Deleted

Beware: Bug freezes your account if you swap shield between Demon Hunter <-> Templar.

As the subject says; see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4078907877

And it doesn't just break your demon hunter; you are completely unable to log into D3 at all on any character.

I was just going to post the same thing.... that really sucks for those people.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, does this only happen on the DH or any class that does this?

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    So, does this only happen on the DH or any class that does this?
    Switched on my Barb with no issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Switched on my Barb with no issues at all.
    The bug only occurs when swapping between equipped armor slots. You can swap to and from inventory. Which did you do?

Thanks for the heads up. Demon Hunter is the first class I plan to play so it's good to know this issue exists. From what I can tell on the official forum post(s) it happens when you swap an equipped shield with the templar. One person said his/her inventory was full so maybe that's part of the problem. Regardless, I'll just make sure to trade only shields in my inventory and not a shield I currently have equipped.

Deleted
    All the people I have seen posting about it have been Demon Hunters. But, I wouldn't take the chance on getting my account frozen playing some other class. Be safe; only move items to/from your inventory.

I feel like I have done this before in the beta. Maybe it wasn't a shield though.

It does seem to only affect DH's:

http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-trac...ed-error-3006/

Followers
    When playing a Demon Hunter, giving a shield to your Templar before you kill Jondar and hire him can disconnect you from Battle.net.

may I ask, What's a Templar? I mean I know its a holy knight but in game what is it that im not supposed to swap a shield to? is it a skill or a merc?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkagial View Post
    may I ask, What's a Templar? I mean I know its a holy knight but in game what is it that im not supposed to swap a shield to? is it a skill or a merc?
    the templar is the first follower you get in d3.

OT; moral of the story, dont use a shield on a DH.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

kk thanks a bunch man... I really wanted to roll a DH and was scared a bit

10+ Year Old Account
    FUUUUU, and I was gonna make my DH first. Oh well, time to start monk if I can defeat the error 3006 boss. Woot! Beat error 3006 boss, unfortunately I am too scared to try and create a second char and the only one I have is my DH.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2012-05-15 at 08:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

15+ Year Old Account
    easy solution: dont give that templar a shield until jondar is dealt with.
    although, for those it already happened, it sucks.

Deleted
    Sadly, the game still breaks even if you give him a shield later in the game. It is getting to be a long list of people locked out of the game now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    The bug only occurs when swapping between equipped armor slots. You can swap to and from inventory. Which did you do?
    just want to quote this. since basically you shouldnt run around with a shield as a DH (except you don't have anything else), it should be fine if you equip the templar only from the inventory.

What in gawds name is anyone using a shield with a DH for in the first place?

Deleted
    Fill up that empty offhand with something more useful than an empty hand?

Me, I got a 2-hand bow that was way better than the starter weapon early on. Then it took til many levels later (like 8), before I got a new decent 1-hand and I had dumped the starter weapon. So I wanted to put something in the other hand. Best thing I had was that +4 dexterity +some treasure finding shield that I had put on my templar. If only I had known....

15+ Year Old Account
    How the fuck does something like this even crop up? Locking your entire account out? Jesus.