Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Diablo 3 Race to world first!

So I am seeing a lot of news about a contest that is going on for this. However I am curious whether the best time will be the winner or just the first person to do it. The reason is because EU and other regions were able to start playing sooner, which in turn gives them a head start on this challenge. Any clarification on this would be appreciated! I am not one who is going to be going for this challenge, but I am interested in seeing who gets it, and I would like it to be fair for everyone.

I always wondered what drives people to get a world first in MMOs. (Yea yea Diablo's not an "MMO", whatever).

Honestly, can any of you name, off the top of your head and without looking it up, who got world first in any game? I mean it's cool I guess, someone's gotta be the first, but people seriously play hours upon hours, foregoing anything and everything else to get world first, and for what? 15 minutes of e-fame?

Not trolling/flaming/knockin those who do it, but honestly curious as to what drives people to want to get it done first?

Deleted
    Where have you seen this?

10+ Year Old Account
    no one actually cares about this - there's no skill involved in grinding a toon up to cap in a game like diablo unless you're playing HC

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You may be right Jack, but there is still a competition going on. I care to know how it is being done. Nobody else really has to. Diablofans.com has it on their site, first article I believe. And also Jack, it is for World First Inferno Mode, from what I have heard, Athene flew top WoW players to his home to achieve Inferno Mode world first. I would never make a post about normal mode world first lol.

Im a normal mode diablo player so I wont be in hardcore that much. However... I am interested in seeing the FIRST HC inferno clear. Not something I care enough to try to do, but ill give a nice clap for the person who does it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, I mean me and some friends may attempt to clear it, but we won't be trying to get it done first. I can't even get on with the servers full, lol. Either way, I just want the US players to have the same access that all other regions do, gotta rep my US players!! :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragenerdz View Post
    I just want the US players to have the same access that all other regions do, gotta rep my US players!! :P
    Why should they? EU is hours behind in WoW every single patch yet manages to compete (mostly surpass) with american/asian competition. Im sure the difference in server time won't matter, much the same way it never matters in wow