Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    approx 2 hours till servers back up according to Blizzard twitter notices...

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Update:

"Americas region service update at: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...75175?page=1#0 Service expected to return by 11:45 p.m. PDT as we work to resolve these issues."
    they are trying to cram another 256mb of ram into the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post
    I did read your entire post sephrinx. You were mad about the d/c just like everyone else. Your whole post however was based around your statement that I quoted. People DO have the right to get upset if they don't get what they paid for.

To everyone else, YES I knew what I was getting into with the online only, and that's the aspect that pissed me off the most about the game when I first heard about it weeks ago. YES they could have made an offline mode, IF they didn't feel the need to have an AH. Even then, you could connect just for that or for co-op play. Tell me, anyone, why they couldn't have an offline mode? I can play Skyrim totally offline; why not D3? Because Blizzard didn't WANT people to play offline. They wanted to force people to rely on their servers to enjoy the game, and to "encourage" co-op play and interaction. You know what I remember the most about D1? Playing it for hours on my PS with my friend, trying to get the right prefix/suffix gear to drop to spend our piles of gold we had lying in the town square on. Offline, no care about AHs, RealIDs, anything. And it was FUN with no service interruption.

In 2-3 days, if/when the servers are "stable", I will remember the irritation on launch day and the day after, and who knows how many more days after that. Hopefully I will go back to enjoying the game, and not be playing in fear of another server crash or internet hiccup to disrupt my meal/car/lapdance/gameplay. :P

Absolutely, 100 percent, this.

/end thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Update:

"Americas region service update at: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...75175?page=1#0 Service expected to return by 11:45 p.m. PDT as we work to resolve these issues."
    Ouch, that's 1:45 AM my time and I've got a day job. Night folks, and good luck.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I'm just upset because I purchase a service and expect to receive what I pay for. Though over time this company's mindset has slowly dwindled to "We will launch and worry about problems later." Any half-brain Network IT knows that releasing a highly anticipated ONLINE game would be slammed by requests if you make it a "near" global launch.

They had absolutely no Trickle down effect of a log in. Where every timezone at 12 or so could log in. All due to fairness in accessibility, though in hindsight they fail to realize that uninterrupted service/Gameplay is FAR more enjoyable than "fairness in acceptability". It should be quality standards at top notch.

Now I realize it isn't I that is running the business and I'm not operating for millions of users, but a little bit more preparation goes a long way in Consumer Satisfaction and I'm the consumer; a fairly upset one.

And yes I'm entitled to being this upset.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    people defending blizzard for releasing an untested and broken game are stupid
    What?

WHAAAAAT?!

I just...there aren't enough words to combat the stupidity of such a statement. Do you not remember the open beta TEST? Not to mention all the closed beta testing? I don't even know, buddy. Maybe you should buy an N64 and not worry about new games and online play.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    people defending blizzard for releasing an untested and broken game are stupid
    People who think server problems have everything to do with game testing are stupid.

People and Americans in general think that just because they throw their money at something it should be flawless, perfect, and even wipe your ass for you if you want, when the reality is that it's not, and most of them probably couldn't make a product with 1/10 the quality or care that Blizzard does. Your money entitles you to Blizzard getting the product into a condition where it is stable and working in a timely fashion. Nothing more.

Boohoo servers are unstable, but the reality is you won't even care in a week, you'll still be playing the game because it's awesome. Cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it.

The IT professionals in here saying that this is a simple problem obviously haven't handled servers with millions of users trying to access them simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Here we go, finally a notice on the log in page:

Looks like all of battle.net is down, not just D3.
    They lied. Look at my computer's clock for proof. (PS: I'm East Coast)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Think of it this way. No problems on launch day with Cata, and Cata turned out to be a pile of poo. Problems on launch day of D3, will mean it turns out to be an amazing gaming experience.
    Have to admit... I lol'd..... DANG YOU!
    Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    To everyone bitching: "i payed for the game and can't play, this is an infringement on my rights as a consumer!" You signed this thing called an EULA when you installed the game that says otherwise. so get over it.
    EULAs aren't binding outside the United Corporations of America.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    EULAs aren't binding outside the United Corporations of America.
    I guess if your country doesn't honor or defend legally binding contracts then you have a case.

They will be down for another hour and half...

Not trying to troll or anything, just a funny gif about all this madness :

http://s18.postimage.org/pv2a96xvb/D3servers2.gif
    Last edited by Chora; 2012-05-16 at 05:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's ridiculous! I want to see twilight breaking dawn part 7 and they are sold out of tickets! Regal cinema is a multi million dollar company and can afford to build me a new theater, right now, just I can see the movie today. I don't care if the theater will be a useless waste of money to them after today, it is my right as a consumer to see it where and when i want it!
    Except, you didn't buy a ticket for the Friday night 7 pm showing, and then were told, "oh no. We'll call you in a day or so when we can get you in."

Not a great analogy. Just saying.

They're waiting for the hamsters to breed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janaa View Post
    They're waiting for the hamsters to breed.

But have they oiled the wheels?

10+ Year Old Account
    To everyone bitching: "i payed for the game and can't play, this is an infringement on my rights as a consumer!" You signed this thing called an EULA when you installed the game that says otherwise. so get over it.
    It's still disingenuous to offer a release date and not abide by it. Blizzard's success is their responsibility, not ours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    It's still disingenuous to offer a release date and not abide by it. Blizzard's success is their responsibility, not ours.
    well you can remember that for the next game they launch
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Chora View Post
    Not trying to troll or anything, just a funny gif about all this madness :

http://s18.postimage.org/pv2a96xvb/D3servers2.gif
    Yes it was funny when this was about people hammering the system trying to get in. It seems now that their systems are just flat out failing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    well you can remember that for the next game they launch
    I know they will. I'm sure it's not intentional, but it's still bad business.