Should I be "DEing" my rares?

Yo. So I'm only level 11, and I've gotten a good amount of purple (magical?) items and one rare. So far, I disassembled all of them. Is this the best thing to do? I'm thinking no one will want my crappy act 1 "uncommon" items on the auction house.

I usually just salvage the magical blues and post the yellows I can't use on the AH. If I'm running low on gold I'll sell all the blues instead. I just recently sold an Act 1 rare for 8k, paid for the last two levels of my BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    rares have 100% chance to disassemble into that horn thing used for crafting rares.

10+ Year Old Account
    After running through on normal, I have about 200 of the essences and enough of the fallen tooth, I think at this point its worth just vendoring the uncommon blues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muraza View Post
    After running through on normal, I have about 200 of the essences and enough of the fallen tooth, I think at this point its worth just vendoring the uncommon blues.
    Pretty much where I'm at, 'cept instead of clearing normal, I've just leveled like 4 characters to 15ish to try them out. Sitting on a shared 150+ essences and 2 dozen teeth. I just vendor the blues for money and AH the rares.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I have so many BS mats i started vendoring blues and also yellows. 60% MF% is like I entered a cheat code of something. I get yellows from dead bodies, from barrels, its ridiculous. I wanna get it to 100%+ and see what happens lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try to hang on to rare's that I might use on alts (mostly DEX/Monk stuff) and I've got a handfull of magic weaponry for other classes so they can start off well. I have yet to get a rare item that I don't need for either myself (WD), my followers or my Monk alt but that IS decent enough to sell in terms of stats.

Cause I agree people are probably not interested in a normal mode rare item, unless it's well itemised. So all the wonderfull rares I got with a combination of Vitality, gold pick up and + health globe heal I've simply salvaged, as I have done for every magic item I didn't need anymore.

I have salvaged mats in heaps though, and I'm not entirely sure those mats will be more usefull then the gold from vendoring them. For now just banking on it that I can use the mats to create stuff towards the end of normal or else just create tons of stuff for my Monk alt till I get an item with the right stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just started act 2 of Nightmare. Nightmare blues (have a high chance to) give different mats when "sharded", as do yellows. It's been my experience to sell the yellows (very profitable, especially weapons) while "sharding" the blues for my friend that's doing blacksmithing. Not sure how much he's made, but I give him gold to craft stuff with the mats and I resell the stuff on the AH for way more.

All in all, salvage the blues to make yellows and sell all the yellows. If you think the stats on the yellows are undesirable, sell 'em for cheap. At this point and time, people will buy just about anything.

Salvage magical items. Rares just put them up on the auction house. Junk rares you can put up for like 1k and it'll sell fast. Semi useful ones 5-10k. Good rares you can put up for 10k+ and they'll sell.

By selling them instead of salvaging them you can buy 5 - 10 times as much crafting materials, if crafting is your thing.

Deleted
    Well, if you have finished normal difficulty you probably are level 30+
    The Subtle Essences are only usably with reciped until around lvl 30. The later recipes use a new ressource, gained through salvaging lvl 30+ items ( I don't know the exact numbers, sorry).

So if you want to have mats to craft gear for your new characters, salvage... if you want just money, sell. If they have got stats, sell on the AH.