Purchase Diablo without Annual Pass?

I am not sure i would have bought Diablo with out all the trimmings offered when I bought the one year subscription to wow. At the time it was just a sweet deal to me. A free 60 dollar game for something I would have already payed for was perfect for me.

Having never played I or II, I wasnt a fan or looking forward to it, it was just something I was getting. I had played a much cheaper version of hack and slash called FATE which was taken directly from Diablo.

Now that I have played I am hooked. I wish i had studied up, I wish i had researched more , more theorycraft on spells, tried to get into beta etc etc.

I went on normal and had the Skeleton king down fairly quickly, about 2 hours, and that was with really looking around , then spider queen and tehn the server was shut down.

I have now been frothing at the mouth all afternoon to get back on and now we have baseball tonight, AAAUUUGGGHH.

The point that has me wondering is how many like me are out there? It had a big fan base already, but i want to know who has been hooked in by Blizz's Annual Pass and are thrilled about it. There has to be a ton of people just like me.

Can you still buy the year to WoW and get DIABLO ?
    -The look on your face when a toddler rips out your heart and shows it to you?
    -Priceless
    -For everything else, There's FWOOSH.

Quote Originally Posted by digger66 View Post
    I have now been frothing at the mouth all afternoon to get back on and now we have baseball tonight, AAAUUUGGGHH.
    Stay awhile and listen...

Actually, this will be short - the Diablo series could possibly be one of the most addictive franchises there is. DII and DII: LoD has robbed many hours from my life. i expect nothing less from the latest emergence of the burning hells. (I seriously contemplated calling in to work today to stay home and vanquish more of diablo's minions)

10+ Year Old Account
    Having never played it before either I didn't care about the game coming out. I bought the annual pass for the mount so the free game was just extra. Since I was getting it for free I started to care more about diablo like when is it coming out already etc. the little bit I have played so far has been fun though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakar View Post
    Can you still buy the year to WoW and get DIABLO ?
    No. The Annual Pass promotion is over.

And, to be clear, you didn't buy a year of WoW. You just agreed to stay subscribed for 12 months. The differences are subtle but real, especially if you were planning on staying in any case.

@digger66: I was jazzed when they announced the AP with beta access and D3. I'm quite happy with how it's worked out.

I played D1+D2 and didn't know if I was going to play D3 too much. I got the AP, just like you, and I knew I was going to play it, but not sure to what extent. My brother-in-law got into beta a few weeks before it ended and I tried a Witch Doctor on his account and right away I knew that months and months would be dedicated to Diablo 3 at that moment. Best part is, I didn't have to buy it! (I still play WoW regularly, do a lot of PvP with my sis, so AP was definitely worth it)

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure i would have bought Diablo with out all the trimmings offered when I bought the one year subscription to wow. At the time it was just a sweet deal to me. A free 60 dollar game for something I would have already payed for was perfect for me.

Having never played I or II, I wasnt a fan or looking forward to it, it was just something I was getting. I had played a much cheaper version of hack and slash called FATE which was taken directly from Diablo.

Now that I have played I am hooked. I wish i had studied up, I wish i had researched more , more theorycraft on spells, tried to get into beta etc etc.

I went on normal and had the Skeleton king down fairly quickly, about 2 hours, and that was with really looking around , then spider queen and tehn the server was shut down.

The point that has me wondering is how many like me are out there? It had a big fan base already, but i want to know who has been hooked in by Blizz's Annual Pass and are thrilled about it. There has to be a ton of people just like me.
    Well hopefully you continue to play WoW otherwise your copy of D3 cost you $180 vs $60. That is why I did not do the pass and I havent played WoW since Sept so in all actuality it would not have been a smart move for me.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Well hopefully you continue to play WoW otherwise your copy of D3 cost you $180 vs $60. That is why I did not do the pass and I havent played WoW since Sept so in all actuality it would not have been a smart move for me.

Thats not true. I bought the annual pass last sept or Oct. Read carefully I would have paid for WoW anyway, and still do run my auctions weekly though i havent raided in a month or 2. I get on occcasionally to run my friends thru some stuff on alst. Plus teh mount and mop beta.

I am now more into the game than before. lvl 20 Demonhunter with my templar tank and bola cloptrap every thing to death. Game is terrific.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly the same here. Never had played Diablo before, and only became interested over the last month. I downloaded Diablo 2 for a tester n found it quite funky in gameplay.
    Booked 2 days off work to play a bit and to go riding. Spent more time on the game if anything. It's addictive, real fun and is just something I needed. For once a game that is not FPS, not an MMORPG, and is just fresh to me.

Don't get me wrong, I know hack n slash dungeon crawlers have been out there for ages. It's just not occurred to me to give it a try. After all from an outside view they just look repetitive and slightly dull. I was wrong!

Overall proud this offer came along. Was gonna be subbed to WoW anyhow, one huge ass bonus this was!
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

I actually didn't know anything about Diablo III other than that it existed and the cinematic they played at Blizzcon was pretty cool. But now that I've been playing diablo it is so much fun, I can't remember the last time I was so excited to get back home and play a game. If I knew it was this good I would have definitely bought the collector's edition.

In my own network of friends (20+), 3 of them bought the annual pass. A lot of them had left wow some time ago. However, I saw people login on last night I havent seen in over a year. The three people who bought the annual pass were already considering getting d3 as we kinda of expected it would drop during the wow lull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats not true. I bought the annual pass last sept or Oct. Read carefully I would have paid for WoW anyway
    I encourage you to follow your own advice =)

I said hopefully you continue playing WoW, "continue playing" being the key part of that statement. If your having more fun in D3 and stop logging into WoW, your copy of D3 cost a lot more via the annual pass was the point i was trying to make. Where as I haven't logged into WoW since Sept and it would not have been a smart purchase for me. If you continue to log in, even to play the AH then yes it was a wise investment.