Page 1 of 2
LastLast

From the best day, to the worst.

So diablo 3 comes out. I go to midnight release, I've been waiting for this game since d2 came out and this is my most anticipated game of my life (i'm 18 btw). Get home, wait 3 hours to play. 3:00 am arrives, I attempt to log on for an hour and a half and finally get on around 4:33 pm, it gets much worse. Play for while and get to level 19 while me, my brother, and my friend stay up all night, skip school, and play until we drop. As 9:30 comes around, my computer just shuts off. I spend 30 minutes trying to fix it until I open up my case. Turns out my video card was totally fried on my fairly expensive and 3 week old computer that was given to me as a high school graduation gift. Spent 2 hours talking to foreigners on tech support, having to ask them to repeat every other word. Now I'm here telling you guys how I'm missing my favorite game of all time and now await the service center to get my computer so I can wait 7-10 business days (at least 2 weeks) to get my computer back and catch up to my friends who will most likely be on hell by then. Screw me right?

Deleted
    You have my sympathies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn man, that's tough. Can't you maybe play a few hours every once in a while at a friend's house or a lan house? You know, just to fend off the jonesings until you wait these next 2 weeks.

The sad truth is that they want to play the game just as much as me lol. I'm attempting to play it on my old PC on 800 x 600 resolution with all graphics on low. Hopefully I can at least play by myself with no frame rate issues.

Damn mate I feel for ya. Good luck
    God and maths? Hmm, the letter to alpha relation would be 7 - 15 - 4. Since it's all one word, it's safe to assume it's multiplication so it'd be 7*15*4=420. So realistically, god is related to cannabis? Perhaps that's what they were expecting you to write.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, your not the first guy I've seen on the forums to say how playing D3 messed up there graphics card either. Its ridiculous, why can't they give us more details on what the games capacity is for this and at least make it accessible for those who can't afford to run out and buy a new graphics card.

One mmo I played was champions online, and in that game, the system managed to sense if a graphics card is not able to run at the settings the player has set it to, and resets itself to a lower setting to suit for that card.
    You'd think old blizz be up to speed with something like this, if it costs you so much, I don't know why you can't blame the manufacturer for causing your card to pop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the servers are down and probably will be for a while if that makes you feel any better
    Signatures are overrated.

Switch to us servers.They are working fine.

I feel ya bro, I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    You have my sympathies.
    ^

TBH I was expecting yet another whiny "QQ ERROR 37!" thread, but I seriously feel for you. In all the times my computer just shut down and wouldn't work as intended, I pretty much cried as I'm not too experienced in computers

Here's what you're missing right now though:

Dragon9870 attempts to Log In!
    Dragon9870 takes 10,000 points of damage!
    Dragon9870 has been fatally one-shot...
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

My graphics card was a Radeon ATI 6750 which i realize isn't top-of-the-line, but it's definitely not a bad card. I could run WoW on ultra with 60 fps in Orgrimmar on US-Illidan, so I don't think Diablo 3 was really pushing my card to limits. I really don't know, but later in the afternoon, my friend who was at my house playing with me started blue screening after about 8 hours of off and on gaming. His computer was built from scratch and costed him probably close to $1,600. He even has a better video card than me (although I can't seem to remember which one specifically). BTW thanks for all the sympathy

Yea? My girlfriend turned into the moon.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Funny.. my AMD Raedon messed up after installing D3

Quote Originally Posted by Ischmitie View Post
    My graphics card was a Radeon ATI 6750 which i realize isn't top-of-the-line, but it's definitely not a bad card. I could run WoW on ultra with 60 fps in Orgrimmar on US-Illidan, so I don't think Diablo 3 was really pushing my card to limits. I really don't know, but later in the afternoon, my friend who was at my house playing with me started blue screening after about 8 hours of off and on gaming. His computer was built from scratch and costed him probably close to $1,600. He even has a better video card than me (although I can't seem to remember which one specifically). BTW thanks for all the sympathy
    You absolutely could not run at 60 on everything ultra on that busy of a server, and that's a cpu halting issue, wow takes huge framerate hits when you're dealing with giant amounts of players. My sympathy flew out the window when you started lying about stuff like that.

lol 1st world problems. yes it sucks, but if that's your only problem then you are doing just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel for u man.. i would die if something like that happent.. i tho havent heared bout diablo at all until a few months ago ^^ mainly since i dident know u even could play on a comp when i was little.. since my dad always had a mac =P so u must hate me loads as well.. been trying for hours too get in.. have gotten too play about 3 hours.. then its just "servers are busy etc" now i cant even start the game because it says it cant start the "updater"(tho now i apprently got in but its still the error 75/37 so still.. fu blizz) all i can say too blizz is

i might not be the most uber diablo fan.. but those 3 hours was dammed fun.. i dont rly care for the whole online deal.. atleast not for those 3 hours.. mainly wanted too try the game.. and now i have learned that if u equipt your companion with a shield.. u are doomed
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/15/di...lower-a-shield

so.. this sux, sux indeed

10+ Year Old Account
    D3 did not 'mess up' anyones card.

That's like saying the road messed up your car when it went over 50mph. It's not the roads fault. The car SHOULD be able to go that fast. But it didn't, due to manufacturing fault.

You can't "Push a card to its limit" and make it explode or fail (granted, you can run at max settings for a long time, and the heat would certainly reduce the life time, but we're talking a timeframe of years).

If your card failed due to high graphics, it was a damaged or faulty card in the first place.

There are some rare cases of driver issues with beta drivers, but those are few and far between (yes, I remember the SC2 issue).

It definitely sucks, but don't blame D3 or Blizzard because your hardware failed. Blame the manufacturer.

You should be able to get a replacement card from Best Buy or some other store that will do a 30 day money back deal and use it while you are waiting for the replacement card to be mailed to you.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ischmitie View Post
    while the game in itself wont fry your computer.... a 24-48 game session without decent cooling in there will.... just saying

10+ Year Old Account
    the diablo actully warned me before i started it that my graphic card maby wasent good enough.. but turned of shadows and all that crap, i dont play a massive beat them up / smash many zombies game for the graphic