Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Ah that's weird.
    Gamestar claimed last week that Daedalic announced the release date for the 28th august (source) in an press handout.
    Might not be so ideal now that it's the same day as the GW2 release.
    No, they don't have release date at hand. Various sites claim various release dates, none of that should be taken serious (as all those dates are just speculation), as we don't have official announcement. I watch news on this subject very closely, and 28th of August is definitely not a release date. It will be released in July.

Let's not forget that TL2 makers isn't some kind of big company, which, even with finished product, needs a month or more to prepare for release date. TL2 developers could as well say - TL2 is finished and now is available on Steam/from our site and next week will be available in your local stores (as TL is being distributed mostly digitally).

Ah I've double checked this statement now and it seemed indeed to be a statement of their german publisher, Daedalic Entertainment.
    BrainW@Runic Games did neither confirm nor outright deny this release date, he just requested everyone "if it doesn't come from us, then please take it with a grain of salt".
    It wouldn't be the first time Daedalic misstated stuff like that, though.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Im looking to have a small group of ppl to play torchlight 2 with no weapon mods. Area content mods are ok. So if ur interested in joining me send me a pm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Platypus922 View Post
    Im looking to have a small group of ppl to play torchlight 2 with no weapon mods. Area content mods are ok. So if ur interested in joining me send me a pm.
    You can check the 'Guild' section of the official forum, there are some player groups there slowly forming pre-release.

thanks new to mmochamp

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-ordered it off steam and then played a bit of Torchlight. Oh I love that game, so looking forward to TL2 more than I was before.
    I'm rather hooked on it's art style tbh. It's got looks of glows and something that D3 does have, lots of explosions! It looks almost like if TF2 was turned into and ARPG.

TB and the Yogscast did some great footage of the game if anybody hasn't seen them yet for any reason . Max Schaefer seems like a nice guy as well.

Was bored and played some Torchlight again.... and I must say torchlight 2 is waaaaay better. I knew it was better but when I went back to the first you can really see the difference with the beta of torchlight 2! I can't wait for it, if only they released it yesterday! :P

But they really keep polishing, last changes I've read that are really interesting to me is that your skills swap with your weapons, which is just amazing!

source
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought torchlight was pretty cool, and the controls were fluid, but once I got to the Black Palace, the game went from, "meh, pretty easy." to "OMG THAT DARK ZEALOT JUST 1 SHOT ME." It got on my nerves and I just decided to stop even though I was probably an hour away from finishing the game. I really just hope that they do a better job with distributing loot in TL2. I was level 29 when I got to the Black Palace, and I still had gear that was under level 10, because I couldn't find anything better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and a couple friend are planning on purchasing the 4 for 3 deal on steam and doing what we did when Diablo 3 was released.. Lanning it up and playing all night long!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/20...snr=1_4_4__101

http://www.twitch.tv/iitiamatii/b/318005236

Scroll down for more videos, he plays SC2 mostly but when TL2 beta was live he also streamed and answered questions from streamers. (He works at Runic Games!)

Still no news sadly! :P
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    Still no news sadly! :P
    There are news. Developers basically said on forums that game is pretty much finished (it was today http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtop...29794&start=20 - 2nd post on this page).

So it should be released very-very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    There are news. Developers basically said on forums that game is pretty much finished (it was today http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtop...29794&start=20 - 2nd post on this page).

They said they were done with it around 2 months ago and were just working on polishing it, last I remember at least. I'm still hoping for a late July release, but at this point that seems pretty out of the question : /

Really hoping that this game releases this month! It's good to hear that they're just about done, and I'd like to play some before Guild Wars 2 comes out and I have to resume classes in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    They said they were done with it around 2 months ago and were just working on polishing it, last I remember at least. I'm still hoping for a late July release, but at this point that seems pretty out of the question : /
    What edge said, they have been polishing for a long time now... the only news we have now is a release date!
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

Deleted
    No, they don't have release date at hand. Various sites claim various release dates, none of that should be taken serious (as all those dates are just speculation), as we don't have official announcement. I watch news on this subject very closely, and 28th of August is definitely not a release date. It will be released in July.
    While it obviously isn't an official release date, when you go to pre-purchase on Steam and add it to your cart, it says "Available September, 2012". I remember doing it a couple months back and it said that it would be available in July.

That being said, Valve =/= Runic Games, so hopefully it isn't really that far away!

Also, hi everyone - first post!

Quote Originally Posted by Arschmade View Post
    I played the Beta this week and felt like it was more TL1,5 than TL2. Basically I can't see any real difference to TL1 besides the Charge-Bar and the Classes.

btw It's not possible that this Game releases this month, because if the game was already in production leaks of the box would be out. No game ever will be go into production before the release is announced.
    So don't expect the game to be released before mid-august.
    You haven't played beta, because there is no beta anymore.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

The main difference between TL1 and 2 isn't wildly different mechanics. That's not the point. TL2 has mainly tons of more content and features like multiplayer, which were some of the main criticisms of the first game (which they created in a couple of months to get their newly started company on their feet).

I did enjoy the first torchlight (Ive completed d3 on normal setting and not run through it again as I have not had time) always enjoy these dungeon crawlers so I will most likely get this too

the little pet running to the shop is always fun!

I also think this is made by some of the people who made the original diablo.

I played a good while of Torchlight 1, and it was really fun but boring since it was a single player game. With Tl2 having multiplayer from what I recall (not read into it since the end of last year), it'll make the game much better. D3 was an over hyped game that I'm playing a little tille Gw2 is out.

I don't think it'll be the killer of D3, since most games that are out first are the ones that win. Mainly cos they have say 10 million people playing. Most people wont bother changing, and just stick with what they know.

I'm enjoying the first one. Never really played Diablo, but I'm enjoying Torchlight. Certainly a lot more appealing to buy TL2 for $20 and get TL1 free than it is to buy D3 for $60, especially considering how much crap I hear about it.

It's been a couple weeks since I last played it, though, haven't had much time for games outside of WoW.