Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    No-one except players confusing D3 with WoW will care about WF and the so called race.

Quote Originally Posted by r3f1exez View Post
    No they wont get banned for it, because technically they're doing nothing wrong.

However saying that it's a intended use is pretty dumb, that's basically saying Blizzard fully intended people to skip 95% of Inferno content if they were just going to kill bosses and avoid everything else (which is exactly why they made bosses NOT drop the best loot because they didn't want people skipping content like in D2).

Use some common sense atleast if you're going to call people out over semantics.
    Before you call me out, i never said blizzard intended it. THEY (kripp and co) did and its 100% legal. Stop your whining over nothing.
    Last edited by Papapwn; 2012-05-17 at 10:03 AM.

http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/insight...deo_games.html

shows Xfire is simply a sponsored website pushing LOL to the extreme. They even had paid advertissments to convince people it was most played ... which according to Nielsen is CLEARLY NOT the case...

Back to the topic.

It is clear that Diablo 3 will be on the front page of both hardcore and casual players for the next 3 years.

Learn to live with it.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-05-17 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    I'm glad I decided not to play D3. Played both D2 and D1 for a combined total of a decade, will preserve that memory happily without touching this game.

Quote Originally Posted by KtN View Post
    I'm glad I decided not to play D3. Played both D2 and D1 for a combined total of a decade, will preserve that memory happily without touching this game.
    Well it is your choice. But I disliked D2 as it aged awefully. D3 is an on line game player's wet dream come true: fast and challenging dungeon crawling with real friends on line.

What more do you want?

Deleted
    The only reason I care about this "race" is for the e-Drama that ensues.

It's hilarious.

---------- Post added 2012-05-17 at 10:53 AM ----------

Also, skipping stuff is ridiculous.
    It's like playing snooker and going directly to pot the black. Yay !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Well it is your choice. But I disliked D2 as it aged awefully. D3 is an on line game player's wet dream come true: fast and challenging dungeon crawling with real friends on line.

What more do you want?
    I wanted a diablo game, this does not fill those shoes. Sure, it's a blizzard game but it in no way resembles the precedent set by D1 and D2. It's not about the gameplay either, I'm glad they evolved that. It's more about how everything about the game feels like a cross between WoW, SC2 and D2, in equal parts. The visual style, the way skills are implemented and tweaks like stat dist being taken away just add to it.

I'm sure they'll get loads of people who haven't played D1 or 2 to get into it. I mean, look at all the non-diablo guilds and gamers from MMO platforms that are jumping on it. I hope they have fun but it's not, from my perspective, diablo 3 as such. Calling a lily a rose doesn't make it so, though they are equally fragrant flowers.

I'm waiting for Grim Dawn to come out 2013. They successfully funded their kickstarter so I'll be looking forward to that. Maybe some Mortal Online in the mean time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Yogscast is appropriate; they're people who are making their living off Youtube and whatever else comes from their small following, despite having no real marketable skills other than appealing to a niche crowd.

I don't think subscriber numbers are any more valuable than "likes" or "friends" on Facebook. I'm subscribed to several dozen channels on my Youtube, but I really only consistently watch videos out of maybe three or four of those; the other ones I subscribed to because I know that "subscribing," benefits them somehow, and it was my way of saying thanks for producing a video I found funny or interesting or whatever.

To assume all 1.7 million of the Yogscast subs are actively interested in and watching their channel and videos? I dunno, I'd say it's probably more like a few hundred thousand.
    well the way i see it is they make their living entertaining. If that is wrong to do then all of Hollywood is bad. According to youtube and the stats they post, Yogscast averages over 3 million views a day and thats what you make your money on. Subs also are what get you the youtube partnership so i would say its more important then likes. Don't misunderstand I'm not a Yogscast fan boy i just don't think they are the same kind of people as Athene, Swifty and Co.

Depends how you define an exploit.
    A deliberate action to trivialise or remove difficulty in a way that was not intended.
    Now whether it is an exploit or not comes down to one simple question, is that skipping of trash something blizzard intended or not.
    That should be asked of blizzard.

All I have to say is "The Butchers Cleaver" not "the butcher", was the weapon he dropped, only in single player mode.

What does this have to do with athene? he got world first level 60 on asian servers and then started fresh on EU as far as I was aware. Pretty sure he wasnt going for silly world firsts of bosses.

You could say leveling to 60 world first is silly too, but its very much a Diablo style, they had ladder races 1-2 times a year for years on D2, with the ladder resets.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-05-17 at 11:14 AM.