Poll: What should I get?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Major Struggle.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Major Struggle.

Sup guys.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%ADdo/advanced
    ^Thats my armory. I got normal gurth for quiet a while now.
    So my question to you guys is, Cause I stacked some conq points, Should I get Cata weapon and 2p t13, Or Gurth and full PvP gear. Cause I'm going to be able to afford my pants next unlock. But also a weapon. So you guys should decide if I should get my weapon changed, Or my pants. I already have cata shoulders, So thats no problem. (Obviously thats the first thing you get when you hit 85 lawl.)
    Thank you for your time, And thank you for your help.

-Kale.

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 03:42 AM ----------

I betya your all playing D3...
    Last edited by mmocb13edb456d; 2012-05-15 at 01:14 AM.

Deleted
    2pT13 is a must.

Deleted
    Even if its LFR?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You didnt have a 3rd option which is what I use... Gurth + 2pc pve. I sit at about 3900 resilience-ish, and in full pvp gear w/ gurth around 4300
    The 90 str, and 1second off judgement has no comparison to how smooth the game feels with 2pc pve. Sure you sacrifice some resilience but the freedom to have holy power is nice.
    LFR 2pc > 4pc Pvp bonus

Armory : Fear@Cho'Gall UI Screen : Elv UI Wow Progress : Vindictive
    Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770

Deleted
    #Fears, Ye thats what Im rocking atm, But I get shit on so easily, I need to change something. Thats why I made this topic.

Gurth isn't worth it unless you've heroic one and droping lots of stats to downgrade from pvp items to lfr is certantly not worth it. If you're playing 3-dps then something dies fast (and most of that time you spent with cds up), or you loose. If you're playing something else, then you're being trained a lot and survivability matters.

P.S. Personally i'd switch to pve only if i got heroic tokens, too bad i didn't bother with it much.

Deleted
    First, I got normal Gurth, Second. I still got no awnser. And obviously Im not going 3x dps, thats for scrubs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play with 2piece T13 (Hc chest+Hc legs) and Hc Slicer. I have 4009 resil. I use pvp enchants on shoulders and helm, 40 resil on chest, str+resil gems on yellow slots. But if You're not comfortable with 4k resil then go with set bonus. Extra HoPo makes the spec something completly different imo.

firstly, you need to regem your pants and shoulders. It's a +30 and +20 str bonus so you're missing some free secondary stats by gemming pure str. Also, crit -> haste is bad I think... rather go the other way

... oh and go gurth+2pc. Bubble on cd, always!

Deleted
    my vote goes for ret 2pc ( your best 2 pieces but always pvp Gloves) + gurth as the proc slow gets you kills to often not to use it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get trained by anyone. If I do, I swap to Seal of Insight and Cs, judge and slowly widdle someone down. Now depending on whats going on you may need to swap aura's too. Eg. Melee use Devo, and casters use Resistance. We have to do alot of wonky things to survive sometimes, and dont even get me started on Seal of Justice and that stupid mechanic and the fact that judgement should work on that.

I swap out gear on a per death basis, and sometimes I do go full resil but it really depends on the scenario.
    If you can, ideally you'd use the Pve Shoulders, and Pve legs as the Pvp chest has a good chunk of crit on it.

Unfortunately when leaving a bg/arena its no longer telling my friends about this awesome tv that hit so hard I couldn't believe it.... It's more about oh man I almost died and I WoG'ed for 100+k

Armory : Fear@Cho'Gall UI Screen : Elv UI Wow Progress : Vindictive
    Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770

Why is everyone using a terrible 2 piece? Gurth is overrated for PVP. Use legs and shoulders (even if they are RF) and the cata weapon.

Deleted
    I voted for Gurth, because the other option is wrong and a lie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by natijs4 View Post
    Why is everyone using a terrible 2 piece? Gurth is overrated for PVP. Use legs and shoulders (even if they are RF) and the cata weapon.
    Shoulders have Haste useless piece to use for PvP, Legs and Helm are the best 2 items with Chest and Legs being 2nd best. Gurth is considerable better then anything other then T2 410 the snare really can't be beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think shoulder+legs are the best combo.

1) Shoulders have lower item budget so you dont lose as much resil.
    2) PvE shoulders have one extra socket which is always good.
    3) The amount of haste after reforge isnt a lot so its not too much waste.
    4) Helm has tons of hit + expertise. It'll probably make you go over cap thus waste stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Shoulders have Haste useless piece to use for PvP, Legs and Helm are the best 2 items with Chest and Legs being 2nd best. Gurth is considerable better then anything other then T2 410 the snare really can't be beat.
    Uh, wat? Gurth's uptime is bad and the extra hp generation + being able to generate hp while kiting far outweighs Gurth. And chest? PVP chest has crit compared to haste/mastery on the tier chest. So that is horribly wrong. And you want to avoid expertise, which the tier helm has a shit ton of and so does the PVP shoulders. Thus, using T13 shoulders/legs.

Also, the snare from Gurth is what you think makes it good? Do you just duel all day? Because unless you're playing like double ret 2s, it's really not your job to be snaring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by natijs4 View Post
    Uh, wat? Gurth's uptime is bad and the extra hp generation + being able to generate hp while kiting far outweighs Gurth. And chest? PVP chest has crit compared to haste/mastery on the tier chest. So that is horribly wrong. And you want to avoid expertise, which the tier helm has a shit ton of and so does the PVP shoulders. Thus, using T13 shoulders/legs.

Also, the snare from Gurth is what you think makes it good? Do you just duel all day? Because unless you're playing like double ret 2s, it's really not your job to be snaring.
    Even though Gurth has a lot of downtime, it's still awesome, because when it procs it puts out amazing pressure.

Gurth is a 403 weapon while cata is 397. So your top end dmg is higher.
    Personally i would go for HC gurth > HC slicer > Normal Gurth > Cata
    in some cases you might wanna go for cata over normal gurth but only when you are playing a setup where you need all the resi (rogue/feral)

Same counts for the 2p T13 both the normal and HC version are prefferable but only when you dont need the resi.
    The bone link trinket is amazing for 3's and BG's and ive had alot of fun with that trinket.

PVP is about killing stuff and not to get killed,
    2P T13 + Bone link + Gurth = ALOT more output in dmg
    Full Cata with Cata weap = Alot less output but anywhere around 700/800 more resilience depending on your enchants/gems

Quote Originally Posted by niteline View Post
    Gurth is a 403 weapon while cata is 397. So your top end dmg is higher.
    Personally i would go for HC gurth > HC slicer > Normal Gurth > Cata
    in some cases you might wanna go for cata over normal gurth but only when you are playing a setup where you need all the resi (rogue/feral)

Same counts for the 2p T13 both the normal and HC version are prefferable but only when you dont need the resi.
    The bone link trinket is amazing for 3's and BG's and ive had alot of fun with that trinket.

PVP is about killing stuff and not to get killed,
    2P T13 + Bone link + Gurth = ALOT more output in dmg
    Full Cata with Cata weap = Alot less output but anywhere around 700/800 more resilience depending on your enchants/gems
    You just stated obvious facts instead of helping OP. Of course Gurth does more damage. Of course you can do more damage if you don't wear resilience gear. OP is asking for a choice between the two. And wearing the 2 piece is way better.

Also, if you're gonna use a PVE trinket, use Creche.