Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A year down the road it will be funny to say "Remember all that rage a year ago when we couldn't play D3 for a few hours, that was silly" I do feel bad for the people who arranged to have the day off work though.

10+ Year Old Account
    HILARIOUS. The guy has an issue with the game so he's venting a little bit. Since it's your favourite chosen developer and your horse in the race however you've decided to gang up on him. Like kids in the yard... Instead of shouting this guy down you should be shouting at the developer who runs the most massive mmo in the world but can get piddlin diablo servers up for people to play.

Deleted
    Funny, all the posts in this thread regarding me being unjustified in my complaints seem to think that either it's okay for D3 to be so broken a day after release (which it's not, they should have expected this server load.) and also they point to DRM being a good thing. Uhu.

There is a problem with achievements only showing up client side, and not logging server side. If they don't fix this problem now, there will later be a PR mess to clean up with people complaining how they didn't get their achievements.

The kids nowadays are so impatient and nerd rage SO much. It's hilarious and these comments are great reads. People need to learn to relax a bit. There is always problems with online games in the beginning. Give it a few days and it'll be sorted out. I guarantee within a few weeks, those people whining will stop once everything is better and move onto the next thing to bitch about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baaltheron View Post
    You're not smart.
    Unplug your internet and tell me it's a single player game.

I double dare you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny, all the posts in this thread regarding me being unjustified in my complaints seem to think that either it's okay for D3 to be so broken a day after release (which it's not, they should have expected this server load.) and also they point to DRM being a good thing. Uhu.
    It is kind of disturbing that people are HAPPY with Always-online DRM. Shit in my mouth, please!

How about you go make your own gaming franchise and we'll see how perfect everything is that will never need to have bug fixes or maintenance, and you can run things your way.
    In the mean time, quit your whining and let the real experts run their company the way they want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by megrim View Post
    A year down the road it will be funny to say "Remember all that rage a year ago when we couldn't play D3 for a few hours, that was silly" I do feel bad for the people who arranged to have the day off work though.
    I was thinking more along the lines of, "remember when we could play single player games without an internet connection?"
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

It's a single player game.
    Not only that, but if this was any other company, people would be rioting in the streets. The dualities in behaviors is quite entertaining.

A quick edit: I can hear it all now "What?! Day one maintenance and bug fixes?! This is 2012, not 2005! This shit shouldn't be happening anymore!" then Diablo III enters the scene, doing the same thing: "Calm the hell down, you people are over-reacting. Bugs will exist! Maintenance happens! This isn't the end of the world. Go outside."

It never becomes droll.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2012-05-15 at 09:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paigeyotto View Post
    How about you go make your own gaming franchise and we'll see how perfect everything is that will never need to have bug fixes or maintenance, and you can run things your way.
    In the mean time, quit your whining and let the real experts run their company the way they want to.
    Do you even know what DRM is? They aren't experts, and you are some deluded fanboy.

Red face

Welcome to the future of gaming... Get used to it. After years of pirating games, companies are doing what they have to to make sure that people are actually paying for the games they enjoy. Look up the Playstation 4 used game policy if you want to learn more. It's coming, get used to it

Do you even know what DRM is? They aren't experts, and you are some deluded fanboy.
    Not at all, just annoyed with everyone pissing and moaning.

Deleted
    Oh, this forum is terrible, full of uninformed fanboys. Don't bother posting any more, I won't be indulging in your attempts to aggravate me. It's time to watch a movie.

Edit: Obviously not directed at the few people with sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    It is kind of disturbing that people are HAPPY with Always-online DRM. Shit in my mouth, please!
    DRM was one of the reasons i didn't buy diablo 3.

I don't have anything against the game, and would play it if given the chance, but i refuse to give blizzard my money for this diablo sham.

Kind of hilarious that four of the first 16 hours during the 'release', the servers are offline and we can't play.

Its almost making me want to go down a server emulator so that I don't have to deal with Blizzard anymore.
    And yes, there are working servers out there already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    Not only that, but if this was any other company, people would be rioting in the streets. The dualities in behaviors is quite entertaining.
    Outright Hypocrisy is the word your looking for. It's disgusting and blatant. Personally I understand their are problems and issues with all games at release, that's more or less the nature of software these days. But many people are to quick to defend blizzard but not keep the standards for other developers.

You're playing a multiplayer game solo.

D1 and D2 had true singleplayer, but as it is, D3 is a multiplayer only game that you can play solo if you like. Unfortunately that's just how it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how people are using the fact that it's a single player game (ignoring the fact that it's also multiplayer) as some sort of valid(?) leverage too their whining about how launch day is messy, while at the same time acting surprised.

Most of you also got it for free.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD