Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    As someone who is biased toward the series and has played since the release of the first one, I would have to say yes. You can take this opinion since a grain of salt since I flat out said I was biased toward it, but my recommendation is to see if you can get a guest pass and give it a shot. It is very click heavy and you will be doing certain content over and over, but one of things that attracts me to the series is the ability to sit down and play it for a long time or for just short period without any issues. The problem with most MMOs is that it is hard to just sit down with them for 20-30 minutes and have fun (or at least I have that problem). This game is great to just pick up and play.

I understand the game is not for everyone (don't know how people don't like it, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if I feel they are wrong ) so check out a guest pass and give it a whirl. If you want PM me for a guest pass (I have 3, but the other 2 are going to friends). This is for the OP only. Just link this thread and PM me so I know it is you and I will send you the code and instructions. You can try all classes and play up to level 13 and up to the Skeleton King (which you normally get to around level 9).
    Last edited by Sealbinder; 2012-05-16 at 01:13 PM.

It's tough to suggest it to someone who's fresh to the franchise in general. Although the game is undeniably fun and polished for those who like the style, many of us have layers upon layers of rose tinted glasses on. I love the game, but I loved D2 and D1. So I can't speak from the perspective of someone new to it.

Get a guest pass from a friend and play around with it some more if dropping money is the only thing holding you back.