15+ Year Old Account

Stress test, shmess test

So um, I thought blizz was prepared for this. Silly me for thinking I could play D3 right now
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    So um, I thought blizz was prepared for this. Silly me for thinking I could play D3 right now

grats
    Trust your doubt. Always fight for your beliefs. That is the path beyond thought.

15+ Year Old Account
    LOL nice vid
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

I know exactly how they stress test their servers and i hardly think they can do better. How would you to handle hundreds of thousand of people logging on at the same time?

Stress test is to test how much the servers can handle. Doesn't mean the servers can suddenly handle 10x as much as normal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Stress test is to test how much the servers can handle. Doesn't mean the servers can suddenly handle 10x as much as normal.
    Correct. That's why they should have planned around the 10x amount on opening night. You know, roll the launch over the timezones rather then have all of the US log in at once? Allocate additional servers on a temp basis (yes, I know that costs money and time... but you know their servers will need replacements so bring some extra servers on then pull them off when things stabilize and use them as parts for active servers after)
    "And then, as though awoken from a blind stupor,the people of the internet realised that: no one gives a damn.
    And no damns were given." - Calon, MMO-Champion (source)

Quote Originally Posted by Eisaderfrau View Post
    Correct. That's why they should have planned around the 10x amount on opening night. You know, roll the launch over the timezones rather then have all of the US log in at once? Allocate additional servers on a temp basis (yes, I know that costs money and time... but you know their servers will need replacements so bring some extra servers on then pull them off when things stabilize and use them as parts for active servers after)
    But that costs money. And just like any self serving company that's all actiblizz cares about.
    Troll McCarthyism is sad

Deleted
    Please don't create additional threads about the launch issues, there are quite a few open already.