cata mounts soon to revert to 1%. I have little interest in grinding old raids and would rather acquire through this method in a second.

If they make these items rare sales, that is once per week, it hardly devalues it. On my old server there were probably 100+ special snowflakes running around with it. If 1 new person acquires it per week via gold, then that's great. Lots of us only play the game anymore simply for the auction house and to buy favors. I know I wasn't even considering buying MOP, this changes everything now. Someone like myself can have their fun in the game.

I do hope they include all TCG items in this as well. Give equal opportunity access to everyone in the game and let the ultimate gold sink flow. No more dealing with untrustworthy and shady interweb thieves, just wait on the value to hit a reasonable amount for you and purchase something fun.

And for special snowflakes, don't worry. These mounts won't be going for 20k or even 50k on medium to large servers at least. If offered once per week you're talking million gold bankrolls competing against one another. Take solace in the fact that people in the beginning will be a million gold lighter and that a million gold was just taken out of the game.
    I agree.. I'm already planning on using this as an opportunity to bait the big names on my server into always having to purchase for above 90k..just so I can help flush their pockets (that's assuming they get into this). So even if it starts at 20k I'll be flatlining up to 90k to see if they will post more. But that's only because I have the funds to do this without a loss hurting me

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I can actually imagine ashes going for 1 million gold or more...
    "or more..." ?? please explain!!!