10+ Year Old Account

Diablo 3 compared to Wow?

This isn't about versus, I'd like to know the simularities of gameplay.

Is it an MMORPG like wow, are you playing in a setting of alot of people like wow, and a community chat.

Or is it a linear Hack n Slash and you are all alone?

Can I meet someone in game, group with them and do quest and level together?

Is there an opposite faction that I will hate and want to pound in the face?

Are all the classes (aimed) to be equal, or is there obvious stronger classes?

Will this game get as much attention from the qq'ers (cough) the community on class and game feedback?

Is this game made to compete with wow?

It is a linear hack and slash, and you are all alone with the option to play with 3 of your friends.
    You can meet people through a public game option, and quest with them to your hearts content. After they bring out a patch, you will also be able to duel them.
    There is no opposite faction, the only things you kill are npcs.
    The classes are varied. For example, the Barbarian class is very powerful, and also takes very little damage, compared to the Mage which is a 'glass cannon' of sorts.
    I can't comment on if it will get attention from the community, but it probably will.
    It is made to compete with WoW in the same way Starcraft is, so not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    My character is a druid named Bear. I spent days coming up with this unique name and apparently people loved it so much that they named an animal after it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perfect, OK thanks a million

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 11:18 PM ----------

Can you elaborate on this "Public Game Option", how does it work?