Deleted

Character Saving?

I wonder where do the characters get saved? I just installed Diablo 3 on my laptop, logged in and didn't saw my barbarian.

They aren't stored on my local harddrive, because it said it would be on battle.net? If they are saved on my computer locally, how can I put them over to my laptop?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's server side, just like wow; you should be able to log in from anywhere and play with your characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just logged in, and my witchdr is no where to be found - WTF?!?! /RAGE

Think they r on battle net but there was issues earlier where people could not see their chars they r there just not available atm which is why i think they took servers down to address said issues

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by m2geek View Post
    I just logged in, and my witchdr is no where to be found - WTF?!?! /RAGE
    Same for me... logged in from my PC and my information is gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    I wonder where do the characters get saved? I just installed Diablo 3 on my laptop, logged in and didn't saw my barbarian.

They aren't stored on my local harddrive, because it said it would be on battle.net? If they are saved on my computer locally, how can I put them over to my laptop?
    most likely you logged in on american servers and your other char is on european server, or vice versa

There is some problems with character retrieval in this busy period, but otherwise it'll be saved server-side. Unless you're talking about a beta character, in which case it got wiped (as they all did).
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are server problems right now. Just wait a bit and they'll show back up.

Deleted
    Then there is nothing for me to worry about I'll just wait until tommorow. Glad my friends actually showed up

10+ Year Old Account
    This also has the downside of no Hero Editor (for now).
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

WTF I just logged in ( on European Server, where I created my chars) and they have all been deleted. I had no achievemnets, nothing.
    Blizz is really pissing me off. Realisng D3 after 20 years and more than 5 years of work the game is not close to ready to be sold and played.
    Server problems, millions of erros and again my fuckin chars got deleted.

Do you guys know how to solve this problem, is this a general issue? I hope this chars chars get restored soon, because this is really annoying.

The servers are really buggy, they have many many more people logging on than when they had the open beta stress testing. Your characters will most likely be there in the next 24 hours and if not just open a ticket and they will be restored.

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

Helo Sir,

I have found your characters. After contacting Mr. Al Gore creator of the internet it seems your character has been stuck in the pipes somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean between the Atlanta area and the tube connecting your home. I wish you the best of luck in your barb finding his way home, I hear they removed all the lamps in the tubes because they're going green.
    Trust your doubt. Always fight for your beliefs. That is the path beyond thought.