Diablo 3 on metacritic

Just thought I'd point it out that 4chan is spam giving Diablo 0 rated reviews on metacritic, incase anyone was curious and wanted to rate/review it.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii
    Last edited by Lassira; 2012-05-15 at 10:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And who the hell gives a crap about metacritic? One of the most broken and easily swayed scoring systems there is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    And who the hell gives a crap about metacritic? One of the most broken and easily swayed scoring systems there is.
    blizzard dont care, they have sold so many copies that reviews dont mean much now

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    Yeah, this pretty much proves it.
    Sucks because major reviews are often very shady, but when you try to let users review games this happens.

Deleted
    I thought so, but that's the problem with viewer reviews. Unless its a giant sample the numbers can be influenced by people spamming a 0 or 10. A game isn't a 0 unless it does everything wrong, but people always give it when "omg this was so stupid". But there are also a lot of people throwing out 10's with the same reason. If a game is mediocre, it will even out, if a game is great it will plummet down. Just ban people that don't actually put something as to WHY they give a grade and be done with it. If you make a site like that, at least control it.

Actually read a bunch of them. Some of the bad reviews make plenty of sense. I don't see spammage of 0 ratings without reason (there are some, but much less than half). I dunno what the OP is talking about.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    I thought so, but that's the problem with viewer reviews. Unless its a giant sample the numbers can be influenced by people spamming a 0 or 10. A game isn't a 0 unless it does everything wrong, but people always give it when "omg this was so stupid". But there are also a lot of people throwing out 10's with the same reason. If a game is mediocre, it will even out, if a game is great it will plummet down. Just ban people that don't actually put something as to WHY they give a grade and be done with it. If you make a site like that, at least control it.
    No game of film is a zero, that just goes to show the mental age of the people reviewing things
    But i for one would love to see a fair score to decided if i should purchase it or not

Deleted
    A lot of these bad reviews give reasons like "I couldn't log on", that's all nice and swell because obviously it sucks (I haven't even been able to install properly yet due to bugs and errors) but the fact that you can't play the game doesn't make it a bad game. It has just launched of course the servers are going to be unstable at first!

On a wild guess I'm guessing enough people have already bought this for Blizz not to care about reviews anymore =P

Deleted
    It's Metacritic, plus it's people from 4chan voting, it's expected for them to do something like that because they probably think it will troll the fanbase.
    But imo, if you like the game enough you really shouldn't care about user reviews on a site like metacritic.

I just killed Diablo on normal. So basically I've seen all the game content. There will be nothing more but increased difficulty and month of farming ahead.

I can rank D3 7/10, but not more than that.

To be honest, I'm a little bit dissapointed. I was waiting for a miracle. For the GAME. For revolution on the game market. I was waiting for 13 years.

But I see nothing but just an ordinary game above average quality. Nothing new in gameplay, nothing new in graphics, nicely done cinematics, but not better than ones that blizzard did 5-7 years ago, music is not as great as it was in d2.

This game would be AMAZINGLY good for year 2005. But its not good enough for 2012.

I dont know. I don't like all that zero rates on purpose, but I understand that some people are as dissapointed as I am, so I can't blame them for doing that.

Metacritic lol

Deleted
    That type of video game reviewing is a joke all by itself, what's the point in listening to random "experts".

Even worse when the clueless accountants take those seriously and decide to pay the devs accordingly. Publishers of video games, that don't play video games

Deleted

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    I just killed Diablo on normal. So basically I've seen all the game content. There will be nothing more but increased difficulty and month of farming ahead.

I can rank D3 7/10, but not more than that.

To be honest, I'm a little bit dissapointed. I was waiting for a miracle. For the GAME. For revolution on the game market. I was waiting for 13 years.

But I see nothing but just an ordinary game above average quality. Nothing new in gameplay, nothing new in graphics, nicely done cinematics, but not better than ones that blizzard did 5-7 years ago, music is not as great as it was in d2.

This game would be AMAZINGLY good for year 2005. But its not good enough for 2012.

I dont know. I don't like all that zero rates on purpose, but I understand that some people are as dissapointed as I am, so I can't blame them for doing that.

When Torchlight 2, a game with much smaller budget, can compete face-to-face with the holy failed grial (a.k.a Diablo 3) there's something rotten @ Blizzard. The quality of the latest Blizzard's games / expansions (except for Starcraft 2) is surprisingly poor.

Deleted
    Starcraft 2 was forgettable. Only hardcore enthusiasts play that RTS now.

The units looked like toys and the gameplay is bare bones basic. Boring and overrated RTS.

D3 is certaintly the better of Blizzard's recent releases (LOLCATA, STARLOL 2), by a large margin.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma443 View Post
    When Torchlight 2, a game with much smaller budget, can compete face-to-face with the holy failed grial (a.k.a Diablo 3) there's something rotten @ Blizzard. The quality of the latest Blizzard's games / expansions (except for Starcraft 2) is surprisingly poor.
    Really, you're calling Starcraft 2 good quality?

Allow me to disregard your opinion, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Really, you're calling Starcraft 2 good quality?

Allow me to disregard your opinion, then.
    Starcraft 2 had the shittiest story I have had pleasure to see in ages, that is was such a simple minded cheese feat it's just a joke. However I dare you tofindmore balanced rts out there currently.
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"